Conspiracy 51694451393

Creator: thecrotchetyoldcynic

GaryO - February 16, 2014, 10:06 am,
Press 5th lion…..sterilize hands….stay home
thecrotchetyoldcynic - February 16, 2014, 11:25 am,
Yes! Stay home. And stay away from the hospitals and emergency rooms; if one is sick, why risk catching something worse in a building filled with people who are sick worse than you? I'm sorry, did that sound old fashioned? :-/
EmilioDumphque - February 16, 2014, 3:55 pm,
I got a flu sh** early and never got the flu, again. Besides, the great epidemic was in 1919.
thecrotchetyoldcynic - February 16, 2014, 8:05 pm,
Actually, Emilio, according to people I've talked to years ago who were actually there, (now dead due to their advanced age) said the epidemic started in 1918, which is why WWI was "cut short." Otherwise WWI would have continued.
EmilioDumphque - February 17, 2014, 4:21 am,
It looks like 1913 on the poster. If you have evidence of the Kaiser abdicating in response to the flu outbreak, I'd like to hear it.
thecrotchetyoldcynic - February 17, 2014, 10:22 am,
Here's the thing, E.D. You're faceless to me, ergo, I don't argue on the internet with anyone.
MissPriss - February 17, 2014, 11:04 am,
I get the flu sh** every year...and still can't fly, the bstard!
thecrotchetyoldcynic - February 17, 2014, 2:13 pm,
That's because you need the magic feather ;-)
lgvernon - February 17, 2014, 3:19 pm,
I took some training at the VA a few years ago for a program called 'No Vet Dies Alone'. The need for vigilant hand-washing has stayed with me and when I am in a hospital or any facility where sanitizer is available, I use it.
lgvernon - February 17, 2014, 3:23 pm,
The Flu Pandemic officially began in January 1918 and ended in December 1920. The influenza pandemic killed more people than the Great War, known today as World War I (WWI), at somewhere between 20 and 40 million people.
lgvernon - February 17, 2014, 3:23 pm,
It has been cited as the most devastating epidemic in recorded world history. More people died of influenza in a single year than in four-years of the Black Death Bubonic Plague from 1347 to 1351.
lgvernon - February 17, 2014, 3:25 pm,
In the two years of the flu pandemic, it is estimated that one-fifth of the world population was infected. The flu was most deadly for people aged 20 to 24.
lgvernon - February 17, 2014, 3:29 pm,
It is estimated that half of the fatalities of Americans who entered the war were due to influenza and not the result of wounds suffered in battle. On average, due to flu, the life expectancy of all Americans was reduced by ten years because of flu.
EmilioDumphque - February 17, 2014, 4:47 pm,
It took my maternal grandfather, leaving my grandmother with five kids and no income. She was institutionalized and they were taken to the orphanage.