Creator: thecrotchetyoldcynic

SteveFurlong - June 8, 2012, 7:04 pm,
Not true. I'm an atheist and always was, even in a foxhole. Even when I didn't even have a foxhole and artillery or small arms fire was coming in.
GaryO - June 9, 2012, 7:25 am,
Well, I’m no atheist, nor a ‘Christian’. But, hell, I’m keepin’ my options open, and yeah, had rounds whizzin’ past me….and caught one once. Funny, didn’t have sense enough at the time to know I was in danger, too young and stupid…just pissed me off. 5L
Hawamleh - June 9, 2012, 8:28 am,
Please post to
thecrotchetyoldcynic - June 9, 2012, 9:29 pm,
Thank you one and all. It seems that when atheists are in a bind, usually the first words spoken are, “Oh God, help!” Or my personal favorite, when an atheist hears someone sneeze and automatically says, “God bless you.” True story, fellow Motifakers.
BearInOz - June 10, 2012, 9:10 am,
I don't suddenly turn to god when I'm in trouble, I have replaced the bless you with Gesundheit. Old habits such as 'oh my god' are just that, old habits. As far as your original claim, I'm sure the people at might disagree with you
Bull - June 10, 2012, 2:57 pm,
When I'm in a bind I say something like "fuq me" and the first thing I say when someone sneezes around me is "cover your mouth", always have. My father used to cheat and after feel guilty and preach the bible to me like I was a moron and didn't know wtf.
thecrotchetyoldcynic - June 10, 2012, 10:41 pm,
There are those who do rotten things all their life and then have this “holier than thou” attitude, and feel that the only way to “save” themselves is to cram their piety down other people’s throats.
thecrotchetyoldcynic - June 10, 2012, 10:41 pm,
But people will hide behind anything to make themselves look better than they are. Even as something as insignificant as a passing comet in outer space and downing some fatal kool-aid.
thecrotchetyoldcynic - June 10, 2012, 10:43 pm,
And sorry your dad is a jerk. I can commiserate.
EmilioDumphque - June 11, 2012, 2:57 am,
No, they get murdered by their own "brothers in arms", like Pat Tillman.
spcdylan - June 11, 2012, 8:20 am,
i have been living in foxholes for a while... even if someone is an athiest, sooner or later they will be praying to someone!!!
RonE - June 11, 2012, 4:35 pm,
After having my hand blown off in the Corps, my first words were not "oh god." No, plenty of atheist in foxholes. one more truth the religious refuse to face.