Creator: Mark

Haarakkon - April 21, 2009, 10:03 pm,
Thank you, FDR!
Mark - April 21, 2009, 10:08 pm,
Why would you want to thank FDR? The thing that brought us out of the depression was World War Two. FDR was spending us deeper and deeper much the way that another certain democrat is doing now.
Haarakkon - April 21, 2009, 10:11 pm,
Great Depression recovery is generally agreed to have started in the Spring of 1933. Wiki it.
Mark - April 21, 2009, 10:32 pm,
OK...No need to Wiki that. I agree. We started to climb out of it in 1933. It started with the Stock Market Crash in 1929. The recovery started before FDR took office and then the economy crashed again in 1937. FDR's spending dug a deeper hole.
Sean - April 21, 2009, 10:57 pm,
Uhmm, dudes, you obviously haven't been to Wikipedia in the last ten minutes. It NOW says that the Great Depression was "caused by two poopy heads named Mark and Haarakkon when they argued about it on Motifake." And you can quote me, I mean Wiki on that
Sean - April 21, 2009, 10:57 pm,
Sean - April 21, 2009, 10:58 pm,
editor's note: you can't see it real good but the last comment is: " . "
dgbt - April 22, 2009, 9:40 am,
I don't get it. When did we have a dictatorship?
Mark - April 22, 2009, 10:30 am,
Sean - I've searched WikiPedia and cannot find that reference. I even Googled "Poopy Head" and "Poopy Pants" to no avail. Sometimes I think you just make this stuff up.
Mark - April 22, 2009, 10:35 am,
The point I was trying to make with Haarakkon was that FDR dealt with the Depression of the 30's and 40's the same way that BHO is trying to deal with this throwing money at it. FDR failed and so will BHO.
Mark - April 22, 2009, 10:38 am,
Haarakkon - Are you aware that the US slipped into a Depression in 1920? Probably not. It's not talked about much because President Harding fixed it quickly. He fixed it by cutting federal spending and cutting taxes. It was over by 1921.
Mark - April 22, 2009, 10:38 am,
Maybe BHO is aware of that too. After all, he did ask his cabinet to cut their budgets by 100 million.
Mark - April 22, 2009, 10:39 am,
Editors Note: That last comment might be hard to's dripping with sarcasm.
Mark - April 22, 2009, 10:47 am,
dgbt - I a**ume that your question about a dictatorship stems from the little man in the corner of the cartoon. I think that FDR was well on his way to creating a dictatorship by running for a 3rd and then 4th term as president. He was the ultimate...
Mark - April 22, 2009, 10:50 am,
Democrat. He spent Federal money to buy votes. He was strong in the South and weak in the West. So he ignored the South where he knew he would win anyway and spent money in the West to gain votes.
Haarakkon - April 22, 2009, 10:58 am,
Yeah, I did know about that, actually. Wasn't a banner time on the 'ol homestead. The great-greats got hit harder in 1920 than they did throughout the Depression, believe it or not. Spanish Flu played no small part in that, to boot.