They need 50 Lbs of Kevlar and a helmet to play Rugby

Creator: WeeTam

Airman - March 1, 2011, 12:04 pm,
I seriously doubt that there are a lot of 6'6", 265lb rugby players who run a 4.4 40 yard dash. The average nfl career is 3.4 years. They run fast, they hit hard. Are you saying Ray Lewis or Lawrence Taylor couldn't play rugby? These guys are HUGE
Airman - March 1, 2011, 12:05 pm,
or better yet, let's take a club rugby player, puts some pads and helmet on him, and stick him in with the Steelers or Ravens for an hour going full speed.
WeeTam - March 1, 2011, 12:08 pm,
Never heard of Jonah Lomu then? 6'7" 283Lbs ran the 100 metres quicker than carl lewis :)
Airman - March 1, 2011, 12:17 pm,
no I hadn't, but I just read about him. Quite impressive. Well, there's ONE.
Airman - March 1, 2011, 12:18 pm,
and the NFL is not rugby.. the forward pass changes the game. Running full speed over the middle with a safety waiting to take your head off .. there is nothing like that in rugby.
WeeTam - March 1, 2011, 12:20 pm,
Mathieu Basteraud, 17 stones of muscle, runs the 100 m in 9.8, Sebastien Chabal, 6'8" 19 stones runs the 100m in 10.5, i could go on.... :)
Airman - March 1, 2011, 12:46 pm,
I'll look for them this season on Monday Night Rugby
Airman - March 1, 2011, 12:46 pm,
next up in the chute: Cricket vs. Baseball
Airman - March 1, 2011, 12:49 pm,
I have no doubt there are great rugby players.. but we're not making posters bashing Rugby are we.. yet American Football is free game.. have you ever played it? I have played BOTH. Both rugged games, just different. but go ahead, keep bashing the nfl
WeeTam - March 1, 2011, 12:56 pm,
baseball wins, cricket is yawnarama
steph1 - March 1, 2011, 1:23 pm,
always wondered: why you call it "football"? how often do they actually play with the foot? and ball? isn't that a completely round thing? - btw, Jonah was awesome in his "All Blacks" days
crankyhead - March 1, 2011, 1:42 pm,
You can't compare american football to rugby. It's like bananas and coconuts y'know? Besides, everyone knows that real men play badminton. =)
coldinjected - March 1, 2011, 2:05 pm,
I watched Australian Rules Football a few months ago. I would gladly spend my Sunday watching that all day. It's like Hockey and Rugby together. People say it's the same as Rugby but it isn't. People drop kick people and they play on! Still love football!
coldinjected - March 1, 2011, 2:09 pm,
Sorry I was off topic. 6 of the top 10 most valueable franchises are football. When do I get to a rugby organization? You can try to compare all you want but there is a reason American football draws so much money. It's just better. Plain and simple.
CANADA - March 1, 2011, 7:08 pm,
Beer league hockey. now thats a sport!
440wakeup - July 11, 2011, 9:32 pm,
I will always be more intimidated by Rugby players than football players, they are huge solid muscle have to walk sideways thru ooors, but every rugby player tells stories of being n**** and sweaty blitzkrieg drunk with the boys drinking out of a shoe
Greeny - July 11, 2011, 10:25 pm,
I never could figure out the color schemes of the Jerseys; my black and white TV is on a stand