The use of skillful tricks and deceptions to produce baffling effects. Like promising change and delivering socialism.

Creator: WTFO

Sam Dalton - April 17, 2009, 11:21 pm,
Republicans like throwing the word "socialism" around because it sounds bad but nine in ten don't even know what socialism is. I'd rather give control to the government than to corporate douchebags. They've bent us over for far too long already.
Toussaint - April 17, 2009, 11:29 pm,
A message well stated; excellent work.
Sean - April 17, 2009, 11:32 pm,
While I don't share politics, Sam, I enjoy reading such comments. And I do share your annoyance at the idiotic misuse of the word "socialism". Do they not know how politically illiterate it makes them look? They must ....
WTFO - April 18, 2009, 9:24 pm,
Socialism - 1. any of various economic and political theories advocating collective or governmental ownership and administration of the means of production and distribution of goods. a tage of society in Marxist theory transitional between capitalism and
WTFO - April 18, 2009, 9:26 pm,
communism. --Webster's Collegiate Dictionary. True idiocy is not knowing the definition of the word and seeing that we are heading that way when the govt owns 80% of AIG, fired GM's CEO, is advocating for far reaching control into all banking systems, and
WTFO - April 18, 2009, 9:27 pm,
is trying to "spread the wealth around" in true Marxist fashion. Also, nationalizing health care is a socialist tenet. Don't challenge my use of the word when the Congress and Pres are clearly driving us in that direction. Look up European socialism, that
WTFO - April 18, 2009, 9:29 pm,
is where we are moving the US to. Govt involvement in the corporations is a major cause of our problems. They made Fannie issue home loans to people who can't afford them. They prop up the auto unions whose greed has screwed up Detroit.
WTFO - April 18, 2009, 9:30 pm,
typo in the first one: change "tage" to "stage".
Sean - April 18, 2009, 9:34 pm,
It makes no sense to call anything other than the abolition of private property "socialism". Progressive taxation may, given how the gov't actually spends the proceeds, be an egalitarian move, but it is not socialism.
Sean - April 18, 2009, 9:36 pm,
Gotta go now. I'll check up on this thread tomarrow. Good night, WTFO. Stay well. Bye.
WTFO - April 19, 2009, 12:53 am,
I disagree with your definition of socialism. the abolition of private property is actually communism. We aren't there yet. Consider capitalism, socialism and communism on a slide scale. Socialism is a large range of policies that start just were
WTFO - April 19, 2009, 12:55 am,
capitalism stops with some govt control of private industry and moves towards the communism side of the scale where a large amount of industry and property are govt controlled. If you color code them green = capitalism, yellow = socialism and red =
WTFO - April 19, 2009, 12:56 am,
communism, you'll see we are out of the green already and moving in the direction of center yellow.
WTFO - April 19, 2009, 1:00 am,
For clarification on the first post, I resent the dismissive nature of SD's comment. Many liberals try to minimize the dissent against "their choosen one" Baaraack Obaamaa but claiming conservatives are ignorant, racist, and/or rednecks. I and many others
WTFO - April 19, 2009, 1:02 am,
know exactly what socialism and can support our use of the word with facts and examples. The tea party protests showed very clearly that many americans are not happy with the direction this country is heading and elected officials better take notes.
Ieuan - April 22, 2009, 6:05 pm,
"The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money." - Margaret Thatcher
WTFO - April 24, 2009, 1:16 am,
Very nice quote, Ieuan. I hadn't read that one before.
tehsupercheez - May 24, 2009, 11:25 pm,
what is it about motifake that attracts stupid people who make retarded posters like this and then prattle on about your republican agenda.
Sean - May 25, 2009, 12:10 am,
Hey here's a cool word: prestidigitation.
WTFO - May 25, 2009, 1:43 am,
What is it about motifake that attracts dumbasses who can't debate the facts of a situation so they just attack with childish name-calling tactics? (they also can't spell "the" in their own name.)
WTFO - May 25, 2009, 1:46 am,
Excellent word, Sean. In a sentence, "With a little prestidigitation, the Constitution and the free market has disappeared."
Paul Kondor Poduszlo - August 22, 2009, 5:12 am,
"The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.' The capitalist, seeing the same thing, says: 'All men should have as much.'" - Phelps Adams
Paul Kondor Poduszlo - August 22, 2009, 5:13 am,
BTW; this poster owns.
Current Resident - September 4, 2009, 5:33 pm,
Outstanding poster! Good work. 5L
WTFO - September 9, 2009, 12:58 am,
Thank you, gentlemen.
Ed-Hyde - September 9, 2009, 8:36 am,
y'know, random thought here. Has anyone actually met anyone that supported the whole health care thing, as its currently proposed?
WTFO - September 10, 2009, 1:30 am,
I haven't. I have an insurance program provided by the govt, TriCare. It is horrible! I don't wish the same lack of care and service rationing that I've experienced on other Americans. It's cheap, but you get what you pay for.
Bah - September 12, 2009, 1:51 pm,
Yes; I know a guy who thinks insurance companies are the highest form of evil and wants the gov. to drive them out of business. He acknowledges but does not care that this will increase the cost of insurance for him.
WTFO - September 13, 2009, 7:13 pm,
I don't know if all insurance companies are the "highest form of evil" but I'm pretty sure that govt is the "highest form of corruption". So, I don't trust them to make healthcare better. Let's do tort reform + competing insurance across state lines.
Haarakkon - September 13, 2009, 7:22 pm,
That same Government pays your salary. Are you an agent of corruption?
WTFO - September 13, 2009, 7:28 pm,
I'm too low on the chain of command to benefit from any corruption. I'd rather root it out and eliminate it so those who make the laws also obey them. An optimistic view I know.
Obama - September 22, 2009, 3:34 pm,
my home boys will find and kill you WTFO
WTFO2 - September 22, 2009, 11:46 pm,
Obama, was that a weak attempt at humor or are you adding yourself to the list of ephemeromorphs that wish for my death?
Do me next - October 12, 2009, 3:53 pm,
You don't belive Obama will deliver on his promises, fair enough. But to say this socialism isn't different from from the last 8 years, or the last 16 or 20. I know people like picking on George Bush and Clinton, but calling them socialists? A bit harsh.
WTFO - October 14, 2009, 1:21 am,
His policies is what drives my a**ertions that he is socialist. Govt control of banks, insurance, autos, and attempting to gain health care. Those are key tenets of socialism. Not trying to be harsh, just pointing out the obvious. I do disagree with you
WTFO - October 14, 2009, 1:23 am,
that he will deliver on some of his promises especially the one of "fundamentally changing this country". I just don't think his supporters truly understood what he meant by that comment. He's got labor unions/special interests writing bills for Congress