Creator: Mark

Mark - February 13, 2009, 2:34 pm,
EGD and Fatty - Is this poster more in line with the form you wanted to see in the "Black and White and Red all over" poster?
Elder God Douchebag - February 13, 2009, 2:53 pm,
That's what he was talking about, yeah. And Al Gore needs to sit down and shut up.
LogicDude - February 13, 2009, 2:58 pm,
Global warming is really a by-product of the radiation that leaks from EGD's Flying Fortress....stupid Soviet nuclear reactors. I told you the price was too good to be true!
Mark - February 13, 2009, 3:44 pm,
EGD - I just love it when we find something we can agree on. I just submitted a new poster about the French Foreign Legion that's pending approval and paid special attention to following the proper form.
Sean. - February 13, 2009, 3:56 pm,
"We have many advantages in the fight against global warming, but time is not one of them. Instead of idly debating the precise extent of global warming, or the precise timeline of global warming, we need to deal with the central facts of rising ... "
Sean. - February 13, 2009, 3:57 pm,
temperatures, rising waters, and all the endless troubles that global warming will bring. We stand warned by serious and credible scientists across the world that time is short and the dangers are great. The most relevant question now is whether our ...
Sean. - February 13, 2009, 3:58 pm,
We own government is equal to the challenge." JOHN MCCAIN, speech, May 12, 2008
Mark - February 13, 2009, 4:03 pm,
Sean. - Thanks...I knew someone would take the bait eventually. The credible scientist that you or John McCain are speaking of have been proven to be interpreting science only to gain more funding. The carbon dioxide emitted by the industrial age is...
Sean. - February 13, 2009, 4:03 pm,
*scratch the "We"
Sea. - February 13, 2009, 4:05 pm,
George W. Bush also believes it is happening. He has said so too. Is he as gullible as all the rest?
Mark - February 13, 2009, 4:06 pm, small that it doesn't effect global warming at all. Other "credible" scientist (not looking for funding) have said that global warming is directly linked to sun spots - solar winds - clouds - and radiation. Al Gore is a fraud and so is his cause.
Mark - February 13, 2009, 4:07 pm,
They're all politicians and say whatever they need to say to get votes. They're all wh***s.
Sean. - February 13, 2009, 4:07 pm,
Those other "credible" scientists have their funding paid for by Mobil. No bias there.
Mark - February 13, 2009, 4:09 pm,
Nice try but no they're not funded by oil companies. It's independent research. You only get funded is you have a cause that everyone will rally to.
Sean. - February 13, 2009, 4:11 pm,
Big Oil has funded the deniers for years. How do they not have an interest is "business as usual"? And who are these unfunded scientists you're referring to?
Sean. - February 13, 2009, 4:14 pm,
Sure there's Svensmark and Calder, but I don't think their theory is fairing too well these days. Bye
Mark - February 13, 2009, 4:15 pm,
Sorry...I wasn't taking notes as to their names or credentials. The argument you're making about the oil companies was put to them and they laughed and denied it. Temperature charts correspond exactly with the sun spot theory whereas the charts do not..
Mark - February 13, 2009, 4:16 pm,
...correspond with the industrial age. We were in a state of global cooling through the 50s and 60s when the carbon emmisions were greater than they are now. The global warming data doesn't add up.
Elder God Douchebag - February 13, 2009, 4:25 pm,
Honestly, if we could go a whole day without all the "Obama is a Commie pinko" thing, I'm sure we could find a whole lot of things we agree on.
Sean. - February 13, 2009, 4:29 pm,
Mark you're so impressed with your scientific sources that you can't tell me their names? I mean I can do my own internet research, but certainty like yours generally comes with a name or two on the tip of one's tongue. P.s.: your president in a Pinko.
Sean. - February 13, 2009, 4:32 pm,
Dammit, I want to take back my last comment and replace it with: So the W. in George W. Bush stands for ... wh***?
Toussaint - February 13, 2009, 4:43 pm,
You're correct Mark, "ALL" politicians, are crooks and will lie to get elected and stay elected. We need a third party and more choices than two.
Sean. - February 13, 2009, 4:52 pm,
Hey Toussaint, come to Canada. We have a third party ... only, no one votes for them. Bye.
Mark - February 13, 2009, 6:08 pm,
Sorry I had to jump over to another site to get names for Sean. How many would you like? I stopped writing after 13 names. Prof. Richard Lindzen of the IPCC and Mass. Inst. of Technology seems to have pretty good credentials.
Mark - February 13, 2009, 6:11 pm,
This IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) seems to be hijacking a lot of names from the scientific community that say the exact opposite of what the IPCC says. The IPCC says that we're all doomed if we don't stop carbon dioxide from going...
Mark - February 13, 2009, 6:13 pm,
...into our atmosphere, while many scientist on their list say that that's Bull. Our recent temperature rise is linked to sun spots, solar flares, cosmic rays, and the water vapor that creates clouds.
WTFO - February 13, 2009, 6:15 pm,
The debate isn't about whether or not the globe is getting warmer (except this year is the coldest in the last 10yrs), but the real debate is the cause. Several scientists state the Sun's patterns are the main cause not humans. 300 yrs ago it was...
WTFO - February 13, 2009, 6:18 pm,
h**ter than it is today and there weren't very many SUVs on the roads then. Gore is a hypocritical alarmist with a mansion in TN that uses more energy than 20 normal houses. Find a movie (with a scientist instead of Al Gore) called "an inconveinant...
WTFO - February 13, 2009, 6:18 pm,
...truth or a conveinant fiction". Good stuff based on environmental science versus political gain.
Mark - February 13, 2009, 6:25 pm,
WTFO - Another good movie to watch is one by the BBC called The Global Warming Swindle. It agrees with the Solar activity theory and "No Crisis - No Money."
Sean. - February 13, 2009, 6:40 pm,
Gore ... ewe. Let's not get into that. I haven't seen his movie and don't want to. But the weight of authority is firmly on the side of even your leading Republicans on this issue. And I don' think Lindzen is any kind of a solar flare/cosmic radiation
Sean. - February 13, 2009, 6:41 pm,
dude. Bye.
Mark - February 13, 2009, 6:48 pm,
I mentioned Lindzen because I was impressed that he was from MIT but there are plenty more scientists saying that this whole global warming scare is just B.S. to get money. In the 1980s the US budget for studying climate change was $170 million.
Mark - February 13, 2009, 6:55 pm,
After someone started crying that all this man made carbon dioxide was heating up the earth, the budget for the study of climate change went up to $2 billion. Who throws money at a non-problem? You only get money if there is a problem.Thebiggerthebetter
Sean. - February 13, 2009, 7:10 pm,
The perception of a problem gets you money. And if the problem is that people are going to want to cut back on your product (oil, coal, whatever), you have an incentive to throw some of your money at your problem. Money does not negate truth.
Mark - February 13, 2009, 7:33 pm,
The point is that there are a bunch of Scientist that aren't getting money that say that the graphs do not bear out what those that are getting money say about global warming. They're lying to get the cash and save their jobs.
Sean - February 14, 2009, 4:53 pm,
Alternative poster idea: GLOBAL WARMING? Or Gored By Bull?
Mark - March 5, 2009, 1:17 pm,
Sean - I like it! (and have to admit that it's better than my poster.)
Sean - March 5, 2009, 4:26 pm,
Thanks Mark. As a practicing passive aggressive, my motto is: "If ya can't beat 'em, upstage the f*** outta them." Not that THAT'S what I did here, as you're being too kind. Take it easy man.
Mark - March 16, 2009, 1:05 pm,
Sean - I always welcome constructive critisism, better ideas, and witty remarks. It makes me try harded and hopefully do better.
Sean - March 16, 2009, 1:58 pm,
Oh, yeah? Well I generally despise those things -- and I usually respond by sulking and curling up into a fetal position. And as I like to say: Unsolicited advice is never forgiven, and always avenged. Bye ("Bye" being the OTHER thing I like to say).