Creator: Mark

Mark - March 20, 2009, 12:18 am,
Our Congressmen take an oath to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, yet they've passed a bill in direct violation of the Constitution. I'll expect their resignations on my desk in the morning.
Mark - March 20, 2009, 12:25 am,
I don't think that anyone at AIG deserves a bonus. They deserve a pay cut. But if this Bill gets through the Senate and gets signed into law by the President; what's next? Maybe they'll decide to tax everyone with more than 6 letters in their name.
Mark - March 20, 2009, 12:28 am,
Taxing the AIG bonuses is wrong and will end up costing the taxpayers even more when these executives win their case.
HtD - March 20, 2009, 12:32 am,
I said I wouldn't, BUT I will this time. Bush's ministration violated the 4th Amendment. Where was your poster then?
Mark - March 20, 2009, 12:38 am,
HtD - What specifically do you think was violated in the 4th Amendment?
HtD - March 20, 2009, 12:40 am,
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated[.]" Also known as warrant less wire ***ping.
Mark - March 20, 2009, 12:43 am,
Are you familiar with the PATRIOT Act and that portion of the Constitution that says, habeas corpus shall not be suspended unless in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it.
HtD - March 20, 2009, 12:49 am,
This happened even after the some of the sections expired.
Mark - March 20, 2009, 12:57 am,
HtD - It's real hard to argue with vague allegations. What happened? What sections expired? How do you know whatever happened? As far as I know the Patriot act was put in to effect to protect us and there was judicial review to obtain wire ***s.
HtD - March 20, 2009, 1:10 am,
The Sunset Provision Act for wire ***s(most of the sections from 201 to 224) expired on March 10, 2006. A few employees of the company hired by the government to wire *** blew the whistle some time back. Said they were wire ***ping.
HtD - March 20, 2009, 1:13 am,
This isn't as fun as stupid non sequiturs. I'll go back to what I do best. Have fun.
Mark - March 20, 2009, 1:13 am,
OK...I'll bite...What was done about it?
Mark - March 20, 2009, 1:21 am,
OK go back to non sequiturs and I'll go to bed.
moooooooooooooo - March 20, 2009, 2:50 am,
Mark. I a**ume you mean "Go to bed with your picture of Bush"
HtD - March 20, 2009, 3:12 am,
Moooooooooooo. I a**ume you mean "My name is Mooooo, and I'm an unfunny f***ass"
Mark - March 20, 2009, 10:18 am,
HtD - Thank you sir. I concur. Moooooooo - Your insinuation, as previously stated indicates that you are both unfunny and a f***ass. What kind of moron would go to bed with a picture of Bush when inflatable Reagan dolls are all the rage.
Hakiu - March 20, 2009, 11:11 am,
I just hope some one files a lawsuit over this law/the Supreme Court does it's job and finds it unconstitutional.
WTFO - March 21, 2009, 12:11 am,
I think Hakiu hit it right on. The Congress is putting up a smokescreen to protect their corruption/ineptitude by demonizing AIG. This bill can never make it past the Supreme Court. As for the 4th amendment issue, the roaming wire***s didn't target...
WTFO - March 21, 2009, 12:12 am,
individuals. It did broad area searches for "dirty words" or items of interest. It also resulted in a U.S. based terrorist who was planning on bringing down the Brooklyn Bridge before more civilian lives were lost. Your intrepretation of the program as
WTFO - March 21, 2009, 12:14 am,
a violation of the 4th amendment is overreaching HtD. Once the roaming wire ***s picked up on a potential terrorist operation, the govt went to the courts for the warrents. You may not agree with the Patriot Act but it is fact that it has saved lives.
dgbt - March 21, 2009, 9:28 am,
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
Mark - March 21, 2009, 2:37 pm,
dgbt - I've heard that quote quite a bit during the past 8 years and although Ben Franklin was a very wise man, he could have never imagined what is going on in the world today. Over the past 8 years I never felt as though my liberty was curtailed.
Mark - March 21, 2009, 2:40 pm,
Did you feel like you lost liberty? Or are you just reacting to what the media has told you. I feel that the House passing this 90 percent tax on AIG bonuses moves us closer to a loss of liberty than the Bush administration ever did. Our...
Mark - March 21, 2009, 2:43 pm,
...elected representatives have consciously voted to do something so blatantly unconstitutional that I truly believe the American public should demand the resignation of everyone who voted for it. Republicans included. I find it hard to believe that...
Mark - March 21, 2009, 2:44 pm,
...someone could be elected to the House of Representatives without first reading our constitution. They have betrayed their oaths of office.
WTFO - March 22, 2009, 1:12 am,
Agreed, Mark. Again for the benefit of dgbt, a roaming wire *** that uses a computer to identify suspects is not sacrificing liberties. Trust me they don't care about you calling your drug dealer or that your stealing HBO from your neighbors cable. You...
WTFO - March 22, 2009, 1:13 am,
are just repeating the exagerations and lies that the liberals used to place the socialist left into Congress and the White House. Stirring paranoia among ignorant Americans (like you) who are too lazy to conduct your own research and find the truth.
Elder God Douchebag - March 22, 2009, 1:15 am,
You want the truth? The real, unadulterated truth? Because I found the truth once..But it was boring, so I heavily altered it to make it more interesting.
Elder God Douchebag - March 22, 2009, 1:21 am,
But if you want the boring, actual truth, here goes..There's another election in four years, guys. This ain't the last one. Can we stop the complaining, now? The lack of humor is making me sad.
WTFO - March 22, 2009, 1:28 am,
EGD, once in a while you should be sad here. This site is about humor and demotivation. As for the next 4 yrs, I agree we have an opportunity to right the ship again. I just hope BHO doesn't cause permanent damage or get civilians killed with his weakness
WTFO - March 22, 2009, 1:29 am,
on terrorism and national defense.
Elder God Douchebag - March 22, 2009, 1:34 am,
It's not a demotivated sad, though. It's a "Ok, can we move on?" sad. So we agree that the situation isn't hopeless. Great. Good. NOW can we move on?
WTFO - March 22, 2009, 1:53 am,
Sorry, bud. Can't let the short attention span of Americans allow this nation to be destroyed from the inside by these crazy politicians. That goes for both sides of the aisle supporting this unconstitutional attack on AIG.
dgbt - March 22, 2009, 12:06 pm,
All I did was quote Franklin and you say I am "repeating the exagerations and lies that the liberals used" Wow, that's grand. Just shows who really is the ignorant one.
Mark - March 22, 2009, 1:34 pm,
At the rate this administration is going I'm afraid that 3 years and 10 months from now we might not have the opportunity to change the administration. We are no longer slipping toward socialism, we are sliding and picking up speed. Next we'll be falling.
WTFO - March 23, 2009, 1:47 am,
Another idiot statement by dgbt. You didn't just merely quote Franklin. You attempted to place it in the context that the Patriot Act violates liberty when it clearly does not. Maybe your BS works in the circles you travel in, but not here.
dgbt - March 23, 2009, 9:27 am,
But you said I am repeating the lies that the liberals used. The liberals voted for the d*** thing too! And yes, it does violate our liberty and the founding fathers would agree.
Mark - April 2, 2009, 11:41 pm,
dgbt - Exactly what liberties have you personally given up? Probably none. I think that you're just parroting what the liberal media says. If I'm wrong (and that has happened once or twice) just tell me what you've given up.
Mark - April 2, 2009, 11:44 pm,
We now have the House of Representative passing an unconstitutional bill and the President forcing the resignation of the CEO of GM. More liberty has been taken from Americans in the last 2 months than in the last 8 years of the Bush Administration.
dgbt - April 3, 2009, 10:09 am,
Wire ***ping is an invasion of our privacy. You, me, and everyone else. The nation was scared after the 9/11 attacks and the Patriot Act was passed quickly and almost unanimously. Liberals and conservatives. So don't throw the liberal media bull**** at me
dgbt - April 3, 2009, 10:10 am,
The opposition to the Patriot Act is bipartisan and has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative. And I never defended what the Obama admin is doing with GM, but it does not effect me in the slightest.
Mark - April 3, 2009, 10:53 am,
dgbt - Has your wire been ***ped? What the Obama Administration will effect you one way or another eventually.
dgbt - April 3, 2009, 10:58 am,
That's just it. I don't know if my wire has been ***ped. But that doesn't mean it isn't wrong for them to do it. And I agree with the point you made about AIG, but now that I think about it, the GM thing isn't bad. GM is begging for bailout money and...
dgbt - April 3, 2009, 10:59 am,
Obama is basically saying if you want it you must get rid of the people who got you here. Nothing is being forced at all.
Mark - April 3, 2009, 11:18 am,
OK...I'm easy...I'll give that one to you...wire ***ping is wrong. I sure sleep better knowing that our Homeland Security and Intell people are doing the wrong thing for the right reason. Government interference in private industry is wrong. It's not...
Mark - April 3, 2009, 11:21 am,
...Obama's call to make. If Congress wants to give GM the LOAN or not is up to them. If Obama doesn't like it he can veto it. That's the way it's supposed to work. He didn't ask for any other heads on a platter. Why GM's CEO? Maybe because of all the...
Mark - April 3, 2009, 11:24 am,
...the campaign contributions made by AIG, the banks, and Wall Street. I think that GM is too big to fail. It's failure could possibly fatally injure our economy. I think that some government intervention is necessary to break up GM, Ford, and Chrysler...
Mark - April 3, 2009, 11:26 am,
...into smaller car companies that will have to sink or swim on their own. If a smaller car company fails. The important thing to remember here is that GM is asking for a LOAN...not a hand out.
dgbt - April 3, 2009, 11:34 am,
Good points Mark. I see that you understand more about this bailout stuff than I do. But still, nobody is forcing the CEO out. GM is not required to take the loan. And about the wire ***s, its not really the wire ***s that piss me off. It's more the fact
dgbt - April 3, 2009, 11:36 am,
that the act was passed so quickly and unopposed just because we were scared. That scares me more than terrorist attacks. It was nice talking with you again Mark, but I gotta get to work.
Mark - April 3, 2009, 11:49 am,
Work! What an ugly four letter word. Unfortunately I've gone back to do a little bit of that too. In a manner of speaking, GM is required to take the loan. They have to take it or face a shut down. The federal government is the only one they can turn to.
Mark - April 3, 2009, 11:52 am,
This won't be an accurate a***ogy but let's say your spouse maxed out all of your credit cards and you were behind on your third mortgage. You need a loan and you go to a bank for it. But the bank says, "Your wife got you into this mess so you have to...
Mark - April 3, 2009, 11:54 am,
...get rid of her before we give you a loan." What would you think of that? OK...after all the obvious jokes, what would you think of that?
Mark - April 3, 2009, 11:56 am,
There's an e-mail joke about the economy going around that I've received 4 times now and I don't know why it wouldn't work. It goes something like: There are 40 million people in the US work force that are 50 or older. Give each of them 1 million...
Mark - April 3, 2009, 11:59 am,
...dollars to quit their jobs with some stipulations. 1st - They have to buy a new American made car. That fixes the car companies with 40 million new car sales. 2nd - They have to buy and pay cash for a new home or pay off their current home. This...
Mark - April 3, 2009, 12:02 pm,
...would fix the housing market with 40 million new homes sold or paid off. The 40 million jobs that the 50 or older crowd just left would also solve the unemployment problem. There you go...most of our economic problems solved for only 40 billion bucks.
Mark - April 3, 2009, 12:03 pm,
I'm no economic genius (opening for a put down here) but I don't see why this wouldn't work.
Mark - April 3, 2009, 12:14 pm,
I know we have some smart people out there on MotiFake. All you young college kids that are getting a first class education. Please explain to me why this "joke" wouldn't actually work.
Fatty - April 3, 2009, 12:33 pm,
Well, I'm no college kid but, it sounds good to me other than recording all 40mil people to make sure they do what they are supposed to w/ the money. Me? I'd take the money and move to Canada...
Fatty - April 3, 2009, 12:34 pm,
On another note along the same lines... anyone familiar w/ HR 1207? Audit the Fed?
Mark - April 3, 2009, 1:04 pm,
Fatty - I just watched the video for HR 1207 and I suggest that everyone should. I never knew that Congress had so little authority or ability in this matter. Thanks for the info.
Mark - April 3, 2009, 11:22 pm,
WTFO - Have you heard this one? Read my comment about the economy at 0856 today.
WTFO - April 3, 2009, 11:29 pm,
Actually, I hadn't heard of that plan, but it sounds like a pretty good one to me. I did hear on Bob and Tom show a plan to help out the auto industry. They suggested that the govt buy a new car for every serviceman returning from war.
WTFO - April 3, 2009, 11:31 pm,
It did take me a while to catch up on the comments that I've missed. dgbt's a**ertion that the govt should go after the ones who caused the failures is 100% accurate but it is misdirected. The GM CEO didn't cause the auto industry to fail; Congress and
WTFO - April 3, 2009, 11:33 pm,
auto unions did. Here is how it works, while the unions had their place early in the last century to protect workers from unfair practices, they have outlived their usefullness. So they've been fighting for the past 50 years for more pay, more benefits,
WTFO - April 3, 2009, 11:34 pm,
more retirement, more lifelong healthcare, and less work hours. The cumulative effect is that US auto companies pay $75 an hr per employee when Toyota and other foreign companies operating in the US pay $45 an hr per employee. In an interview, the GM CEO
WTFO - April 3, 2009, 11:36 pm,
was asked what he does for a living. He answered, I provide healthcare and on the side I build cars. Unions have destroyed the auto industry with the help of Congress (mostly Dems and Independants). The unions pressure workers to join and pay their dues.
WTFO - April 3, 2009, 11:38 pm,
The dues are used to make the heads of the unions fat and wealthy and also to line the pockets of Congressmen through their substantial lobbying arm. If you think unions are a good thing, do some research on the Teamsters (who supported Pres Obama).
WTFO - April 3, 2009, 11:40 pm,
As for the a**ertion that the Patriot Act violated the Constitutional "right to privacy", there is no such right in the Constitution. However the Bill of Rights does discuss privacy privacy of beliefs (1st Amendment), privacy of the home against demands
Mark - April 3, 2009, 11:41 pm,
WTFO - I was hoping to get your thoughts on the million dollars to people over 50 plan that's been bouncing around the internet. It's a joke but it sounds like it would work.
WTFO - April 3, 2009, 11:41 pm,
that it be used to house soldiers (3rd Amendment), privacy of the person and possessions as against unreasonable searches (4th Amendment), and the 5th Amendment's privilege against self-incrimination, which provides protection for the privacy of personal
WTFO - April 3, 2009, 11:42 pm,
information. The question of whether the Constitution protects privacy in ways not expressly provided in the Bill of Rights is controversial.
WTFO - April 3, 2009, 11:44 pm,
While it is accurate to say that the Constitution doesn't expressly protect privacy, other interpret that the 14th Amendment's mention of "liberty" should be broadly defined to include privacy.
WTFO - April 3, 2009, 11:46 pm,
Mark, I think it would be a great idea, compared to what is going on now. However, I still think it is a socialist solution. Once those over 50 retire and meet the spending obligations, how many will piss away what is left and come back to the govt with
WTFO - April 3, 2009, 11:48 pm,
their hands out for more money? Social Security is already bankrupt (too bad that isn't "too big to fail" like companies). I agree that initially it would be a good solution, but the 2nd layer effect is still perpetuating the entitlement state.
Mark - April 3, 2009, 11:52 pm,
There's a cloud with every silver lining. It just seems like an interesting idea.
WTFO - April 3, 2009, 11:56 pm,
Back to my wire ***ping education. I have a good amount of info on the wire ***ping. The process targets phone conversations that are considered high threat (such as calls originating from Iran, Pakistan etc.) they don't care about your talks with your
WTFO - April 3, 2009, 11:57 pm,
mother. A computer scans for "dirty words" and then zeros in on them. When there is concern they go to FISA for a warrent and catch the bad guys and save American lives. Sorry, dbgt if you feel this is more of a threat than terrorism, buy you are wrong.
WTFO - April 3, 2009, 11:59 pm,
Yea, Mark. I agree that there's a downside. I suggest we let all these "too big to fail" companies fail. The small town banks are doing fine so it wouldn't be bad to let the national banking crooks fail and be sold off to the small banks. The problem is
WTFO - April 4, 2009, 12:00 am,
that Congress can't let that happen because they've been bought by banking lobbyist money from Citi, AIG, Fannie, BoA, etc. and if they fail it will be revealed that the Congress is who pressured them to make those toxic loans. As for the auto industry,
WTFO - April 4, 2009, 12:01 am,
let them fail and work out of Chapter 11 bankruptsy (hell it's been working for the airlines for the past 20 or so years). This will allow them to start over and correct the payscales of their employees by making their past agreements with the unions null
WTFO - April 4, 2009, 12:03 am,
and void. The next step for the autos is to get Congress out of their business. Congress keeps leveling these emission standards and mandating they make X amount of "green cars" and "hybrids". The US auto makers keep losing money on these cars because
WTFO - April 4, 2009, 12:04 am,
they can't compete with the foreign companies in that market. Hell, Prius has most of that market. However, the US auto makers lead the world in trucks, SUVs and sports cars. Let them make what sells and turns a profit! It would be like the govt forcing
WTFO - April 4, 2009, 12:06 am,
a US company to make ***e recorders in the early 80s. The Japanese had the market cornered then and it would be business suicide to enter that market back then. If you want to fire who is responsible for the economic meltdown, then do it! Your next chance
WTFO - April 4, 2009, 12:07 am,
is in the 2010 Congressional elections. Fire any Congressman who supported subprime loans, auto industry interference, or opposed drilling for oil here in the US.
Mark - April 4, 2009, 12:09 am,
That would probably wipe out most of congress.
WTFO - April 4, 2009, 12:10 am,
Exactly my point, Mark. Then we can get the rest of the crooks out in the 2012 election, including the Pres.
Mark - April 4, 2009, 12:14 am,
That's a pleasant thought. We can only hope.
Z-Bob - April 30, 2009, 5:11 pm,
Check your math, Mark. $1M to 40M people works out to $40 trillion.
Americaussie - July 16, 2009, 1:13 am,
Yeah, except for the fact that the Constitution allows the Congress to tax as it sees fit. Maybe read it yourself? Dumbass.
lunchmeat5000 - July 16, 2009, 2:39 am,