We Have the Fossils We Win

Creator: Bay of Fundie

LogicDude - February 17, 2009, 1:22 pm,
You have fossils of Gods creations. So what did you win?
Nero - February 17, 2009, 1:48 pm,
Irony: A guy named LogicDude who operates on faith rather than logic.
Sean - February 17, 2009, 2:23 pm,
Oh, c'mon. Everybody knows that Satan put them there so as to lead the weak of faith astray. P.s.: doritos ... LogicDude operates mostly on doritos.
LogicDude - February 17, 2009, 2:32 pm,
Nero had good response there...but he's absolutely correct. As for Sean, my favorite flavor is on poster 38373!
Cubbybear - February 18, 2009, 3:48 pm,
It looks like Battlestar Galactia
Toussaint - February 18, 2009, 5:39 pm,
It's the Tikaalik fish from the Devonian period, about 400 million yrs ago.
LogicDude - February 18, 2009, 7:02 pm,
Says who? Did someone write a National Geographic article on it 400 million years ago and that's how we know?
Claire - February 18, 2009, 7:59 pm,
Moar - February 24, 2009, 2:09 pm,
Claire has a point
ristar - February 24, 2009, 6:00 pm,
You have no more proof than we do. Just because you have fossils doesn't mean that intelligent design didn't take place. That's like saying a cap of water on a table must have been filled by rain.
Claire - February 24, 2009, 7:20 pm,
Or like a book written 2,000 years ago is completely accurate.
Nero - February 24, 2009, 7:31 pm,
Or that a jewish zombie was sent from the big invisible man in the sky to "save" us.
rerun - February 24, 2009, 7:55 pm,
jewish zombie? why does the zombie have to be drun into this debate? Also, he is no longer jewish, he has evolved into a higher being yet to be named. Check back in 4000 years
rerun - February 24, 2009, 7:55 pm,
drug...not drun.
Hector - February 25, 2009, 3:02 pm,
Here's to all the people who can't or won't think for themselves. They won't be "swayed by facts in the face of a higher truth".
Claire - February 25, 2009, 6:10 pm,
Depends, what would you think of someone who claimed God talked to them? Not to mention that the Bible was edited a long time ago, we don't know what was added and taken out.
dude - February 25, 2009, 6:33 pm,
Too bad that there are no trans species fossils. Also, too bad that carbon dating, used to date fossils, says that snickers bars are 100 years old. FAIL.
mr guy - February 26, 2009, 5:09 pm,
ummm... yea there IS trans-species fossils and most major religions are okay with people believing in evolultion
Claire - February 26, 2009, 6:31 pm,
Actually, I believ in both, I just like controversy :)
Claire - February 26, 2009, 6:31 pm,
None - February 26, 2009, 11:01 pm,
Porcelina - February 26, 2009, 11:02 pm,
...I miss that clobber b***on, now. This poster is so stupid
HAHA - April 7, 2009, 9:45 pm,
Hector - April 26, 2009, 12:48 pm,
"God put [dinosaur fossils] here to test our faith!"... I think God put you here to test my faith, dude. Does that bother anybody else, the idea that God might be f***ing with our heads? I have trouble sleeping with that knowledge." Bill Hicks
agdaniele - April 26, 2009, 12:51 pm,
God put fossils on earth to expose religious fanatics who can't think for themselves. And it worked like a charm.
LogicDude - April 26, 2009, 3:24 pm,
Since "carbon dating" has been disproven over and over, who really knows how long anything has been around? No scientist I know of has been able to produce SOLID, UNDISPUTABLE evidence that indicates dinosaurs were here "millions" of years ago...
Sean - April 26, 2009, 3:32 pm,
But if they weren't here millions of years ago, where were they? *snickers*
agdaniele - April 26, 2009, 3:45 pm,
Millions, billions... whatever... it also is clear that the fossilization and composition is older than the good book's 10,000 year estimation. And as soon as they find the lost part of the bible that mentions any dinosaurs, I'll pay closer attention.
agdaniele - April 26, 2009, 3:47 pm,
Almost 60 percent of my dates have been carbon-based.
LogicDude - April 26, 2009, 4:03 pm,
The Bible doesn't specifically mention many of the animals today - no mention of apes anywhere - so why would dinosaurs NOT being mentioned mean anything? LOL at your date comment though! I think some of mine were made from lead and marshmallow fluff.
moooooooooooooooooooo - April 26, 2009, 6:14 pm,
I can't seem to find any evidence that carbon dating has been disproved (disproven isn't a word) Only studies that show that some things (like mollusk shells) when dated can show anomalous results. I know that there is controversy but nothing concrete
moooooooooooooooo - April 26, 2009, 6:17 pm,
from either side. I don't want to insult anyone but but I think that using the bible to back your argument is kinda silly. It's just fiction. that should be obvious to any logical person.
Sean - April 26, 2009, 6:26 pm,
Hey, moooooooooooooooo, there was a time even, quite recenlty when I would have said what you said in more or less the same words, but now LD scares me. Sure he's smart and even tempered, but DON'T make him mad. There's this guy named Timmy ... well ...
Sean - April 26, 2009, 6:28 pm,
let's just say that it's painfull to watch him try to trade insults with LD. And while me and LD seem to be on different sides of the Grand Canyon on this issue, I have not doubt he could bean me with a lemon from there. Anyway, this is Motifake and ...
Sean - April 26, 2009, 6:29 pm,
RON's poster seems to explain and reconcile evolutionary theory and the creation narrative in the Bible.
moooooooooooooo - April 26, 2009, 6:37 pm,
My statement wasn't really directed at LD. I was just speaking my mind on the topic. like I said I did not intend to insult anyone.
Sean - April 26, 2009, 6:43 pm,
But here at Motifake, we are nothing if not sensitive (I couldn't even keep a straight face as I typed that). Take it easy, man.
moooooooooooooooooooooo - April 26, 2009, 7:05 pm,
Oh don't get me wrong Sean. I can be extremely insensitive at times. I just find that when the topic is religion it is best to state how I feel with careful wording. I find that Religious people can have very strong beliefs. And I think it is wrong to
mooooooooooooooo - April 26, 2009, 7:08 pm,
make petty comments or throw insults at peoples core beliefs just because I don't agree. I know how I would feel is someone made rude comments aboot my beloved Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Sean - April 26, 2009, 7:15 pm,
I have a Pirate Fish on the back of my car. (The six by fourish inched silver dealie.) Those bastards better not trifle with the FSM. It would be aboot time somone handed them their arses if they did. Gotta go. Bye.
Canuck - April 26, 2009, 11:45 pm,
Feelin left out so i just wanted to pont out that just because a cult gets really really popular does not make it any less of a cult! The bible has been re-written so many times that any valuable message was lost years ago. God is an excuse to hate others
Canuck - April 26, 2009, 11:48 pm,
who have different beliefs. Christians have been forcing those beliefs on others since roman times. The planet is the closest thing we have to a god and look how we treat it.
LogicDude - April 27, 2009, 9:25 am,
I don't try to force my religious beliefs on anyone - simply can't be and shouldn't be done. Do that and you're branded a nutbag (or Taliban, oooooh!). I just find it amusing at times that atheists, who shouldn't care, spend a LOT of time trying to ...
LogicDude - April 27, 2009, 9:26 am,
...prove that God doesn't exist. Like we were all created from some kind of universal sneeze instead. The carbon dating thing is this: if it thinks batteries are 100+ years old and can't tell how old a clam shell is, why should I believe it's accuracy?
LogicDude - April 27, 2009, 9:29 am,
Personally I'm with Canuck (other posts) and am here for the Funny. I'm not a Biblical Scholar or Scientist. But I do really dislike that Timmy guy....which causes great moral conflict...what with me being a Christian and all. I just can't stand it when
LogicDude - April 27, 2009, 9:31 am,
when idiots attack other's posters out of the blue because their life sucks, which is a prime Timmy motivator. Granted, some of my own comments may "seem" to be that way, but if they are they are rarely meant to be taken that way. Except to Sean. Bye!
Canuck - April 27, 2009, 11:50 am,
That Timmy fella just seems desperate for attention.
HtD - April 27, 2009, 12:00 pm,
LD, carbon dating is not the only method used to date a fossil.
LogicDude - April 27, 2009, 12:24 pm,
I know...but I already tried eHarmony and had no luck there either!
Cubbybear - April 27, 2009, 1:18 pm,
The only thing left LogicDude, is a Muslim Dating site or Asian picture bride...Your pick
agdaniele - April 27, 2009, 1:19 pm,
Perhaps the other dating site...
mooooooooooooooooooooooooo - April 28, 2009, 4:07 am,
Thanks Logicdude. For supporting the funny. I may not always agree with you but some of your stuff is f***ing hilarious.
HtD - April 28, 2009, 4:36 am,
Of course.
LogicDude - April 28, 2009, 9:44 am,
Thanks mooooooo...hey ummmm, you aren't doing anything Friday night are you? Do you have a personal profile I can view on Maybe we could hook up or something, you know, just watch a movie, maybe slip a roofie in your drink or something...?
mooooooooooooooooooooooo - April 28, 2009, 12:12 pm,
I didn't know you cared.
LOLOLOL - August 22, 2009, 10:57 pm,
Evolution and religion don't HAVE to be seperate, maybe thats how other, more sophisticated creatures (like us) were made... and also stfu im not an Old testiment fanatic i'm just saying what I think of this motifake after all thats what commenting is! :)
Derek - August 30, 2009, 10:09 pm,
Evolution and religion don't have to be separate, but it satisfies Occam's razor so much better. :-)
Sean - August 30, 2009, 10:13 pm,
"We" is anyone who sees evolution as the way we came about. Be it by a total lack of divine intent, or as God's way of making us all -- but not LogicDude, it'd be unfair to God to blame Him for that.