They're for abortion because they don't want any competition while they whine, cry and pitch fits.

Creator: WTFO

Hector - February 14, 2009, 10:41 am,
It looks like Karl Rove.
Smokey - March 3, 2009, 1:09 pm,
Nah Rush Limbaugh.
WTFO - April 5, 2009, 7:42 pm,
Looks like Barney Frank to me.
HtD - April 5, 2009, 8:10 pm,
I'm pro choice because I hate babies.
Porcelina - April 5, 2009, 8:37 pm,
I'm getting so sick of these cliche stereotypes. You might as well be making racist remarks. Very immature.
HtD - April 5, 2009, 8:42 pm,
I think the baby is sad because it doesn't have any n******.
Sean - April 5, 2009, 9:23 pm,
Those who b**** the most about having to feed, educate, and then, eventually, incarcerate other people's kids, also tend to be "pro-life". Go figure. Serioulsy go! And while yer gone, do some figurin'. We'll wait.
Mark - April 5, 2009, 11:20 pm,
OK...I'm back. What was I figurin' about? Oh yeah...the pro-life issue. That's where I tend to stray from the Republican platform. I am against partial birth abortion. I'm still torn on the issue of abortion in general. Sean? Are you still waiting?
HtD - April 5, 2009, 11:24 pm,
Mark, does that also make you a Pro stem cell research guy?
Mark - April 5, 2009, 11:27 pm,
Yes...I'm afraid so.
Mark - April 5, 2009, 11:29 pm,
This is one of those red letter days. Porcelina has become a little more conservative and I've become a little more liberal. Yet another sign of the apocalypse.
HtD - April 5, 2009, 11:40 pm,
That's good, though. It shows you aren't some kind of crazy Rush Limbaugh clone.
BoneCD - April 5, 2009, 11:41 pm,
Don't feel bad Mark. Most true Republicans do (I'm one). At that point in ones life their own religious conviction should kick in and guide them...not a government entity
Mark - April 5, 2009, 11:42 pm,
Hey! A little respect please. We in the party refer to him as Saint Rush. In Chicago we've even named an hospital after him.
HtD - April 5, 2009, 11:44 pm,
Oops! I meant Bill O'Reilly.
Mark - April 5, 2009, 11:46 pm,
I think most republicans tend to think for themselves. I had always considered myself independent and voted for the best candidate. When I finally realized that 99 percent of my votes were for Republicans, I decided that I was one too.
WTFO - April 5, 2009, 11:51 pm,
Reseach has shown that stem cells from the spinal cord have been as effective if not better than embryo stem cells. . I am not in support of embryo stem cells when adult stem cells appear to
WTFO - April 5, 2009, 11:52 pm,
be gaining significant ground with less side that result from embryonic stem cells.
WTFO - April 5, 2009, 11:53 pm,
I am not totally against abortion (ra**, inc***, and life endangerment are just reasons for the procedure). But it shouldn't be in place of birth control.
HtD - April 5, 2009, 11:54 pm,
Not just republicans. The majority of people are moderates. Obviously people lean towards a right/left, but that's a good thing. People that consider themselves to only lean in the same direction on all issues are dangerous/stupid.
WTFO - April 5, 2009, 11:55 pm,
there should be the phrase "side effects" in that middle post. Sorry.
WTFO - April 5, 2009, 11:56 pm,
I agree with you HtD. Most Americans are in the middle, myself included. Unfortunately, we only hear from the far ends of left and right in our news.
agdaniele - April 5, 2009, 11:57 pm,
Certainly not in place of birth control... but that does lead to a more radical, slippery slope of what to do with 'repeat offender' pregnancy.
Mark - April 5, 2009, 11:58 pm,
I thought that most stem cell research and harvesting was done in the lab in petri dishes and that the cells used were going to be destroyed anyway.
agdaniele - April 5, 2009, 11:59 pm,
Heh heh... don't ask, don't tell, Mark.
Mark - April 6, 2009, 12:01 am,
Just for the sake of discussion...Maybe a woman who gets more than two abortions should have her tubes tied automatically. Really....I'm not trolling for a fight. I just would like to hear some opinions.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 12:03 am,
Trust me, Mark... my opinion of tying tubes is beyond a two-abortion rule. It should include anyone on any sort of govrnment-assisted income, as well as convicted drug users.
HtD - April 6, 2009, 12:03 am,
My biology professor gets mad when people refer to stem cells as embryonic. I wasn't paying full attention because it was one of his soapbox rants, but I'm pretty sure those cells are harvested in the morula-blastula stage. Hardly resembling what you
HtD - April 6, 2009, 12:04 am,
would picture as an embryo.
HtD - April 6, 2009, 12:04 am,
Framing it as baby killing, and what not.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 12:05 am,
I have many liberal views, but for me, it's more about solutions. And when too many abuse the system, I'm as hard-core conservative as they come.
Mark - April 6, 2009, 12:07 am,
Wow Agdaniele! And people call me a fascist. HtD - You darn smarty college kids. You're talking way beyond my scientific understanding.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 12:11 am,
I'm not for government control, but when the drug addicts, unemploye and welfare recipients abuse the system, something has to be done. It's taxpayer money that's covering their 'mistakes.'
Mark - April 6, 2009, 12:12 am,
I feel another chorus of Kumbaya coming on. Can we form a circle and all hold hands now?
WTFO - April 6, 2009, 12:15 am,
d*** skippy, agdaniele. I'm with you, bud.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 12:16 am,
When you're taking heat for being too far right, I'll often draw fire away from you. But, I don't take sides.... I'm always open to both views. Not a fan of anyone with blinders on... you have to see all perspectives without prejudice.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 12:17 am,
Wow, thanks WTFO!!! I think this is a first! Checking the weather channel, I see that hell is a brisk 33 degrees (without windchill)
WTFO - April 6, 2009, 12:20 am,
I agree to not be blind to both sides. I like to think that the intentions of both parties are good at the core of their causes. However, too many (right and left) are on the take from lobbyists and special interests which is what has caused this economy
WTFO - April 6, 2009, 12:21 am,
to flag. The major problem I see is that the media is actively protecting criminals on one side of the aisle while attacking the other side. It requires much more research to find truth.
WTFO - April 6, 2009, 12:23 am,
Either way, I've got my snow boots on and some gloves. Whoever hits Satan in the a** with a snowball first gets the other to buy beer.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 12:25 am,
Yin and yang... both serve a purpose. As far as the snowball, I'll buy the beer, and we'll take down satan once good and buzzed.
Mark - April 6, 2009, 12:29 am,
Looking at this crying baby has made me sleepy and since there doesn't seem to be a flame war brewing, I'm going to bed. Thanks for the stimulating conversation all. Good Night.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 12:29 am,
I'd like to take a moment to express gratitude in the fact that religion hasn't been brought into this discussion.
HtD - April 6, 2009, 12:36 am,
I find it odd that crying babies make you tired. They make me angry. And I fully agree Agdaniele. That's partly why this nice discussion hasn't been reduced to a flame war.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 12:40 am,
My advice to all is just ride the wave. Democrat, Republican, Liberal, Conservative.... they all need each other in order to make things work. Democrats create deficiencies that Republicans fix, and vice-versa.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 12:42 am,
The only reason I can never side the conservative republicans is solely based on the amount of influence that religion has on their policies. Family values, absolutely... but to push for laws based on their agenda? Unacceptable.
BoneCD - April 6, 2009, 12:53 am,
When I was young I was labeled as a Republican. Then the religious right stole my party and now I am labeled as a Moderate Republican with Fiscally Conservative views. But, if my Father was still around...
BoneCD - April 6, 2009, 12:56 am,
He would call me a Libertarian. Which in the long run is probably true by todays standard ( less government, more fiscal responsibility, etc etc)
Porcelina - April 6, 2009, 8:26 am,
f***it. TL;DR. Summary, please?
Mark - April 6, 2009, 9:42 am,
Porcelina - In a nut shell, we were having a discussion regarding abortion and everyone seems to be coming a little closer to the middle of the road on the issue with the exception of agdaniele who is just about a half a click off of forced sterilization
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 9:44 am,
That's not completely accurate. It's conditional. I'm very pro-choice as far as abortion goes, but you have to draw the line somewhere.
Mark - April 6, 2009, 9:46 am,
...of women who abuse abortions. WTFO and I are OK with abortions for medical reasons other than birth control and in case of ra**. HtD just seems to hate babies. The conversation then morphed to stem cell research with WTFO being pro adult stem cell...
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 9:47 am,
And a half-click is too far. Now that you've announced it to Porc, I'm pretty sure I'm standing right on that 'bouncing betty'
Haarakkon - April 6, 2009, 9:48 am,
I used to be, but Ms. Octuplets in CA has made me rethink the position.
Mark - April 6, 2009, 9:49 am,
...research and anti-embryonic stem cell research. The is also the under tone of coming to the middle politically by thinking for ones self and not strictly following a political platform. Ooops I see that I've incorrectly stated agdaniele's position.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 9:52 am,
Not at all, Mark. I'm just channeling the morning coffee, and realizing (after the point) that you'd explained everything perfectly. Great capsulization... TV Guide style!
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 9:53 am,
Confused? You won't be after this eposide of..... Soap.
Mark - April 6, 2009, 9:53 am,
Thank You sir...I tried to be accurate. Did anyone else read that article that WTFO cited last night?
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 9:55 am,
I did not. It makes me nervous when I agree with WTFO's POV too much.
Mark - April 6, 2009, 9:55 am,
Example 2 was a little freaky "...fetal tissue was used to try to treat a human Parkinson’s patient, the tissue killed the patient by forming clumps of bone, skin and hair in the middle of his brain."
Mark - April 6, 2009, 9:56 am,
If you read the article you might agree with him about how adult stem cell research shows more promise.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 9:57 am,
Ok, just read it. I'm all for stem cell research. It needs to be monitored, but it's a huge step for medical science.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 9:59 am,
Most right-wing republicans are anti stem-cell, because the 'embryo' = abortion issue was inaccurate and exaggerated. I can argue politics at times, but never religion.
Mark - April 6, 2009, 10:03 am,
I agree that more research is required and I don't have a problem with petri dish growing and harvesting of embryonic stem cells. I get a little sad though when it comes to harvesting aborted fetus stem cells. That's also a slope with a lot of grease.
Haarakkon - April 6, 2009, 10:04 am,
Clumps of bone, skin and hair in the middle of the brain is "a little freaky"? Heh.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 10:06 am,
Again, I agree with the late-term abortion ban unless the mother's uterus is cut out as well. That was a practice of gaining stem-cell, yes... but in science's defense, they weren't promoting late-term abortion. Nowadays, there's no need for it.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 10:11 am,
On the other hand, the research must take it's course... and for now, it seems less promising than was touted. Then again, screwing with things on a cellular level can open up a whole new bag of mutation and birth defects.
Mark - April 6, 2009, 10:20 am,
I'm afraid that I'm for stem cell research for selfish reasons. I'm not getting any younger and when I die I think I might be dead for a long time. I therefore want to live and enjoy my retirement for a long time. I want to have great great grandchildren.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 10:22 am,
There's no flaw in that. I couldn't think of a better reason.
Mark - April 6, 2009, 10:24 am,
I'd like to report a theft. Someone stole agdaniele's avatar. Did you slip off the internet or something?
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 10:27 am,
I really can't figure it out... unless my IP address is dancing around drunk. It's annoying at best.
Mark - April 6, 2009, 10:29 am,
New IP address???? You mean you can vote again??? All 5's for Ron and 1's for Timmy and Tunnels?
Hector - April 6, 2009, 10:32 am,
When the American Taliban gets mad, we laugh. When they laugh, we wonder why.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 10:33 am,
The thought had crossed my mind to start pummeling tunnels. However, I like this site and despise the vote stacking. Then again, I'm italian.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 10:35 am,
Hector, I'm not sure I'm reading that properly... is that a pro stem-cell comment?
Mark - April 6, 2009, 10:36 am,
agdaniele - I was just kidding about the vote stacking but not about the tunnels. I'd rather see someone take the picture and make a new poster.
Mark - April 6, 2009, 10:37 am,
I think Hector slipped into the wrong poster.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 10:38 am,
Agreed. I'm an ex-tunneler myself... and although it's against my religion, I went back and voted on my own tunnels.... 1L each. How's THAT for commitment?
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 10:40 am,
Oh, and thanks Mark.... it's not enough that I am a closet grammar and spelling nazi, but also an anti-tunnel elitist. Now, I'm getting an itch over anonymous postings that is hard to ignore.
Mark - April 6, 2009, 10:41 am,
Wow...that is commitment. I have to go now. I have a workman coming over soon and need to prep the area for him. Catch ya all later.
agdaniele - April 6, 2009, 10:43 am,
LogicDude - April 6, 2009, 10:56 am,
*Steps in to explain Avatars* On Motifake your avatar will appear with your comments; however, if you're naughty and step into NSFW Motifake, your avatar will NOT appear with your comments, even those made on SFW posters. Thank you and good day!
WTFO - April 10, 2009, 12:52 am,
Wow, LD. I thought stepping into NSFW Motifake just made you blind. I didn't know it could make your avatar impotent too.
LogicDude - April 10, 2009, 9:03 am,
My avatar IS NOT IMPOTENT! This kind of happens to all avatars every once in a while...or at least that is what Mrs. LogicDude's avatar told me...
WTFO - April 11, 2009, 7:03 pm,
Dude, I think they have pills for that. Take a few of those and you'll be able to hammer nails with your avatar.
Hector - June 30, 2009, 11:54 am,
Looks like my Republican father-in-law after he lost the bet on the presidential election. I had to call the WAAAHMBULANCE.