Creator: SteveFurlong

BoneCD - May 9, 2012, 9:54 pm,
I am an Engineer. I don't have any kids, and I want to retire for the second time...go figure. 5L
Airman - May 10, 2012, 12:37 pm,
Bone, I hate to break it to you here, but you retired 2 years ago. The phone on your desk isn't connected and your email always gives a Not with the Company Anymore message
GaryO - May 10, 2012, 8:50 am,
In the meantime…3 McJobs and work on a better resume. Self pity ain’t makin’ the daughter feel better………. ..and on the next interview, throw the d*** tie over the shoulder. Even when yer standing still it emits the notion that you’re goin’ somewhere……..
SteveFurlong - May 10, 2012, 9:49 am,
Hey, GaryO, this is intended to be demotivating! Your perfectly sensible advice is not aiding in this endeavor.
GaryO - May 10, 2012, 10:47 am,
By golly, you are right! Sorry, man…..I was poster motivated me.......
JimBob1950 - May 12, 2012, 1:23 pm,
Wait! You have an advanced degree in engineering and you can't find a job? Dude, sorry about your daughter but either you have poor references, a poor resume', or have a degree fron a bogus university.
rerun - May 12, 2012, 7:05 pm,
JB - maybe the economy where Steve lives isn't as robust as where you live. @ steve, I feel your pain.
JimBob1950 - May 12, 2012, 9:57 pm,
I feel bad for the guy, but his skill set gives him a big leg up over most other folks without a degree, or without a useful one like engineering. An engineer or scientist (among others) should be prepared to move to a job. Comes with the territory
rerun - May 12, 2012, 10:11 pm,
Maybe where he lives is the best place to get the care his sick daughter requires. Point being, we can truly never understand the pain & suffering of another even if we are similar in background.
SteveFurlong - May 12, 2012, 10:13 pm,
Er, thanks for the sympathy, but this poster is not autobiographical. I was just going for something demotivating.
rerun - May 12, 2012, 10:19 pm,