Creator: ronsart

Charlie M - September 19, 2008, 8:54 pm,
I do not like Mr.McCain or Mr. Obama, however, in light of the current state of the financial system raising taxes on anything is reckless, and doing it on payroll and capital gains doubly so. Mr. Obama wants both.
RnR - September 20, 2008, 4:59 am,
just undo the present that GWB gave his cronies, and RAISE the taxes on the top 10 highest incomes
Capitalist - September 21, 2008, 1:06 am,
Redistributing wealth is a communist tenant, morons!
RnR - September 21, 2008, 4:37 am,
however, if that redistribution creates a social safety net that ensures that the poor jobless guy down the street does not have to break into your house to steal bread, then that is fine by me. If that means that i have to contribute $ 100 a year to that
RnR - September 21, 2008, 4:38 am,
... system, that is fine by me, as that way i dont have to spend MUCH MORE in electrified fences and having a gun in each room. Hence, i gain.
Charlie M - September 21, 2008, 5:13 am,
I am sorry, you may claim I am heartless but I do not believe in the welfare state in any way and it has horribly corrupted America, imho. The people in this country used to be driven by freedom and self reliance. Now social programs are promised for vot
Charlie M - September 21, 2008, 5:14 am,
-es, as started with the New Deal and has gotten worse since. I will not bother typing the whole "Why Democracies Fail" quote but its logic is quite clear. Also people always will want for free that which another has worked to achieve. And NEVER NEVER NEV
Charlie M - September 21, 2008, 5:14 am,
-ER has a tax increase helped an economy, possibly barring tariffs, and then only in principle. Secondly, who is ultimately responsible for your protection? You are, so what is wrong with using any force NECESSARY to defend your life and liberty I ask.
Charlie M - September 21, 2008, 5:15 am,
-Nothing so use a gun if the situation affords itself, and it is only your fault if you haven't prepared yourself.
RnR - September 21, 2008, 5:39 am,
There you are, a good decent payed job, nice car, trophy wife, golf club membership, house with swimming pool, a bit over a year morgage payments to do. However, as with all goodpaying jobs, you spend too much time in it, and there is some stress. Your
RnR - September 21, 2008, 5:40 am,
Your wife nags you that you are never home. After a particulary bad morning at work, you decide to call it a day, go home early to find your wife shaggin the pool boy. Mildy upset you drive off, go to your locals and slam back a few bourbons. On your w
RnR - September 21, 2008, 5:41 am,
On your way back home, distracted you run a red light, and slam your suv into another car, thereby killing the pregnant wife and the 2 year old of a guy with a rolling name like William Samuel Abernathy III. In the aftermath of your arrest, you insurance
RnR - September 21, 2008, 5:41 am,
your insurance uses some fine print to NOT get involved re: DOI. In court, the lawyers of Bill Abernathy (the third!) run rings around yours, and thus take you for about everything you've got. The local media is also having a bit of a field day. Your boss
RnR - September 21, 2008, 5:42 am,
and your old friends would rather not be a**ociated with a drunk child murderer, so you are out of job and out of the golf club. Your throphy wife does not like giving up her foreign sports car, her days out with the girls, and being unable to shag the p
RnR - September 21, 2008, 5:43 am,
pool guy -since you no longer have a home with a pool. Her divorce lawyers take you for everything that you have left (not a lot). Your mum & dad are willing to help you, but after all they have retired to Florida, dont have millions stashed away and
RnR - September 21, 2008, 5:44 am,
and besides you weren't their favourite anyways. Suddenly you find yourself renting a lived-in trailer on some badlands. Fate has dealt you the opposite of the american dream. Need i go on? Now, what do you do?
Lee harvey Oswald - September 21, 2008, 10:16 am,
I know what I did!
Sean - September 21, 2008, 1:58 pm,
Uhmmm, go on Motifake and write out my life story alleging that it is a "hypothetical" scenario? Well ... that's what I'd do.
RnR - September 21, 2008, 2:03 pm,
No, Suicide stupid, Its the only way! Didn't I make it obvious through my totally hypothetical no realism intended story. With no links to my life whatsoever...Nope, not so ever!
Sean/Stoopid - September 21, 2008, 2:07 pm,
Oh sorry. I kinada thought you were hinting that you're supposed to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start a successful company (possibly selling self-motivational books 'n stuff) and then sell that company for ten million dollars. I mean it is Amer
Sean - September 21, 2008, 2:08 pm,
RnR - September 21, 2008, 5:01 pm,
weird, i must be sleepwalking and writing stuff...
Charlie M - September 21, 2008, 6:30 pm,
RnR - I am sorry for your misfortune. Actually I just say that in truth I feel nothing for others. You would be surprised by my story, in brief I did lose everything I had once. But self pity did not lead me to the degradation of public a**istance. The fa
Charlie M - September 21, 2008, 6:30 pm,
-ct that I would not take it meant the only way out was through a hard life and hard work. I'd rather everyone else figure it our or die too.
Sean - September 21, 2008, 7:56 pm,
Yeah, but one of RnR's points is that the deservedly downtrodden are not going to go quietly into that good night. What interests me as a libertarian (of the utilitarian variety) is what cagnitive psychologists, economists and socialogists are finding ou
Sean - September 21, 2008, 7:57 pm,
-t about people's ability to a**ess risk accurately and adequately plan for the future. I have my doubts about what would result if there was no safety net. My thinking is that people would tend to f*** up pretty much as they do now anyway.
RnR - September 22, 2008, 5:09 am,
well, it aint my life story, but merely theorizing and pointing out -hollywood style- how easy it is to loose everything you are so sure off. And the questions it raises, one of them picked up very well be Sean.
RnR - September 22, 2008, 5:10 am,
*BY Sean (not BE Sean,... who wants to be Sean, except Sean himself, anyways? :) :)
Sean - September 22, 2008, 12:37 pm,
... sheesh.
Silvermist - March 23, 2009, 12:28 am,
Sean, I can see where you are coming from but I also never had a good life to begin with. Not everyone has anything to lose in the first place. I'm 18, I have no job, no ones hiring, and I need to survive some how. So I do like the "safety net" because
Silvermist - March 23, 2009, 12:28 am,
without it, I would starve.
LogicDude - March 23, 2009, 11:24 am,
There are LOTS of jobs available, lazy people won't take them if they don't HAVE to though. My daughter counsels people in a program that provides housing, financial counseling and jobs...99% of these freeloaders turn down everything but the $$$!
LogicDude - March 23, 2009, 11:25 am,
Fast food work is "beneath" them...the military is "too violent" work is "boring"...whatever! I believe in giving people a leg up, but the first helping hand they look to should be at the end of their own arms! And NOT in my wallet.
Jmac0585 - April 17, 2009, 1:47 pm,
Logicdude is 100% correct.
Tyler - October 28, 2009, 4:18 pm,
You are 18. Go work it somewhere. Many of girls have to join the ballet to make ends meet.