Creator: pzykosiz

Sho - April 17, 2013, 11:33 am,
Well everyone has the right to grieve on whatever they choose to
CloudchaserS - April 17, 2013, 11:59 am,
I do sometimes wonder why deaths like what happened in Boston are obsessed over, yet if the same number of people die in a traffic accident, it's not likely to get a mention outside of the local in which it happened
Krickit - April 17, 2013, 10:35 pm,
Seems a simple answer to me. When you describe what happened in Boston you wouldn't use the word accident. In a traffic accident... well there it was.
Krickit - April 17, 2013, 10:38 pm,
But now you have me wondering. Did you hear about Christopher Dorner just as often as I did? Being that I live in CA??
CloudchaserS - April 18, 2013, 4:54 am,
Good point and I'm in east Tennessee. I did hear about him, but probably not as often as people in your area did.
Greeny - April 17, 2013, 12:36 pm,
We need better pressure cooker laws
pickleviper - April 18, 2013, 2:26 pm,
(1) Your dog accidently gets hit by a car and killed. Are you sad? Yes. (2) Someone beats your dog to death with a baseball bat. Are you sad? Are you angry? Do you want to know why? Do you want that person to pay? Do you expect justice? Do you care?
pickleviper - April 18, 2013, 2:31 pm,
There is so much death in the world; thousands die every day for various reasons. When a purposeful act of violence is the cause, though, of course we take greater note. Every death is tragic, it is the means of any death by which we judge its impact.
GaryO - April 18, 2013, 3:26 pm,
Hear, Hear to PV. Now I must drink....raisin' the glass
RetiredUSNChief - April 20, 2013, 8:08 am,
Such is human nature. Tragedy is tragedy...but empathy requires personal context, or "perspective".
- April 22, 2013, 1:44 pm,
I can do something to try to help stop the conditions in Africa that cause the overwhelming death count (donations of time, necessities, money etc.) I could not do anything to stop the "cause" in Boston.
MissPriss - April 22, 2013, 1:48 pm,
Unfortunately the events in Africa are too soon forgotten because the media doesn't keep it in the spotlight such as events like the Boston bombings. It's been how long?...and still in the media everyday. That's the tragedy.