Creator: Greybeard

falloutghoul - December 15, 2012, 10:05 am,
That's why I believe in Separation of Church and State.
robbidos - December 15, 2012, 2:31 pm,
This post illustrates the ignorance of "Americans"
Rudedog - December 15, 2012, 7:01 pm,
I love a post that ignites emotional reaction. Well done. But schools are for education. Parents need to bring up the other end.
Greybeard - December 15, 2012, 9:06 pm,
I believe in separation of church and state also and Im not religious or politically orientated. I used the poster to get people thinking about gun control and violence in America related to guns. 181 school shootings since Columbine and the politicians
Greybeard - December 15, 2012, 9:12 pm,
have done little or nothing to control guns regardless of legal or illegal. It's a complicated issue at best. I don't advocate any single religion in schools but I do support people being "able" to practice their religion in public. I do believe that
Greybeard - December 15, 2012, 9:18 pm,
kind of exposure fosters a understanding/respect for other peoples religions, culture ect. It would be wrong to force children to participate in these events without parental consent because as Rudedog pointed out, that is a parents responsibility.
ipaprime - December 16, 2012, 1:24 am,
even without religon schools can and should teach moral responability
Greybeard - December 16, 2012, 3:38 am,
I knew it was risky posting this & I sincerely apologize to anyone I offended. My intent was to support more stringent gun control laws. Apparently I failed to do that. My thoughts & remorse for this tragedy lie with families who lost their loved ones.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - December 16, 2012, 8:10 am,
On the contrary, I think your point was well made and I don't think anyone is offended. It's really easy to get self conscious and read too much into the comments. Don't worry, you done good.
Greybeard - December 16, 2012, 8:28 am,
Hindsight unfortunately is always 20/20. I wish, I had used the words "gun control" in the text of the poster but I used the acronym KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) and that ultimately clouded up the point I was trying to get across.
Oiler - January 4, 2013, 12:16 pm,
Greybeard...your point comes across just fine. My question is, if God is omnipotent, can he really be removed from schools? IMHO, God SHOULD have been there for those kids whether a simple human told him he could be there or not.