Space & Time

Creator: EmilioDumphque

lgvernon - March 22, 2016, 5:48 pm,
Accordions are how we decorate the landfill. ^^^^^Up
concern3 - March 23, 2016, 1:50 am,
Nice, UP yours
Silverheart - March 23, 2016, 6:31 am,
Love this'n. And accordions are awesome, LG doesn't know what she's talking about!
EmilioDumphque - March 23, 2016, 1:23 pm,
One of my best friends plays a "stomach steinway". About a dozen other friends too.
lgvernon - March 23, 2016, 4:01 pm,
You know how to play an accordion? Throw it down the stairs.
Oldsod - March 24, 2016, 5:26 pm,
Glad to see you back, Em. Vernie, now I have to listen to "Momma's Got A Squeeze Box" at high volume. Thank you both.
lgvernon - March 25, 2016, 7:22 am,
"Playin' all night, and the music's all right..."
EmilioDumphque - March 25, 2016, 11:09 pm,
Don't any of you bitter monkeys play an instrument?
lgvernon - March 26, 2016, 8:22 am,
Keyboards, violin. Vocalist.
mizzdizz - March 26, 2016, 11:21 am,
E.D., you asked----flute/piccolo, violin/fiddle, soprano/alto/tenor/baritone sax, Bflat/bass clarinet, classical/electric/bass guitar, keyboards/synth/classical, vibes/marimba/glockenspiel, key-tar, english flute (recorder) soprano/alto/tenor, oboe, ---
mizzdizz - March 26, 2016, 11:28 am,
trumpet, trombone, penny whistle, native american flute, I'll be nice and say various percussion instruments, sing tenor, alto, soprano, contralto, dulcimer hammered/lap, autoharp, hambone, beatbox, spoons, jewsharp, and of course, kazoo! I know I've ---
mizzdizz - March 26, 2016, 11:37 am,
left out several. How did this happen? I was originally classically trained. I have a knack for learning new instruments very easily. I'm also proficient at all of them, not just a few scales or notes. I have several performances under my belt. ---
mizzdizz - March 26, 2016, 11:43 am,
Some solo work, but I prefer being a member of a group. Mostly, I play/sing for myself. Music is my obsession, my drug. I can't live without it. Yes, I write it too. Almost every style. There's always music in my head, even when I sleep. You asked! Idiot!
EmilioDumphque - March 26, 2016, 9:05 pm,
I play a few too: Fiddle, mandolin, tenor guitar, guitaron mostly. I once played trombone, but I couldn't claim that now. So, you write in "almost every style"? Huasteca? Bulareas? Hisapiko? Rebetiko? Fado? Kolos? Mazurkas?
EmilioDumphque - March 26, 2016, 9:06 pm,
The only song I've written was a hisapiko.
mizzdizz - March 27, 2016, 10:06 am,
Most of the types you listed are Greek, so no. My exposure to Greek music is limited. Being from California, some of my music is heavily influenced by the Latino culture that I'm surrounded with. You mention an obscure type of folk music from Mexico so---
mizzdizz - March 27, 2016, 10:24 am,
Lambada, tango, salsa, mariachi, marengue, banda, bolero, boogaloo, bossa nova, cha-cha, conga, contradanza, danza, mambo, brasileria, pachanga, rumba, samba, tejano, lundo, and of course, being originally classically trained on guitar, flaminco, etc.
EmilioDumphque - March 29, 2016, 2:19 am,
Only two are Greek. Plus one each of Spanish, Mexican, Serbian, Portuguese. Others, of course. Even Californio! (Thanks to the Charles Lummis recordings)