Creator: TheScottsMan

M0rd3kaI - March 28, 2012, 2:00 pm,
Kimber Custom II... consider the Glock De-Throned
TheScottsMan - March 28, 2012, 2:26 pm,
The kimber custom II has a b***on saftey, therefore inferior to Glock.
M0rd3kaI - March 28, 2012, 4:27 pm,
When wielding a firearm it's your trigger finger that provides the best safety... oh and the Kimber and 1911 looks better ;) just saying
TheScottsMan - March 28, 2012, 5:07 pm,
My point exactly. I hate mechanical safties. Oh and I'm a bigger fan of function over form. I don't enter my handguns in beauty contests.
M0rd3kaI - March 29, 2012, 4:39 pm,
Kimber nor Colt came up second in a quality match either, function is one thing, but it aint no intimidating item to wield 2 hellokitti handguns
TheScottsMan - March 29, 2012, 5:06 pm,
hellokitti handguns? Are you refering to Glock? A Glock 21 has vertually double the mag capacity of any 1911. Noth to mention that its rated far higher for combat use than the 1911. Lose the training wheels and the saftey, the 19ll is the hellokitti gun.
M0rd3kaI - April 5, 2012, 12:26 pm,
My (And many others) prefer the 1911. oh and the size of the glock (thickness) is far greater than that of the colt or more modern 1911 styles. as for the 'hellokitti' I was referring to the hellokitti theme placed on so many firearms nowdays, pink, white
M0rd3kaI - April 5, 2012, 12:26 pm,
and what not. so far as I know the 1911 does not have that shame on its name
TheScottsMan - April 5, 2012, 11:30 pm, No one can escape the pinkness. They even made a hello kitty AK for godsakes! Grip thickness = mag capacity. I need more than 7-8 rounds.
M0rd3kaI - April 6, 2012, 6:20 am,
Snakeskin handle gives it a more roughneck look... but still. anyway, if you need more rounds it only means you shouldn't have a firearm in the first place ;)
TheScottsMan - April 6, 2012, 6:59 am,
As a Marine Corps pistol expert accuracy isn't my problem. Also as an Eagle Scout "Be Prepared" son, thats my motto. Be Prepared, becauses those d***ed zombies aren't going to kill themselves :)
M0rd3kaI - April 6, 2012, 10:02 am,
For zombies... a nice knife or axe, as for preparedness... that's where more mags come into play.
TheScottsMan - April 10, 2012, 11:00 am,
Yea, cause thats exactly what I want to do... a mag change ever seven rounds and making sure my saftey is off... 2 steps I can avoid.
M0rd3kaI - April 10, 2012, 6:40 pm,
*ahem* "Lazyness" and that is also where muscle memory comes in play
templar13 - March 28, 2012, 6:46 pm,
I'm a fan of Berettas. Just sayin', they're the startin' handgun in most RE games....
Swampfox - October 24, 2012, 3:14 am,
tomyironmane - July 18, 2013, 9:49 pm,
Come bacl in a hundred years and scra** the cosmoline off and a 1911 will work just like it did when your great grandpa packed it away. Can you say the same of a Glock? Can you say that they'll be still in production in the 2100s? Bet the 1911 will be.
TheScottsMan - July 19, 2013, 9:00 am,
Not only can I say that, but u can store a Glock 21 .45 13+1 under saltwater for 30 days and it'll still fire. Can you say that about ur precious 1911? Look at a real U.S. Patent 984519. That's a 1911 not what u think is a 1911. Don't fool urself dude.
tomyironmane - July 22, 2013, 5:29 pm,
30 days of saltwater is not a hundred years of use/storage, NOR is it 100+ years of production and proven results. As for MY 1911? Possibly, it's stainless steel. That having been said, I don't use it as a boat anchor. Also: *you *your *you *yourself.
TheScottsMan - July 22, 2013, 5:57 pm,
Saving Character space grammar nazi. So basically you're saying that if you pack it in cosmoline it'll last 100 years? and you think the Glock won't. You can bury a Glock in the ground for 30 years and it'll fire. It's been done.
TheScottsMan - July 22, 2013, 6:13 pm,
Thats the only way you're going to get a 1911 to work for 100 years anyway. They'll rust shut so easy its not even funny. It's funny you think a pistol that's been altered countless times to look nothing like its original has been around 100 years.
GaryO - July 23, 2013, 8:42 am,
Burying a Glock. Good move. Make it deep.
tomyironmane - July 24, 2013, 2:57 pm,
Agreed, go get a real pistol and learn to take care of it, instead of using it as a post-hole digger, boat anchor, doorstop, wheel chock, coffee-table leveling device, hammer, and so on.
TheScottsMan - July 24, 2013, 5:10 pm,
I'd rather buy one you don't have to baby to get to work right. That's a REAL pistol. Not a 1911 you buy at baby gap.
tomyironmane - July 26, 2013, 2:21 pm,
Who said you had to baby them? Just don't treat them like garbage. Hell, a stock GI 1911 you probably CAN treat like garbage. The issues come when you treat a tight 1911 like garbage, and you'll get that reliability issue with any tight-tolerance pistol.
tomyironmane - July 28, 2013, 1:57 am,
Besides, someone just passed me a few pix of Glock Kabooms. Turns out you DO have to baby a Glock, especially on ammo, or the chambers might rupture... whereas a 1911 will eat anything that isn't +P.... and a Hi-point will eat any ol' garbage you feed it.
TheScottsMan - July 23, 2013, 12:28 pm,
Glock has outperformed 1911 in every way except looks. All a 1911 is good for is looking pretty in a case.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - July 23, 2013, 1:48 pm,
"Pretty" hand guns…now I've heard it all.
GaryO - July 23, 2013, 2:40 pm,
Hey what do you expect from a Scotsman with tyts (being funny here, Scottsman). Yeah, I’m not a 1911 fan either. It s/be buried with the Glock. Sh**/carried ‘em all.
TheScottsMan - July 23, 2013, 2:58 pm,
As a Scotsman I love Scottish women in plaid bras :)
GaryO - July 23, 2013, 3:16 pm,
Man, I wish we could agree on something. I love them without plaid bras.