Creator: flint

Gaviota - October 3, 2010, 1:58 pm,
No. You DID choose this way. I could NOT easily be you anymore than you would attempt to succeed in being me. You demand charity, but you give none. You are offered jobs, but you refuse them. You enjoy being pitiful because it costs you no effort.
crankyhead - October 3, 2010, 2:13 pm,
Gavi, homelessness can happen to anyone.
flint - October 3, 2010, 2:14 pm,
plenty end up homeless through no fault of their own, only through bad circumstances, if you have no home you can't get a job, you tar them all with the same brush, astounding view!
rerun - October 3, 2010, 2:36 pm,
I think we should be glad we are not homeless or Gaviota....I think being homeless would be preferable
jameswnash - October 3, 2010, 7:30 pm,
Gavi, how do you propose to get a job after loosing everything, the only clothes are those are on your back, no water to bathe, no way to not smell like the streets, no way to look presentable..yes I can see how someone "chooses" that... As to flint, 5L
Gaviota - October 3, 2010, 7:31 pm,
If you haven't worked with them, you don't know them. Over 90% of the chronically homeless are homeless by preference and by profession. In America, nobody who doesn't want to be stays homeless for long, regardless of the "homeless activist" propaganda.
Gaviota - October 3, 2010, 7:34 pm,
It may be harsh, but the facts are the facts, regardless of how emotional people feel. Everyone who wants help can get it. The truly pitiful are the mentally ill, but even they have rights, and if they want to live on the street, they can and will.
Gaviota - October 3, 2010, 7:40 pm,
Sorry you don't like it. Sorry your heart bleeds. Sorry you'd rather be homeless than be me. Have you fed people in a homeless shelter, or bandaged them up in an ER? I have. I've listened to them scream for morphine, demerol, alcohol and cigarettes.
Gaviota - October 3, 2010, 7:42 pm,
I've actually tried to help. I've actually washed them when they couldn't control their bodily funtions, cleaned up their vomit when the food upset their empty stomachs. And I see the same ones, over and over, refusing help, jobs, clothes, food.
Gaviota - October 3, 2010, 7:45 pm,
Still I keep trying. But I'm not going to apologize for being clear-eyed and clear-minded about it. And no, it's not "easy to fall into homelessness." Very infrequently do people become homeless without a long series of bad decisions behind them.
Gaviota - October 3, 2010, 7:46 pm,
Y'all have a good day, and count your many blessings.
tellitlikeitis - October 3, 2010, 7:54 pm,
I think this is awesome. You never know what live has in store for us-- paycheque from paycheque, death, whatever. Although, I b**** and complain about life sometimes, I'm always glad for a roof over my head and food in my belly.
Feasibly - October 3, 2010, 8:08 pm,
In Gaviota's defense, I have contemplated homelessness before. At the time I hated anything to do with being alive, till I discovered I REALLY like cheese!
Gaviota - October 3, 2010, 11:20 pm,
You know what? I'm an a**hole, and I broke the rules. Nothing I wrote was funny. I attribute this to excess blood in my alcohol system, which I will now remedy with an infusion of Laphroaig. Sorry, everyone. Sore nerve. Won't happen again.
forseti - October 4, 2010, 3:22 am,
Let's agree that this poster was made for the 10% homeless people that had immense misfortune in their lifes. It's great and the discussion belongs to politifake ;)
Reality Lord - October 4, 2010, 1:59 pm,
i might be wrong gav nut i thought the majority of homeless people suffered from mental illness. i do understand that ignorance and apathy play a part in the remaining ones but are they the majority?
Gaviota - October 4, 2010, 9:20 pm,
Only about 25% of the chronically homeless have some form of mental illness, but not severe enough to make them dangerous to themselves or others, or require institutionalization. The remainder have chemical dependency issues. That's the biggest problem
rerun - October 4, 2010, 9:23 pm,
lets drop the subject.
GreyScorpion - October 4, 2010, 9:24 pm,
they just described 75% of the moti-family
Sound - October 9, 2010, 2:45 pm,
beautiful, that Ronald McDonald?
Cubbybear - October 9, 2010, 3:00 pm,'s Rhianna