"The first thing I'd sign the Freedom of Choice Act. On this fundamental issue, I will not yield".

Creator: Toussaint

Marduke - January 22, 2009, 3:14 pm,
Too bad your mother didn't consider the whole abortion choice. Hell I would have even paid for it.
Mark - January 22, 2009, 3:42 pm,
Marduke - It seems that you have a lot of pent up frustration boiling to the surface. Why so angry? Your candidate is in office. Take a chill pill. If that doesn't work, consider a retro-active abortion and then call me in the morning.
Porcelina - January 22, 2009, 5:27 pm,
rerun - January 22, 2009, 7:38 pm,
It should be a womans choice to make freely
WTFO - January 22, 2009, 11:02 pm,
So the father shouldn't have any say in the killing of his unborn child? What about a parent's right to know when their teen daughter is considering it? The FCA prevents that. Abortion for ra**/inc***/safety are fine, but not for birth control.
Elder God Douchebag - January 22, 2009, 11:48 pm,
Well, y'know, a lot of the times the 'father' is either in high school, or a deadbeat who wouldn't take care of the kid anyway, so..Why SHOULD they have a say in it, eh?
WTFO - January 22, 2009, 11:56 pm,
So, policy should punish men of honor and principles because of deadbeat a**holes who don't take responsibility? Doesn't seem right to me, EGD. If offered the losers will disappear anyway, why not give Dad a chance to raise the child?
WTFO - January 22, 2009, 11:57 pm,
You also neglected the parents rights to know what is going on with their teen daughters.
Elder God Douchebag - January 23, 2009, 12:02 am,
If the parents know, I still see it as the daughter's choice what to do. I've said it before, and I will say it again, a woman's body is her own d*** business. If the family wants to suggest not getting an abortion, fine, but they can't actually force it.
WTFO - January 23, 2009, 12:36 am,
Do you have a daughter, EGD?
Motifake Wit Liberation Front - January 23, 2009, 1:12 am,
I do, and I would hope that Big Brother and his cadre of big government nazis disguised as moralistic do-gooders will keep their filthy hands off of my daughter's body. I will raise her to know and understand that she is her own property, and no one --
Motifake Wit Liberation Front - January 23, 2009, 1:15 am,
-- has a right to force her to do things with her body, not her government, not her boyfriend, not anyone including me. I want her to be an empowered and responsible individual. Although you can also bet I will teach her that abortion is NOT a form--
Motifake Wit Liberation Front - January 23, 2009, 1:16 am,
-- of birth control. And if anyone ever forces themselves on my daughter, HE will have an abortion, of his liver and maybe some other choice parts, and I'll use a f***ing coat hanger to do it, too. GRRRRR!
WTFO - January 23, 2009, 1:29 am,
Amen, MWLF. Once in a while we find ourselves on the same side of the track. I agree that abortion is not birth control and my kids will be taught that. The FCA Obama is pushing disregards the rights of parents' involvement in their daughter's decision...
WTFO - January 23, 2009, 1:31 am,
...That concerns me because of the emotional and psychological strain an abortion can place on a girl for the rest of her life. Parents should be the best counsel for their kids and the law shouldn't hinder or disregard that.
Culos - January 24, 2009, 8:29 am,
Don't think this has happened before but I agree with both MWLF and WTFO. It's our job to raise them right and our right and our duty to protect them.....
LogicDude - January 24, 2009, 9:50 am,
The big problem with abortion - and not from my Christian viewpoint - is that girls who choose to have them are so seldomly informed of the long-term medical and mental consequences of one. I know. My own daughter is a single parent who chose life.
LogicDude - January 24, 2009, 9:52 am,
She saw a lot of her freinds choose abortion as birth control - 1 girl had 5 in about 4 years time... When she considered possibilities including becoming unable to have a child or having to live with her choice of having killed her child, she made the
LogicDude - January 24, 2009, 9:54 am,
* right, HARD choice and now has a beautiful son. The father is a Smacktard and not involved, but she has our support. There was also the choice to place the child with another family for adoption. Babies are almost always adopted quickly.
LogicDude - January 24, 2009, 12:57 pm,
Not an easy choice to make either. I just think that being fully informed is important, and most every young girl - and some grown women - aren't educated enough on the choice they are making (on EITHER count) before they make it.
WTFO - January 24, 2009, 5:30 pm,
Well put LD. Abortion should never be used as mere birth control. In addition, it should not come at the cost of the taxpayer.
Motifake Wit Liberation Front - January 25, 2009, 12:45 am,
Yeah, I don't want to pay for anyone else's abortion, whereas I do want to pay for schools and fire departments ( see, even cheapo libertarians like myself can see the value in that for society, ie educated and not on fire). I support freedom of choice--
Motifake Wit Liberation Front - January 25, 2009, 12:47 am,
-- on teh philosophical principle that no one should be able to dictate what another human being does with their own person, be it their mind or their body. Once you allow that conceit, and start handing out made-up 'rights' to parents or fathers --
Motifake Wit Liberation Front - January 25, 2009, 12:50 am,
-- you have legislated the uterus and life of a woman, removed her rights, and you have entered the dark realm of one person having dominion over another. It is from this conceit that oppression springs, be it fascism, monarchy, feudalism, or just--
WTFO - January 25, 2009, 12:51 am,
The fundamental question in this topic is, when does the decision to abort begin to affect another person, namely the fetus? If you've researched the late-term abortion proceedure, you'd see that it is more murder than medical practice.
Motifake Wit Liberation Front - January 25, 2009, 12:53 am,
-- plain bullying or terrorism. If you believe that human beings have inalienable rights, then you must draw a line around those rights, and, for me, that line says keeping laws off of and out of the uterus or the body. My two cents/my outlook.
WTFO - January 25, 2009, 12:57 am,
Nice soapbox speech, MWLF. I don't fully agree with your point or the rational but I respect your view.
matthew - January 25, 2009, 1:11 am,
the point of motifakes is amusement. i fail to find any sort of amusement here.
Motifake Wit Liberation Front - January 25, 2009, 1:27 am,
WTFO, I view late term abortion as heinous and stupid, to boot (if you carry it that far, finish the job and let the kid get adopted). Thanks for listening, though, to my rant. and Matthew, you will find a host of things at motifake, amusement ---
Motifake Wit Liberation Front - January 25, 2009, 1:28 am,
--- being just the beginning. You can't let loose so many of us intellectuals across the spectrum of humanity on the varied topics found in these posters and just get jokes. my two cents.
WTFO - January 26, 2009, 12:22 am,
Well said, MWLF. For Matt, this poster falls into the demotivational category for several folks.
Someone - April 4, 2009, 4:55 pm,