C-Span's Ranking of US presidents: #15 is better than #17 ! Do what?

Creator: Toussaint

dons - February 16, 2009, 10:58 pm,
I agree...I can't believe LBJ is listed that high on the list either. And Kennedy wasn't in long enough to deserve his rating...Remember Bay of Pigs???
Toussaint - February 16, 2009, 11:03 pm,
You're correct dons. Sadly, this country is still seduced by the Kennedy myth.
Jackson - February 16, 2009, 11:19 pm,
How did Andrew Jackson get so high up? Trail of Tears, anyone?
Toussaint - February 17, 2009, 9:45 am,
Jackson did have the blemish of the Indian Removal Act, but he is the only president to have ever paid off the national debt. Plus, Jackson was a president of the people, similar to Jefferson, who wanted to keep power in the people's hands.
jake - February 17, 2009, 9:58 am,
Kennedy is so high because of his brilliant career move...exit dramatically and leave 'em wanting moar!
WTFO - March 28, 2009, 6:47 pm,
Short memory of C-Span. Clinton was impeached. Only the second president to get this notch on his belt. Andrew Johnson was the first.
HtD - March 28, 2009, 7:14 pm,
Clinton is still one of the best regardless.
WTFO - March 29, 2009, 1:02 am,
Really? Why? I can show why I think he is one of the worst: 1. Impeached for perjery, 2. womanizer who abuses authority by screwing the help, 3. decimated the military by reducing our budget/manpower, 4. underfunded our Intel community and dismantled...
WTFO - March 29, 2009, 1:06 am,
their ability to conduct HUMINT with ignorant rules, 5. pardoned Marc Rich (made illegal oil deals with Iran and Eric Holden was in on this pardon), 6. failed to get Usama bin Laden even though he had 3 chances, 7. violated ~500 FBI files on Reps...
WTFO - March 29, 2009, 1:09 am,
(Nixon violated only a few), 8. he levied the marriage penalty tax on us, 9. zero response to the first World Trade center attack, USS Cole, and Khobar Towers, 10. Rented the Lincoln bedroom to pay for his legal fees. I can certainly go on, but why?
WTFO - March 29, 2009, 1:09 am,
You're obviously oblivious to the truth.
Anon - March 29, 2009, 1:26 am,
I don't see Nixon, Bush (either of them), or Reagan up there. Care to explain logically without relying on character a**assination and numbercrapping by covering ALL the details. Bush + Enron= Near lulz.
WTFO - March 29, 2009, 1:46 am,
For the illiterate, Reagan is #10 on this list. First since this is a C-Span list, it has a left tilt inherent with CNN. Second, I explained my position on Clinton logically and without character a**assination. I stated facts. I can't help it if your too
WTFO - March 29, 2009, 1:47 am,
partisan or stupid to accept the truth.
HtD - March 29, 2009, 3:34 am,
Wow, Clinton f***ed up that bad, and he's still considered better than 29 other presidents. Something doesn't add up.
WTFO - March 29, 2009, 3:43 am,
It adds up if the list ignores facts for ideology. Remember, that was a partial list. Granted all Presidents can have lists of mistakes but I believe that Clinton's were more egregious than most.
Haarakkon - April 12, 2009, 9:25 am,
Top 4 are pretty solid. Gets shaky after that.