Creator: Mark

Fatty - February 5, 2009, 6:03 pm,
Boo! Last thing we need is some douche starting another witch hunt.
Mark - February 5, 2009, 6:11 pm,
Read up on him a little bit instead of just believing everything the media has told you. McCarthy was right! It wasn't a "witch hunt." FBI ***es and files that were recently released, proved he was right. The media slandered and the senate censured him.
Fatty - February 5, 2009, 8:57 pm,
Perhaps I spoke out of turn, agreed our gov't is full of shady people. Maybe we need more people on the inside calling shenanigans. But to believe the "liberal media" is not in cahoots with those same shady people is dense. One hand washes the other.
Trapper - February 5, 2009, 8:59 pm,
An alcoholic power hungry lying piece of **** who used his power to accuse innocent people of all types of crimes. Maybe you should look up the definition of HERO.
Mark - February 5, 2009, 10:25 pm,
Trapper - You are living proof of my point. McCarthy was framed by the media. Agreed...he was an alcoholic but the people he accused were not innocent. They were commies but the liberal media came to their a**istance and screwed over McCarthy.
Elder God Douchebag - February 5, 2009, 11:04 pm,
Now, I'm only going by what I learned way back in high school history, but did he not claim to have a list of 'known Communists' that he refused to show to anyone? Seems..Kinda suspect.
Scorpio7 - February 6, 2009, 12:20 am,
This worthless lump of dog **** is buried at Saint Marys Cemetery in Appleton, Wisconsin, USA, and once a year, a buddy of mine who lives nearby, drives over there to pour 5 gallons of urine all over his grave. McCarthy's earned every drop of it.
Fatty - February 6, 2009, 9:37 am,
How long does it take to collect 5 gallons of urine?
Culos - February 6, 2009, 9:39 am,
That depends, I guess when you're a pis-ant like Timmy or if you're pissed everyday it should go fairly quick...
Fatty - February 6, 2009, 9:42 am,
EGD - It's my understanding some of the names he did release no longer, or never did work for the State Dept. He was never able to prove anything. Wiki: Tydings Committee. I did do a little reading there, Mark.
Elder God Douchebag - February 6, 2009, 9:50 am,
Alrighty, thanks for clearing that up. Suppose that's what I get for falling asleep whenever McCarthyism is treated like a viable belief.
Mark - February 6, 2009, 12:11 pm,
Fatty - Thanks for checking it out that far. Now take it a step further than Wikipedia. There is new evidence that McCarthy was right on about 95% of his accusations according to recently released FBI files. Being a communist or socialist is not...
Mark - February 6, 2009, 12:14 pm,
...illegal in this country so no further action was taken by the FBI. The liberal media slanted public opinion against McCarthy and that's what led to his censure by the senate. The people he was "outing" were indeed socialists and/or communists.
Sauce? - February 6, 2009, 1:20 pm,
I thought the majority of the communist and socialists whom were on the list signed up for one meeting in college and promptly quit. Sometimes when people see people's democracy they may think democrat back in the early days. So one mistake in college...
Sauce? - February 6, 2009, 1:21 pm,
haunts you for the rest of your life?
Mark - February 6, 2009, 2:21 pm,
Sauce? - That's what most peole think due to what the media and Hollywood Commie sympathizers want you to think. The Venona files were finally declassified by the FBI and proved that 95% of the people McCarthy accused were in fact engaged to some...
Mark - February 6, 2009, 2:23 pm, in soviet espionage against the USA. The hunt for communist in Hollywood began long before McCarthy got into the senate because so many people in Hollywood had influence over what the American public thought...much as it is today. McCarthy...
Mark - February 6, 2009, 2:26 pm,
...was the face of the hunt for communist. To my knowledge there was never anyone he accused who was later found not to have communist connections. Hollywood black listed these people because they wanted to make more money. Hollywood feared that the...
Mark - February 6, 2009, 2:28 pm,
...public wouldn't go to they're movies if they had commie screenwriters, producers, directors, etc. McCarthy, the congress, nor the government ever said Hollywood should do this. McCarthy merely identified people in government positions and...
Mark - February 6, 2009, 2:31 pm,
...influential positions in the media who had communist sympathies. The media now controls this country. They tell you what to think and how to act.
Sean. - February 6, 2009, 3:08 pm,
In spite of the fact that I have read and enjoyed most of what Ayn Rand has written, and that I learned economics from the works of Ludwig Von Mises, and FreidVon Hayek, I too have "communist connestions": I once read the Communist Manifesto. It was a --
Sean. - February 6, 2009, 3:09 pm,
Sean. - February 6, 2009, 3:09 pm,
* also known as "connections"
Sean. - February 6, 2009, 3:10 pm,
*Friedrich Von Hayek
Mark - February 6, 2009, 3:40 pm,
Sean. - Sorry pal...if you're trying to make a point, I'm not getting it I don't know much about Hayek other than he was an economist.
Fatty - February 6, 2009, 3:53 pm,
Well I hope you don't feel communism and the media are the worst things wrong with this world.
Mark - February 6, 2009, 4:20 pm,
Fatty - No of course not...just the worst things wrong with this country.
Sean. - February 6, 2009, 4:43 pm,
I agree Mark, I was a little vague. I just think the bar on "communist connections" was set a little low duirng that era. P.s. read more/some Hayek -- it'll put hair on yer chest. The Road to Serfdom suddenly seems topical, again. Bye.
Mark - February 6, 2009, 5:11 pm,
Sean. - Economics was never my strong suit so I'll leave it to you to tell me about Hayek. The little bit I did read revealed that both Ronald Regan and Margaret Thatcher seemed to support his ideas. The threshold for communist tolerence was pretty...
Mark - February 6, 2009, 5:13 pm,
...low back then. But that was set prior to McCarthy ever being elected to the senate. McCarthy didn't black list anyone. That was Hollywood policing itself. McCarthy was trying to "out" commies withing the government and according to what I've...
Mark - February 6, 2009, 5:17 pm,
...been reading, never accused anyone who was later found to not have communist ties. Most of the people he publicly accused were found to have engaged in espionage for the USSR. Because of ongoing FBI investigations and electronic spying that the US...
Mark - February 6, 2009, 5:19 pm,
...was engaged in, the FBI could not confirm what McCarthy was saying at the time. This guy truly got a bad rap from history.
Elder God Douchebag - February 6, 2009, 6:47 pm,
So..Why didn't he see fit to "out the Commies" -before- the Red Scare? That's really what I don't get, I guess.
LogicDude - February 6, 2009, 11:11 pm,
I actually like different kinds of cheeses: blue cheese, feta, gruyere...
WTFO - February 7, 2009, 12:22 pm,
Again and again on this site, (including this comment chain) is see people referencing the zeitgeist movie. Are all you conspiracy nuts completely clueless. Do a search with zeitgeist and facts. The movie is an anonymous attack that has no proof...
WTFO - February 7, 2009, 12:23 pm,
After some considerable research, I've concluded that if you believe any of that tripe, you must be a completely brainwashed moron.
Elder God Douchebag - February 7, 2009, 1:42 pm,
Hadn't even heard of it until now. All this time I thought Zeitgeist was just a Smashing Pumpkins CD.
WTFO - February 7, 2009, 9:40 pm,
That too. Never cared for Smashing Pumpkins myself. To much whining in the lyrics.
Elder God Douchebag - February 7, 2009, 10:43 pm,
Eh, they've got -some- good stuff. Some being..Two songs, maybe. I just get a kick out of Billy Corgan trying to be taken seriously.
Mark - February 8, 2009, 3:17 pm,
WTFO - Thanks a lot. I let that earlier comment about Zeitgeist slide right by. I didn't know what he was talking about and didn't care. But when you mentioned it I had to check it out. That's 2 hours of my life I can't get back. It was pretty scarey.
Mark - February 8, 2009, 3:20 pm,
I suppose I love this country enough that I could not and would not believe any of that crap. I'm sure supporters of those conspiracies will say that my brainwashing is complete. If so, I plead guilty as charged and proud of it.
WTFO - February 8, 2009, 5:43 pm,
The supporters of that theory are complete visceral idiots. Laying the blame of 9-11 and other wars on the feet of the Pres and Christianity instead of the psychos who actually committed the atrocities. "Blame America First" mentality helped Obama win.
Mark - February 8, 2009, 5:46 pm,
WTFO - I've never heard it called that, but you're absolutely right.
Fatty - February 8, 2009, 6:48 pm,
Well if you two are done stroking each other off... I brought up that movie just to point out that maybe your beloved country doesn't feed you all the facts. And before you attack me as un-patriotic, let me say I love my country and those who fight to ...
Fatty - February 8, 2009, 6:53 pm,
...defend it. But I find this as truth: The moment we stop questioning authority, we start giving our freedom away. I don't take all the "conspiracy" theories I hear as truth, but I listen to many other opinions to form my own.
Sean. - February 8, 2009, 8:07 pm,
That tears it. Everyone's *** dancing around the REAL issue here: With success, his ego got way too big, then he got all jealous 'n **** over John Lennon's superior musical creativity, so he broke up the Beatles and tried to blame it all on Yoko. That's
Sean. - February 8, 2009, 8:07 pm,
-- a fact, Jack!
Mark - February 8, 2009, 8:10 pm,
Sean - You had me going there. I had to re-read the comments twice before I got the joke. Well done...LOL.
Sean. - February 8, 2009, 8:46 pm,
Joke? You think it's funny that Yoko had to be the bad guy all these years?
Mark - February 8, 2009, 8:48 pm,
Sean. - I think Yoko was just misunderstood and off key.
Haarakkon - August 8, 2009, 11:24 pm,
Woot! Stalinist tactics, latent semi-suppressed homo***uality and alcoholism are always in vogue. The conservative left can keep him as a role model. And thank Ann Coulter for it. If a talking head says it, it must be true, huh? Yikes. Truly frightening.
Haarakkon - August 8, 2009, 11:27 pm,
Is it ironic that the right parrots what Rush and Ann tell them to, unthinkingly, while simultaneously accusing the left of drinking "Liberal Kool-Aid"?
Haarakkon - August 8, 2009, 11:29 pm,
Sen. Joe had some valid points initially. That's supported by the historical documentation. He went way too far with his accusations, much like Ann, who would have us believe he was correct. Ann's selling books, Joe was campaigning. Outrage sells.
LogicDude - August 8, 2009, 11:34 pm,
Haarakkon - August 8, 2009, 11:38 pm,
You're right, LD. Absolutely. I missed it before, though. Sorry.
LogicDude - August 8, 2009, 11:39 pm,
It's alright...just want to keep the politics down a bit...which will be hard since the August Motifake Challenge has OBAMA as the topic for this Tuesday...