Left behind death, fire and pain. But before you judge, point finger in blame, Ask, "What would I have done?" ..... I bet no answer came.

Creator: pickleviper

Derek - May 29, 2012, 10:31 pm,
I would've kept the subs doing their good work. No more oil, no more war.
ipaprime - May 30, 2012, 2:10 am,
stcks and stones mixed with fanatasism and another 100,000 dead americans + who knows how many dead japanese. study history some time
pickleviper - May 30, 2012, 5:00 am,
What happened when the bombs were dropped was terrible, but the only other option was a land invasion of Japan, which would have resulted in horrific casualties on both sides, including civilians who were being rallied to fight as well.
pickleviper - May 30, 2012, 5:03 am,
The decision to drop those bombs must have been extremely hard, and was made by strong men. Their actions cannot be either condoned or condemned lightly. The Japanese and Germans both sought nuclear weapons themselves, and would not have hesitated...
pickleviper - May 30, 2012, 5:07 am,
...using them against the allies. In fact, nuclear materials captured from a surrendering German U-Boat (on its way to Japan) were used in the bombs themselves. The whole point of the poster is to ask what you or I would've done. In truth I cannot answer.
RonE - May 30, 2012, 5:07 am,
I see someone commented on study history. Had nothing to do with "fanatasism." Nor "sticks and stones." People do not want to read or learn real history. Not nearly as exciting to know the real reason than it is to point fingers in angst.
pickleviper - May 30, 2012, 5:28 am,
RonE, I'm glad you agree we cannot point fingers, especially without knowing the history involved. Much of the world was in ruins. Hundreds of thousands dead. They did what they thought had to be done. No matter how hard the decision.
maoworks2 - May 30, 2012, 10:22 am,
Good Poster !
pickleviper - May 30, 2012, 10:55 am,
Thanks, mao.
Airman - May 30, 2012, 5:17 pm,
my Dad was in the pacific then. He flew in a B24 over Nagasaki the day before they dropped it. all of the troops were preparing for the invasion of Japan, and the casualty predictions were huge. On both sides. The bombs saved a lot of lives
pickleviper - May 30, 2012, 6:25 pm,
Exactly. As terrible as the effects of the bombs were, there would have been a hell of a lot less people in the world when the war ended than if they hadn't been dropped. Thanks for your comment, Airman.
jmanderson - June 3, 2012, 11:04 am,
if it wernt for those two bombs there wouldnt be any japaneese people any more they would fought until they were all dead
Finchy123 - August 25, 2012, 11:34 pm,
In the war there was a guy name Gook Ear Stern. My Great grandad remembers him from the war in the tales for Australia. He was a brave man and a great one too. He made through the war as a gunman, of course back then a gunman was one of the leaders.
Finchy123 - August 25, 2012, 11:34 pm,
I'm not talking about Gook Ear Stern.