I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students, the foreign students, the Chicanos, the Marxist professors, and structural feminists." --Barack Obama

Creator: WTFO

VinceVicious - April 26, 2009, 1:42 am,
I don't remember him saying that, did he really? lol.
WTFO - April 28, 2009, 1:43 am,
It's in one of his books. His choices during college that helped shape his political views are toublesome to say the least.
Cheech - May 31, 2009, 11:43 am,
If anybody other than the totally far left even got 1/10 of what he said in his book he wouldn't have made it out of Chicago. The sheeple of this country got duped and they will see the mess they made soon enough. 20 years to fix these 4.
WTFO - May 31, 2009, 4:54 pm,
Cheech, I don't think they'll ever see the truth because the media vested so much into his success that they can't lose credibility with the sheeple who don't research for themselves. They'll just continue to blame Pres Bush for everything. Baa, baa, baa.
agdaniele - May 31, 2009, 4:56 pm,
I'm breaking a rule, and engaging here. Regardless of who is president right now, I think a little dose of "socialism" is in order. Too many highly-important facets of our economy (auto, bank, wall street) have been running without....
agdaniele - May 31, 2009, 4:58 pm,
....regulation, and put this country... and the world... in a bad spot. They need to be reeled in for the moent, and held accountable. They didn't have the US ecomomy's best interest at heart, and now they must take the medicine. This isn't....
agdaniele - May 31, 2009, 4:59 pm,
.....a slippery slope. It may be a slight over-correction to a problem over 12 years in the making, but it's needed. We'll right ourselves. We always do. Deep down, even conservatives know that this can't turn into socialism.
WTFO - May 31, 2009, 11:32 pm,
agd (my VP), I disagree that we need a little socialism. While CEO's greed had a lot to do with the meltdown, years of govt involvement in the market also played a huge role. From the Congressional Black Caucus pushing banks to issue subprime loans to
WTFO - May 31, 2009, 11:34 pm,
people who can't pay their bills, to Dems staunch support of out-of-control unions (UAW, etc.) who crippled businesses with massive overhead costs. The govt changing its role from regulating for legal purposes to making policy decisions for companies is
WTFO - May 31, 2009, 11:36 pm,
the major cause of our economy's problems in my opinion. Now the govt owns banks, GM, insurance, and what next? They think they can run those companies better? Why? Is it because they do such a great job with the DMV, or Post Office? I truly hope you are
WTFO - May 31, 2009, 11:37 pm,
right about this being temporary and that this socialism won't stick but once the folks are hooked on entitlement, it's hard to get them to vote in a direction that will take welfare checks out of their pockets. I also don't think the govt will let go of
WTFO - May 31, 2009, 11:38 pm,
its stakes in the civilian companies they are now running. They will need the money they generate to pay for the national health care. We taxpayers aren't going to see any return for our dollars the govt spent. The returns will be spent along with
WTFO - May 31, 2009, 11:39 pm,
whatever taxes they can squeeze out of the few remaining Americans who will still have a job.
agdaniele - June 1, 2009, 12:19 am,
Well said. Good points. Now, when the UAW creates this situation by demanding astronomical hourly pay and ridiculous benefits, someone has to step in. By not bailing out GM, you will make unemployment rates skyrocket to a level that will
agdaniele - June 1, 2009, 12:20 am,
further collapse business/consumer confidence... allowing the economy to slide further down in unemployment and frugal spending. That would certainly happen, and the only recourse would be higher taxes. You see the catch-22? So, you bail out GM, and
agdaniele - June 1, 2009, 12:22 am,
treat them like children... give them money, but don't let them do what the banks did with TARP... and make sure the UAW doesn't milk GM dry again with strikes and higher wage/benefit demands. A stitch in time. I also hope it's just temporary.
WTFO - June 1, 2009, 12:38 am,
Good debate points, bud. However, the airlines have filed chapter 11 multiple times and still operate. If GM filed there would be jobs lost but they would be able to renegotiate thw UAW and start with a clean slate. In this case, we've given money to GM
WTFO - June 1, 2009, 12:40 am,
and Chrysler to prevent bankruptcy and they still went under. In the Chrysler deal the UAW got a better return from the deal than the Secured Bond holders (who are protected under law, unless the White House gets involved apparently). The UAW also gets to
WTFO - June 1, 2009, 12:41 am,
select the majority of the Board members in the restructured Chrysler. I have no doubts the same crooked deals will happen for GM this week. Jobs are going to be lost so it is a catch-22, but the govt is throwing money down the toilet and tearing off the
agdaniele - June 1, 2009, 12:43 am,
Agreed about the airlines, but that is a tough industry... and they don't abuse bailout money. The UAW, if given the chance, would suck GM dry... simply based on existing union contracts based on GM's money cache (regardless of where it came from)
WTFO - June 1, 2009, 12:43 am,
band-aid slowly instead of ripping it off and getting it over with. I have no confidence that the govt will learn from TARP and make sure our money is used effectively. Look at earmarks, they don't care how our taxes are spent.
WTFO - June 1, 2009, 12:45 am,
True, the UAW have already sucked them dry with the help of the Congressmen they buy with donations. The GM CEO was once asked what he does for a living. He said he provides health insurance and builds cars on the side. Sad state of affairs.
agdaniele - June 1, 2009, 12:50 am,
Wholly agreed. But, if they're going to act like children, treat them like children. On the plus side, the UAW is not allowed to strike for 7 years. It may smell of socialism, but in this case, why give GM money if UAW would just take it?
agdaniele - June 1, 2009, 12:51 am,
Much like my view of welfare recipients being allowed to continue reproducing at will. Gotta step in sometimes. Not always, but certainly when it's clear that irresponsibility reigns.
Sean - June 1, 2009, 12:59 am,
Forget "socialism" it's subsidization -- as when the welfare state pays breeders to crap out more kids. The planet is already over-run with homo consumerous. And is there anything more vain than trying to make semi-carbon copies of yourself?
Sean - June 1, 2009, 1:01 am,
Adopt, dammit! You can still dress the little freak like you.
agdaniele - June 1, 2009, 1:04 am,
I'll give your suggestion careful consideration. Thank you, Sean.
Sean - June 1, 2009, 1:06 am,
Adopt a homeless dog or cat instead. Kids are annoying.
WTFO - June 1, 2009, 1:07 am,
agd, I wasn't aware of the 7 year ban on striking, but if they get to appoint a majority of the Board members to GM like they did at Chrysler, they'll have no need to strike. I also agree that low-lifes having kids to increase their welfare checks should
agdaniele - June 1, 2009, 1:07 am,
Got a cat and a new kitten. Ats-a enough-a for me!
WTFO - June 1, 2009, 1:08 am,
be stopped. Sean is right, get a dog or a cat. Kids are much more expensive pets.
WTFO - June 1, 2009, 1:09 am,
I got two kids (1 boy & 1 girl, so we just replaced ourselves on the planet). We also have 1 cat and 1 ball of hair that's supposed to be my wife's puppy.
agdaniele - June 1, 2009, 1:10 am,
Chrysler was a screw-up. But, in that case as well, Iacocca told the govt he'd toss tens of thousands of workers into their unemployment numbers if they didn't bail him out. It's a political catch-22 for any administration.
agdaniele - June 1, 2009, 1:13 am,
Think about it.... if you're going to bail out a screw-up to keep jobless rates down during your administration, you'd want to have a hand in what happens to the money, too.
WTFO - June 1, 2009, 1:40 am,
True statements. Unfortunately it points to the real problem. The lack of accountability and the political desire to pospone failure into the next guys administration. Short term fixes versus real change.
Jmac0585 - June 1, 2009, 4:14 pm,
The biggest problem with unions (and not just UAW) is the ridiculous notion of paying someone to be retired. You stop working, you stop earning. It has been that way (or very close to it) for 1000's of years but we're so "civilized," now, that we obligate
Jmac0585 - June 1, 2009, 4:16 pm,
the young to pay for the old, and given that there are more people over 50 right now in America than there ever have been, I don't think you need to be a genius to see the serious problem. When a para**legic can earn I don't think many others can complain
LogicDude - June 2, 2009, 8:45 am,
I say we create a new world where everyone has to "renew" when they turn 30 through a wonderful ceremony where you get to fly...or be chased down by Sandmen if you try to run. Oh wait, that's "Logan's Run"...I always confuse fiction with reality.
Sean - September 16, 2009, 9:45 pm,
Yes you do LD. Logan's Run is real. Now show th nice sandman yer palm, K?
Sean - September 16, 2009, 9:48 pm,
And anyone who has ever been to university anywhere knows that what Obama was actually saying is that he didn't want to hang out with the University's janitorial staff (heck, they tend to be bitter Objectivists).
Bartimaeus - September 16, 2009, 9:59 pm,
Ha! Ayn Rand! How many minds has she warped? I wouldn't hire an Objectivist as a janitor, though; they adhere to no standards but there own, and God help you if you tell them they missed a spot. "Obviously, I left that there because it attributes to the
Bartimaeus - September 16, 2009, 10:03 pm,
room's aesthetic value." Lord knows, vomit can be beautiful when the light hits it right...but I digress. This is an interesting poster and an interesting quote; I'll give it a 4/5. If nothing else, its a good conversation piece.
Sean - September 16, 2009, 10:31 pm,
Ayn Rand's second least favourite philospher (she hated Kant more than socialism, don't you know?) is David Hume ... my favouritist philosphy. It's astounding the number of things Hume got right given when he lived.
Sean - September 16, 2009, 10:31 pm,
Hey yer right this poster is a great conversation piece.
Sean - September 16, 2009, 10:32 pm,
*philospher (how embarassing)
Bartimaeus - September 16, 2009, 10:40 pm,
Don't sweet it; it's not like I've never had a typo. (lol) I'd say my favorite philosopher is Henry David Thoreau. Subsistence, civil disobedience, pursuit of creative fulfillment...the man simply had it all. It was a shame he wasn't truly recognized in
Bartimaeus - September 16, 2009, 10:40 pm,
his own time.
Sean - September 16, 2009, 11:00 pm,
Can't really say I know the first thing about Thoreau. Just a gap in my education, I guess. Wouldn't be the first time I found one of those.
Sean - September 16, 2009, 11:01 pm,
Case in point: soylent green? Very high in cholesterol.
WTFO - September 17, 2009, 12:46 am,
Thanks gentlemen. I think it's an interesting quote that shows insight to the early development of his political education.
ILB - September 21, 2009, 10:19 pm,
I have searched hi and low for this quote and cant find it. Not saying i dont believe you, but you could post where and when he said this?
Bartimaeus - September 21, 2009, 10:21 pm,
Interesting proposition...By the way, I like your name--especially the extended alias, Ilike***bs
Arrogant Knight - September 21, 2009, 10:22 pm,
I always thought it was pretty funny that WTFO has been "debating" with someone called ILike***bs... No idea how he takes him seriously.
ILB - September 21, 2009, 10:24 pm,
what? I do like ***bs, dont you?
Bartimaeus - September 21, 2009, 10:26 pm,
What does WTFO stand for anyway? Perhaps its just as comical/ universally relevant. Plus, how does any guy on motifake take any other guy on this site seriously?
ILB - September 21, 2009, 10:27 pm,
I a**ume it stands for either Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot, Over. Or What The f***, over. Not sure.
Arrogant Knight - September 21, 2009, 10:28 pm,
Pretty sure WTFO stands for What The F*ck? Over.
Arrogant Knight - September 21, 2009, 10:28 pm,
Bartimaeus - September 21, 2009, 10:30 pm,
Perhaps I should dawn a name that stands for something, a set of initials. How about, that's kind of racist.
Arrogant Knight - September 21, 2009, 10:32 pm,
I like your name how it is.
ILB - September 21, 2009, 10:34 pm,
what about my name?
Bartimaeus - September 21, 2009, 10:34 pm,
Thank you. I like your name, too. It reminds me of T.H. White.
Bartimaeus - September 21, 2009, 10:35 pm,
We all love your name, because we all love ***bs. Its same reason cubbybear's posters are so successful here.
ILB - September 21, 2009, 10:36 pm,
Luvs me some cubbybear posters :)
Arrogant Knight - September 21, 2009, 10:37 pm,
Too bad he's gone.
ILB - September 21, 2009, 10:38 pm,
awww, what happened to Cubbybear?
Bartimaeus - September 21, 2009, 10:40 pm,
My God! Do we need to form a search party?
ILB - September 21, 2009, 10:41 pm,
Bart! you take that side of the internet and I will take this side, We've got to find him!!!!
Arrogant Knight - September 21, 2009, 10:42 pm,
He's been missing for like... 5 months. You guys didn't notice?
ILB - September 21, 2009, 10:43 pm,
unfortunately i only discovered this site about a month or so ago. :(
Bartimaeus - September 21, 2009, 10:43 pm,, I didn't notice. I blame the reefer, not that I use it, but I just blame it.
Bartimaeus - September 21, 2009, 10:44 pm,
I joined this site not too long ago. I'm not sure how long I've been here.
MrRandom - September 21, 2009, 10:45 pm,
As far as I know no one knows where he disappeared to.
Bartimaeus - September 21, 2009, 10:46 pm,
By the way, Random, I almost forgot to thank you for helping with that poster idea. I was on the Top Rated page for a day.
MrRandom - September 21, 2009, 10:48 pm,
No problem. Alot of good posters can come from a good comment.
WTFO2 - September 21, 2009, 10:52 pm,
Yes, ILB. I do like your name. Yes, all. It's What the f***? Over. I volunteer to search the adult side of the internet to find Cubby (that's probably where he is). ILB, the quote is from Dreams of my Father: - 6th
WTFO2 - September 21, 2009, 10:55 pm,
line down from the top. This site has multiple quotes. Some good, some not so good so I don't a**ess it as a blind hate Obama site. Those are useless to me. False arguments only weaken a position. Like how I don't buy birthers' arguments. Waste of time.
Bartimaeus - September 21, 2009, 10:55 pm,
So your name means "cursing at you through a walky-talky?" That's awesome! I'm all the more convinced I need a name change.
ILB - September 21, 2009, 10:55 pm,
Thank you :) I am not as much of a jerk as I have pretended to be, and pledge to be rational in my debates with you. I would rather have friends i disagree with than enemies. Agreed?
Bartimaeus - September 21, 2009, 10:56 pm,
Birthers! As I've said before, the tinfoil hats will save us. They won't kill their own kind.
WTFO2 - September 21, 2009, 11:10 pm,
I'm all for a truce ILB. Rational debate on politics is why I create the politifakes (over the objections of a few loud individuals). I'd be happy to add you to my list of kool-aid drinking friends, but be careful I might turn you into a dittohead. HA!
Arrogant Knight - September 21, 2009, 11:11 pm,
WTFO2 - September 21, 2009, 11:13 pm,
Bart, initially on this site, I was MadMSG (angry + my rank). Then I stopped being mad and ended up wanting to know WTF was going on. Since I wanted an answer to that, I added the military radio jargon of Over. That is the origin of WTFO.
WTFO2 - September 21, 2009, 11:15 pm,
OW, my ears. Oh...wait. Never mind that. AAAHHH!!! MY EYES!!! There that's better. Chill AK, that one wasn't at you. I think we understand one another now. So QUIT YELLING. BTW, Mr. M said in the forum that I wasn't banned any more but I can't log in. huh
Bartimaeus Over - September 21, 2009, 11:17 pm,
That's cool. I just picked out a random name from one of the books I had laying around the house. Can you guess which book?
Arrogant Knight - September 21, 2009, 11:17 pm,
I checked the banlist, you're still banned... For another 6 days I guess.
Bartimaeus - September 21, 2009, 11:19 pm,
Wait...we can get banned on this site? Wow, how far does someone have to cross the line for that to happen. I've seen some and said some messed up ****!
WTFO2 - September 21, 2009, 11:19 pm,
No worries. As you see, it didn't stop me. Just slowed me and took away my ICBM. Unfortunately, I can't play wordassociation now. BTW, can I still create posters under WTFO while banned?
Arrogant Knight - September 21, 2009, 11:21 pm,
You missed Jalford's hissy fit... Well it was more than that. He trolled HARDCORE. And just before he was banned he went psycho. He made a series of posters which had brutally murdered anime characters as the pictures, and captions said...
Arrogant Knight - September 21, 2009, 11:22 pm,
" - You're gonna die" ..and he posted them on the forum. He made I think 8 of them targeting different people... Including me.
Arrogant Knight - September 21, 2009, 11:23 pm,
Uhh.. "NAME - You're gonna die" Sorry.
Bartimaeus - September 21, 2009, 11:26 pm,
wow...INSANITY: Just drink the kool-aid already!...I think that's the poster I'd make if I suddenly went crazy; that'll be the sign.
ILB - September 21, 2009, 11:29 pm,
Thanks WTFO, I will try to not be a jerk and have rational debate. Im drinking any kool-aid though, red or blue, (it rots the teeth) :)
WTFO2 - September 21, 2009, 11:29 pm,
I must have missed that. Was I targeted as well (since I'm one of the more hated here)? Regardless, while that was interesting, AK-it wasn't helpful in answering my question. Can I make WTFO posters? I've got a good one in mind.
ILB - September 21, 2009, 11:29 pm,
whups, as in i am NOT drinking any kool-aid. darnit, i hate it when i dont proof read.
WTFO2 - September 21, 2009, 11:30 pm,
I normally drink Whiskey sours and on occasion Moose Milk. I don't care about my teeth. That's why God invented dentures.
ILB - September 21, 2009, 11:31 pm,
hahaha another thing we agree on, I too enjoy the Whiskey Sour. Never had Moose milk though.
Arrogant Knight - September 21, 2009, 11:33 pm,
You should be able to... Give it a sh**. Sorry I didn't answer you straight away.
Bartimaeus - September 21, 2009, 11:33 pm,
This is so nice. Former rivals now walking hand in hand, forging a new kinship. It gives me hope for humanity; it truly does.
WTFO2 - September 21, 2009, 11:42 pm,
Bart, this isn't the first time I've been able to find common ground with those I disagree with. BTW, ILB--let go of my hand, I'm spoken for.
ILB - September 21, 2009, 11:44 pm,
yea, thats a little creepy to be sure.
Bartimaeus - September 21, 2009, 11:49 pm,
conservative, liberal, atheist, scientologist...All these labels are nothing underneath this flag of ours. Let us all be called for what we are, first are foremost...Socialist--err--American, that's it...
WTFO - September 22, 2009, 12:04 am,
AK, I just created my poster and it seemed to work. BTW, Ron's was great as usual.
53CT10N 8 - October 3, 2009, 10:00 pm,
check it out it obama f***ing stalin f*** COMMUNISM