Creator: Silverheart

CloudchaserS - January 18, 2013, 11:50 am,
I've a couple of question for all of the complainers. Subway serves thousands of sandwiches every hour. Probably tens of thousands. Do you really expect each and every ft long to never be less than 12 inches? And if the foot longs you got were 13 inches?
CloudchaserS - January 18, 2013, 11:51 am,
If the foot longs you got were 13in, would you complain?
GaryO - January 18, 2013, 2:09 pm,
My take on this poster is the unstated downsizing of everything in the food industry. A jar of mayo is now 30oz. Hardly recognizable shrinkage to the consumer, but a gazillion jars, like the tens of thousands of subway samiches, is a big dif to the mfg.
CloudchaserS - January 19, 2013, 5:33 am,
Good point. There's also that story about Delta saving thousands just by putting one olive in their salads instead of two.
Silverheart - January 18, 2013, 3:17 pm,
GaryO answered it pretty well. One person measured their sub, found it an inch short. He posted it on FB, which led to many ppl doing the same. Over half of the 'footlongs' were actually 11 - 11.5 inches, with none over 12.
Silverheart - January 18, 2013, 3:19 pm,
On top of that, Subway has reduced the portions of meat, cheese and other toppings.
alazgr8 - January 18, 2013, 3:20 pm,
Would you complain if you found out the gallon of gas you purchased was less than a gallon?
GaryO - January 19, 2013, 10:14 am,
I do believe that when I pay $3.299 I get the full gallon. I did ask for the change once when I bought a gallon for the mower and paid $3.30…wonder what $.001/gal amounts to per day.
Silverheart - January 18, 2013, 3:21 pm,
My poster is just my sarcastic take on the matter. Look around, the food industry is trying to charge the same $ for less product. I see it all the time in grocery stores.
ughomer - January 19, 2013, 5:35 am,
Foil bags containing Lays chips still same size but contents getting less in volume too. More air, less cholesterol.
Greeny - January 18, 2013, 7:47 pm,
It's just the same as that 8 inch myth thingy
Rudedog - January 19, 2013, 12:43 am,
My wife always wants the 6 incher but I swear its at least 6.25"