"...none of them received the heroes welcome..."

Creator: RnR

Motifake Wit Liberation Front - July 31, 2008, 1:03 am,
Wow, RnR, what a great song this was. Nice blast from the past. I give it 5 for nostalgia alone!
pro - July 31, 2008, 5:34 am,
Not to mention Rory Bremner's cricket-based parody of it: "N-n-n-nineteen (not out)"! Life in Britain was good in 1985. (If you were not a miner, that is.)
RnR - July 31, 2008, 7:17 am,
Cheers. pro, life was the pits in the Thatcher era, and not only in Britain. Anyways: seen 3-D version fo 19?
pro - July 31, 2008, 8:10 am,
Correction: *my* life (as an exchange student) was good in Britain, in 1985 ;-)
pro - July 31, 2008, 8:13 am,
I forgot to bring my green/red 3D stereo-glasses!
barockeva - January 12, 2009, 4:57 pm,
why would they get a heroes welcome? They kind of failed.
Mark - February 16, 2009, 5:04 pm,
"They" did not fail. The politicians failed. An American Soldier does what he is told. If he is told to win, he will win whatever the cost. "They" weren't allowed to win. "They" deserve our thanks.
Airman - February 26, 2009, 4:57 pm,
5,100,000 vietnamese dead 3,000,000 cambodians dead 2,000,000 laotians dead 58,000 americans dead
Motifake Wit Liberation Front - February 26, 2009, 11:10 pm,
It's a mistake to think that back in the sixties and seventies, everyone protested the war except the soldiers who went to fight it. Those men and women served their country because they believed in it, and thought they were doing a good deed. It was --
Motifake Wit Liberation Front - February 26, 2009, 11:11 pm,
-- a different era, when people were different. If you signed up to serve and did so, you were probably supported by your friends and family. The weird thing about Vietnam was how it was viewed after it happened. I think it was a mistaken war, but --
Motifake Wit Liberation Front - February 26, 2009, 11:13 pm,
-- that's the fault of those who sent our troops over there and didn't get them back in time. They did deserve a heroes welcome, but by the time any substantial amount could come home, people did not celebrate them the way previous generations --
Motifake Wit Liberation Front - February 26, 2009, 11:15 pm,
-- would have. Vietnam vets got a raw deal on several social fronts. I wish the hippies had been more compassionate.
RONSART - February 27, 2009, 1:35 am,
As one of the few Vietnam Vets on the site here...THANKS again MWLF for your comments...still to this day...still ask for a free cup of coffee when given a there in Nam...every GI was going to kick the a** of all the
RONSART - February 27, 2009, 1:37 am,
dissenters...funny...6 months after discharged...was one...marchs and signs for anti war...Kerry really did speak for many GI,s became a hippie too...oh well...but proud of my service to my country...and proud of men/women serving now!
WTFO - February 27, 2009, 1:47 am,
Great poster. My old man served in Vietnam. In some ways history is repeating itself now. While there isn't the disrespect for GIs now (except for barockeva's dumb a**), they are being demoralized by the constant demonization of thier mission.
WTFO - February 27, 2009, 1:49 am,
Many of us in uniform believe in the Iraqi war and know that it helps keep terrorism off our shores. We have been winning militarily but losing a publicity war. That happened in Vietnam too. Stepping down from my soap box now. Who's next?
Hector - March 7, 2009, 12:10 pm,
As a vietnam vet, I find today's overuse of the word "Hero" disgusting. We need a new word for what "Hero" used to mean.
Sac - March 7, 2009, 7:27 pm,
LBJ was the real Babykiller
Mark - March 8, 2009, 1:52 am,
Hector - In my book, almost everyone who put on a US uniform is a hero. There are different degrees of heros but the one thing they all seem to share is that they don't believe they're heroes but that they served with heros. Thnks for your service Hector.
Mark - March 8, 2009, 1:56 am,
Sac - You've put me in a difficult position and one I'm not familiar with...defending a democrat. So let me just say, lick my sac sac, and leave it at that.