hurricane katrina

Creator: mizzdizz

mizzdizz - August 29, 2015, 3:10 pm,
This small selection of towns was my neighborhood. As you can see, there wasn't a lot of access nor was there a lot to ph**ograph for the news crews. Katrina cut a huge swath of total destruction across the southeastern part of our country .....
mizzdizz - August 29, 2015, 3:14 pm,
....and deep up into the area above us. New Orleans had all the drama, there was stuff still standing, and you could get to it and to the people involved. Yes, most of Katrina's story will remain untold and not covered by the media and history....
mizzdizz - August 29, 2015, 3:26 pm,
...because the lack of access for several days or even weeks. What few ph**os exist, are extremely dramatic. Most of these areas have rebuilt. We have all had to start over from absolute scratch and build new lives, whether we moved or stayed. ....
mizzdizz - August 29, 2015, 3:31 pm,
Always remember, stuff is just stuff. We are fellow travelers on this planet. By helping each other out instead of feeling sorry for ourselves and getting busy, instead of sitting on our collective b***s waiting to be rescued, we will survive and thrive.
GaryO - August 30, 2015, 6:29 am,
That was a doozy fer sure. Sat thru one in the early sixties and did some roofing after Camille in the late sixties. Indescribable power. Nowhere to go, really. Thanks for the reminder, Dizz.
mizzdizz - August 30, 2015, 7:53 pm,
Camille, 1969. I'm not native to The South, but I heard all about that one. Not as bad a Katrina/Rita, but still a truly impressive disaster. The lessons learned should never be forgotten. You CAN survive and thrive. Don't give up. Adapt to your new norm.
John25mm - September 8, 2015, 11:33 am,
I had Hugo go over my house and that was just sooo much fun. I commend all those in the area down there that didn't whine and went about repairing their lives as best they could. It isn't easy by any stretch. Nothing quite like having water in your house.
mizzdizz - September 10, 2015, 3:40 pm,
Sorry to hear about Hugo J25. Hope things are going well for you now! I remember hearing about Hugo.
ScorpioSeven - March 19, 2016, 7:02 pm,
You are a Southern Belle? Well, Hush My Puppies! How nice! My late Momma was a Tar Heel.
mizzdizz - March 19, 2016, 7:06 pm,
I was there for 5 years---southeast LA. Tarheel? That's Arkansas isn't? Bit different.
ScorpioSeven - March 19, 2016, 7:31 pm,
Tar Heel = North Carolina
mizzdizz - March 19, 2016, 7:37 pm,
That's even farther. I'm not familiar with that part of the country.