What Barack is cooking.

Creator: WTFO

WTFO - May 2, 2009, 2:57 am,
We in uniform are taxed the same as everyone else. Unemployment insurance is not something I've ever paid into, but if injured to the point of no longer being deployable, there is the VA. I agree that Social Security is a socialist-like system. Actually,
WTFO - May 2, 2009, 2:59 am,
the way it's been mismanaged by the govt, it's a Ponzi scheme. Taking my money to pay others whose contributions were already spent. However, the policies now are taking all of our tax dollars, and the taxes of our kids when they get jobs and bringing it
WTFO - May 2, 2009, 3:01 am,
all up to the govt to have them divvy it out to banks, autos, and dumbasses who signed up for ARM loans. Add govt controlled health care, and you have serious big govt and socialism. If the govt gets to run health care, we are all screwed. I say this
WTFO - May 2, 2009, 3:03 am,
because the govt runs the military hospitals and the health insurance program (Tricare) that me and my family use. Trust me, you do not want every hospital in the nation to be run like a military hospital. I've had a serious back problem since Aug, and
WTFO - May 2, 2009, 3:03 am,
they've been jerking me around for months. I finally get to have an MRI to see what is wrong this month.
agdaniele - May 2, 2009, 11:02 pm,
The real problem in america is that the ones working for minumum wage, instead of getting unemployment or welfare, are without insurance and health care. We pour billions into helping other countries, but can't help our own.
agdaniele - May 2, 2009, 11:15 pm,
Ha! That's bordering on offensive, but thanks!
agdaniele - May 2, 2009, 11:16 pm,
What's more, welfare should be earned, not given.
Sean - May 3, 2009, 12:02 am,
Calling a "social safety net" of any sort "socialist" does not make sense. The net is a form of insurance. As such is it subject to the same problems all insurance plans (be they private or state run) have: fraud and what's called the moral hazard. ...
Sean - May 3, 2009, 12:04 am,
Not to get side-tracked by the insistence that the word "socialist" be used correctly, using it to means welfare statism is not just a smear tactic, it is a category error that blinds you considering the issue correctly. ...
Sean - May 3, 2009, 12:05 am,
Recognising that the soical safety net is an multifaceted insurance policy does not solve any problems, nor does it bring the left and the right closer together, but it does get the dialogue off to a legitimate start.
Sean - May 3, 2009, 12:10 am,
I have recently come to the belief that what makes you a Liberal, Conservative, or Libertarian stems largely from your concern over the importance or lack thereof of the "moral hazard" attributed to state action.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:16 am,
Great dialogue! Thanks DB for the well-wishes. I believe that for the average person, state health care can be adequate (your English examples) however, if the govt runs it, it is even more expensive than it is today. With it being free it will be abused
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:18 am,
by every hypocondriac in the US. Also, as is the case with the military, care will be rationed to save the govt money. Lastly, for those who have complications or need specialists, the doctors who specialize in those areas won't be there because the D.C.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:19 am,
bean-counters will do a cost-benefit-a***ysis and determine there isn't enough bang for the buck. I read a story the other night that said a female politician in Canada got cancer and came to the US to get treated. If govt healthcare is so good then why
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:20 am,
did she have to come here?
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:22 am,
AD, great point on how we help others without helping ourselves and on welfare. President WTFO would institute a new plan for welfare: Able-bodied welfare recipients would have to work for the Fed, State, or County to earn their checks (pick up trash on
Sean - May 3, 2009, 12:24 am,
Did she have to? Or did she decide she wanted the Ferrari over the Beamer? Inquiring minds want to know!
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:24 am,
the highways, refurbish public parks/playgrounds, Habitat for Humanity, and stuff like that). They would only have to work 30 hours a week because I want them to use the other time seeking better, more perminant employment. There's my stump speech.
Sean - May 3, 2009, 12:25 am,
"President WTFO"? I knew the "O" stood for Obama .... Knew it all along.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:25 am,
Fair question, Sean. The article didn't say but if we socialize our health care here, the Farrari option won't be available for anyone.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:26 am,
Funny guy, made me laugh. Actually, it stands for "Over" because it changes the "WTF" from a rhetorical question to one that wants an answer.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:28 am,
However, with more thought, I have asked WTF,Obama a number of times.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 12:29 am,
I'd vote for WTFO... it's not my cup of tea to hear constant presidential criticism, but when it comes out of the true liberals, it's amusingly whiny.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:29 am,
Sean, you made a great point on "moral hazard". Very commendable position. I believe that the economic issue is a perfect example of what is going on here in the US. Bush started it with TARP money and pushing for money for autos because they are too big
Sean - May 3, 2009, 12:30 am,
"Funny guy"? Or "Funniest guy"? Anywho, I disagree that having the gov't as the single payer medical insurance provider necessarily crowds out the market option. Insurance companies can charge premiums and they can specify the level of coverage.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:31 am,
to fail and Obama has greatly expanded that. These responses are short-term fixes that don't solve the real problems and they come with long-term consequences. The selling of our debt to China and the rampant printing of cash from our mints will lead to
Sean - May 3, 2009, 12:31 am,
Giving everyone access in a time of need to the "machine that goes ping!" doesn't necessarily mean that all anyone can get who can afford other euphoniusm medical devices.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:32 am,
the devaluing of the US dollar and mass inflation for everyone on main street.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:33 am,
AD, I would make a great target on the national level as President, wouldn't I? Hell, I'm a pretty good target here on Motifake.
Sean - May 3, 2009, 12:33 am,
That's the problem with any bail out, eh? How to credibly say "Dang nabit, this is the last time, boys."
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 12:33 am,
And for the record, "liberal" is an abused term now. I don't like how... liberally... it's thrown arout. For me, it'll always refer to the anti-war, pro-pot legalizing, tambourine toting, anti-gun, tie-dye, freindship bracelet wearing, ponytail executives
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:35 am,
Sean, right now in the US no one who shows up at a hospital can be denied treatment regardless of their ability to pay. So everyone has access, hell even illegals have access to healthcare. The hospitals get money from the govt (our taxes) to pay for
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:36 am,
those visits. So it is widely available even if you can't afford insurance.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 12:36 am,
You are certainly a lightning rod, WTFO... but there's nothing wrong with getting things done while the do-nothings rally against you. And, at the risk of... hell, if Obama hasn't been sh** by the so-called supremists, you're relatively safe.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:38 am,
AD, very nice description of liberal with a liberal use of adjectives. Can I add tofu-farting, cloud skipping, and tree-hugging?
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:40 am,
Thankfully, those extreme a** holes haven't gotten in a position to shoot the President (any President) and I hope they never do. While I disagree with the POTUS and many Dems in Congress, I don't want to see anyone killed for disagreeing with me.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 12:41 am,
The legitimately unemployed (and actively searching for work), elderly (who paid taxes/social security), and those certifiably disabled should receive free healthcare. Nobody else.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:41 am,
The system will "right" itself again, in my view and those folks who didn't run on policies or substance will be voted out eventually. "Change" is not a position, it's a stand against someone else's position.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 12:41 am,
Even moreso, I'm for drug testing everyone who gets welfare or unemployment. If you have to be clean to work, you should be clean to receive free money, healthcare and housing.
Sean - May 3, 2009, 12:43 am,
Uhm, up here that's called s****** and blowing at the same time. To say we have de facto socialized medicine undercuts your point that socialized medicine is not the way to go, unless you really think people should be turned away?
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:44 am,
HELL YEAH! Agdaniele, you just made my short list for Vice President. Let's get out there and right the ship.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 12:44 am,
I'm not as pro Obama as I could be, I'm moreso just hoping this all works out... for the sake of our economy. Only time can prove or disprove the critics. But, I already have a bead on Biden, just in case Obana gets killed.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:45 am,
Sean, like I said, no one is turned away here right now.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 12:45 am,
If anything can make you appear middle-road for the other voters, it'd be a handful of my views tossed into the debate!
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:47 am,
I wonder if Biden is worse in his policies than Obama. He's proven to make more mistakes in his speaking than Bush did. I hope for the best in the economy as well but looking at the long-term impacts of these decisions, I'm not optimistic at all.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 12:49 am,
BTW, did anyone get the wrestling reference in this poster?
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 12:49 am,
The views on controlling welfare, spending, abortion, etc is, to many of those montana mountain separatists, a form of socialism... too much government control. In my opinion, if many can't do the right thing, you have to do it for them. Slippery slope.
Sean - May 3, 2009, 12:51 am,
So then you have always had socialized medicine. Just not enough of it to have most Americans as worry free on that issue as us dumb Canucks.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 12:51 am,
Wrestling reference? I'm a bit out of touch.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 12:51 am,
Dumb canucks? For what? Socialized medicine?
Sean - May 3, 2009, 12:54 am,
No. Celine Deon.
Sean - May 3, 2009, 12:56 am,
If you can't shoot 'em, deport 'em, or sterilize them, and watching them starve to death in front of their starving children does not agree with your delicate sensibilities, then you're gonna be a welfare state .... Gotta bribe the losers. Or jail 'em.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 12:56 am,
Well, we are responsible for vanilla ice... let's call it even.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 12:59 am,
It does seem extreme, Sean... especially worded like that. However, our welfare, healthcare and unemployment systems, as they stand now, are breeding laziness and senses of entitlement. It has to be wrung out of the mentality here.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 1:01 am,
Self-pride is in short supply. Everyone wants to get paid, regardless of their personal effort or value. I pay taxes to keep welfare recipients pregnant, fed and healthy while I have to pay for medical? That's unacceptable.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 1:03 am,
Nobody argues that you have to take care of those who truly cannot take care of themselves, disabled, elderly etc but like my VP said, this sense of entitlement has been and continues to tear down the American dream. Success is being penalized by those
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 1:05 am,
in govt who want to "spread the wealth around". Let me put it this way: In THEORY, communism works. In theory, everyone does their best for the whole society and everyone benefits equally. In PRACTICE, humans are not ants, they do minimum effort for max
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 1:07 am,
gain, which is why communism always fails. Socialism is the middle of the road between Capitalism and Communism. The US has had it's foot in the street on some social issues since the Great Depression. However, now we are running into the street with the
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 1:08 am,
govt running banks, auto industries, taxing the wealthy heavily to pay for everything, and pushing for nationalized health care. I'm afraid we're about to be hit by a truck playing in the street.
Sean - May 3, 2009, 1:12 am,
ok I'm back, what did I miss?
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 1:14 am,
I'm currently working on getting the punch-card voting system in place for Nevada... just in case they aren't leaning our way in 2012.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 1:14 am,
Not much. We're just trying to save the world that's all. Come on in and join us as our NORAD ally.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 1:14 am,
What do we do about FL voting machines?
Sean - May 3, 2009, 1:15 am,
sorry to quipple WTFO, but in theory socialism and communism can't work. Ludwig Von Mises proved that economic calculation and therefore the efficient production and distribution of goods cannot take place unless there is a market in place. That ...
Sean - May 3, 2009, 1:16 am,
should have won him the Nobel prize in economics. In a fair world it woud have.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 1:16 am,
Offering healthcare to the elderly should net that state, hands down. If not, we'll hire Microsoft to develop a new voting system.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 1:20 am,
Russia and America are now, after many years, showing the pitfalls of their systems. It's great to not only study, but to watch it as it happens.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 1:20 am,
Sean, I missed that work by Ludwig Von Mises. I'll have to look that up. AD, offering free healthcare to the most geriatric state in the Republic might be cost-prohibitive.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 1:21 am,
Eh.... campaign promises. Whatever it takes to get into office, then we fix things.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 1:33 am,
Ugh! I don't wanna be like every other lying politician who subscribes to "the ends justifies the means" when it comes to campaigns. That's one of the things screwing up the system now. There has to be another way.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 1:34 am,
Maybe instead of free health care for FL we can get them free Depends undergarments. What do you think?
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 1:36 am,
Digging way back, AD. The wrestling reference was to Dwayne Johnson (the Rock) whose catch line was "If you smell...what the Rock is cooking".
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 1:39 am,
Hmmmmm... Depends for Florida. I like the platform.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 1:40 am,
Ahhhhhhh.... ok, got the reference now. Thanks for revisiting that cold case.
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 1:41 am,
We need a catchy slogan..."Change" seems to work and it applies (in a different way) here too.
agdaniele - May 3, 2009, 1:42 am,
Change You Can Relieve In!!!
Sean - May 3, 2009, 1:43 am,
"Human Action. A Treatise on Economics." His masterpiece. But you can also find that argument in his book entitled "Socialism".
WTFO - May 3, 2009, 1:48 am,
d*** that's funny, AD. Sean, thanks for the reference.
dave - October 11, 2009, 7:02 pm,
Call me a little late in the game, but this is in response to first comment about the social security and unemployment insurance. First of all, I work for the state of california in the unemployment insurance division, and I can tell you that none of us
dave - October 11, 2009, 7:03 pm,
pay into unemployment insurance, unless you are a business owner. Unemployment insurance is paid for 100% by the employer, which is why they have the right to appeal an employees claim for unemployment insurance benefits. Second, just because you pay
dave - October 11, 2009, 7:04 pm,
into something, ie social security, doesnt mean you agree with it. you dont have a choice. Its the same for the god-awful union. My line of work is covered by SEIU. I personally think the people at SEIU are morons, and even though I have decided not
dave - October 11, 2009, 7:05 pm,
not to be a paying member of the unuion, I am still forced to pay my "fair share", which is only about $20 or $30 less than actual union members pay.
WTFO - October 14, 2009, 1:05 am,
Welcome, Dave (late or not). To me Social Security looks like a ponzi scheme. I pay into it with a promise of return later while the govt takes my money for those who paid in the past (after taking their cut). Sorry to hear you're a part of SEIU. Those
WTFO - October 14, 2009, 1:06 am,
purple shirts are no better than the teamsters union. Did you see the video of a SEIU beating up a preacher handing out signs outside of a townhall meeting. Yeah, unions are great for the US. In my brother's company, the small union will slash members'
WTFO - October 14, 2009, 1:07 am,
tires if they don't go along with the policy to bill the company a full hour when the clock out even 1 or 2 minutes into that hour. Unions had their time and place, but no longer IMO.
Derek - October 29, 2009, 4:19 pm,
A disaster for weapons manufacturers, lawyers and over-paid private (non) providers perhaps.
dave - October 30, 2009, 12:41 am,
i didnt, but it wouldnt surprise me. they all want something for nothing at whatever cost to anyone else.
WTFO - October 30, 2009, 11:38 pm,
Dave, exactly correct.
WTFO - October 30, 2009, 11:42 pm,
Derek, if he's a disaster for lawyers then why doesn't his healthcare plan go for tort reform which has proven to drive down costs in states that have tried it? Also, "over-paid private" insurance providers is a misleading statement I think. Last year
WTFO - October 30, 2009, 11:43 pm,
their profit margin was only 3.4% (beverages were 25.9% to compare). Here's the link - - surprise, Washington D.C. lied again.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - October 30, 2009, 11:45 pm,
Strawberry Rhubarb. A la mode.
WTFO - October 30, 2009, 11:47 pm,
Just offering facts to the debate. Not attacking and I still prefer cake to pie.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - October 30, 2009, 11:52 pm,
Devils food......happy now?, No worries, I'm just jerkin yer chain.
fred - February 3, 2010, 5:37 am,
I'm curious. Just what sort of percentage of US conservatives are retarded?
culos - February 3, 2010, 6:20 am,
You to begin with Fred, way to go commenting on an old and exhausted thread. Politifakes have now move to the site!
culos - February 3, 2010, 6:20 am,