Biggest oxymoron since Military Intelligence.

Creator: Mooooooooooooooooooo

Hakiu - May 5, 2009, 10:30 pm,
Must resist urge to acknowledge stupidity of poster. d*** it i just failed.
agdaniele - May 5, 2009, 10:40 pm,
Military might keeps peace. Nothing prevents attacks like the fear of death. Human nature. If nobody was armed, someone would pick up a rock.
Sean - May 5, 2009, 10:42 pm,
But think of "Salami Tactics". Hint: Yes Prime Minister.
agdaniele - May 5, 2009, 10:44 pm,
By salami tactics, are you referencing the italians changing sides to always back the winning side in WWII?
Sean - May 5, 2009, 10:46 pm,
P.S.: would the NRA support my desire to build a nuclear bomb in my garden shed ... I mean those things are "arms"? It would be set to detonate in the event of a break-in attempt. Please hurry, this weapons grade plutonium is freakin' heavy.
Sean - May 5, 2009, 10:47 pm,
Nope, re salami tactics. How the hell does a salami switch sides, anyway?
agdaniele - May 5, 2009, 10:47 pm,
Good reference and good point, though.
agdaniele - May 5, 2009, 10:49 pm,
I don't know, but when I hear salami, I figure it references italians.
Canuck - May 5, 2009, 11:42 pm,
It's not like I would expect the military to call it the "kills indiscriminately" missile or anything, but "peacekeeper" is a ridiculous name for a wmd. brrrr ribbit
Canuck - May 6, 2009, 12:35 am,
As far as "nothing prevents attacks like fear of death" goes, i think all that really does is provide incentive to build bigger bombs. Peace will come from mutual respect not fear and that can only happen through communication not attack.
agdaniele - May 6, 2009, 12:41 am,
A very nice goal, but as long as human nature prevails, there will always be a need for defense. Communication can be effective, but you'd have to be a fool to think it's a solution to all aggression. Get out more... there are bad people in the world.
Canuck - May 6, 2009, 12:50 am,
Yeah i am well aware of the bad people. Change has to start somewhere, otherwise we will be blaming human nature forever. Attack only brings counter-attack and so on. We dont have the military might of the US here in canada yet i feel perfectly safe.
agdaniele - May 6, 2009, 12:59 am,
Although the canadian government impressively ramins fairly neutral in foreign affairs, you've also got an ally just south of you who would crush any country that entertained the idea of attack.
agdaniele - May 6, 2009, 1:01 am,
It's not about weapons for offensive purposes. It's simply a warning for those who entertain the idea of being militarily active. A peacekeeper, if you will.
Canuck - May 6, 2009, 1:03 am,
I don't think it's our proximity to the states that makes most Canadians feel safe. Even while traveling we are treated well and respected all over the world. Our neutrality is what keeps us safe and sound.
Canuck - May 6, 2009, 1:07 am,
So what happens when another country builds a better bomb? Will the US bow down or simply 1 up them with some kind of doomsday device? Your way perpetuates violence, I say better to extend an olive branch before it gets out of hand.
agdaniele - May 6, 2009, 1:11 am,
You are missing the point. It's a deterrent. Not an offensive stockpile, simply a warning to those who would consider offensive measures. Needn't be the best, just effective.
agdaniele - May 6, 2009, 1:13 am,
And I agree with the neutrality of canada... it's made international relations quite easy for you. But, that's not the nature of this beast (USA).
agdaniele - May 6, 2009, 1:14 am,
Global peace is nice, but you must realize that the whole world can't pull off what canada and australia have. Again, there's always an opportunist waiting for others to disarm themselves.
Canuck - May 6, 2009, 2:08 am,
Maybe instead of "perpetuates violence" I should have typed perpetuates the progression of destructive technology. I do get your point about it being a deterrent, but 1 deterrent necessitates another deterrent.
agdaniele - May 6, 2009, 2:13 am,
Agreed. But, it is how it is. Not saying it's good.
WTFO - May 6, 2009, 2:51 am,
Very nice picture. It kinda reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 2:55 am,
I hoped you would like it. Consider it a tribute. My very first poster. I know it's not that funny. But when I searched for Peacekeeper missile it was the first thing I saw.
WTFO - May 6, 2009, 3:48 am,
I appreciate it. Unfortunately, it's been taken off the inventory. The ability to drop 10 nukes on the enemy keeps the peace "To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace." --George Washington
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:51 am,
I understand that argument. I just feel better agreeing with Canuck and trying to have a positive outlook for the world. even if I am deluding myself.
WTFO - May 6, 2009, 3:57 am,
Fair enough. I've seen too much of the world that ripped away any delusions I once held or would like to hold again someday. Come on senility.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 4:00 am,
I am a**uming that I am younger than you. So if it's not too much trouble i'm just gonna enjoy my dream world. Or maybe if I'm really really lucky things will get better before the dementia kicks in.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 4:02 am,
On the other hand. since all I did today was register on a website, make a so-so funny poster and drink my weight in Jamesons it's not like i'm contributing to a better world
Canuck - May 6, 2009, 12:08 pm,
It is what it is seems a very defeatist attitude. It's up to us to change it! The world could be a better place if only younger generations were taught not to hate based on religious beliefs and skin colour. A positive attitude can go a long way.
Mark - May 6, 2009, 2:09 pm,
I have a positive attitude. I'm positive that the USA is a Christian country built on a foundation of religious tolerance and it strives to this day to be tolerant of all religious beliefs. And I'm positive Islam would prefer us all to be dead and gone.
MO - May 6, 2009, 2:23 pm,
I'm so over hearing about how "racist" this country is. As Mark pointed out we have a country where ANYONE can rise to the top. IF you work hard. Go to Japan, Russia, or Iraq and see if they have minorities with 1/2 the chance we afford our citizens.
MO - May 6, 2009, 2:29 pm,
And our Military is the best example of how your color ect has NO bearing on how far you can advance. You've got to earn that right with HARD work, that's all! So quit b****ing, get off your a** and grab a slice of freedom. No one's gonna hand it to you!
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 2:50 pm,
You do mean "Radical Islam" right Mark? Because most Muslims are peaceful people. Remember them? they are the ones that welcome Americas involvement and thank them for saving them.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 2:53 pm,
Also (MO). No one here called America Racist. If you reread Canuck's comments he is referring to the entire planet. You seem to be seeing an attack towards the states that doesn't exist.
Mark - May 6, 2009, 2:54 pm,
I suppose you're right. That's what I mean...Radical Islam. But there are times I'm not sure about the difference between the radical Islamist and Muslims who appreciate what the US is doing for them. I guess I'm still wound up over a video I just saw...
Mark - May 6, 2009, 2:57 pm,
...with a Kuwaiti professor talking about how nice it would be for a "freedom fighter" to carry 4 pounds of anthrax across the Mexican border into the US. Sometimes the line between Radical Islam and Regular Islam is a bit blurred for me.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 2:57 pm,
That's the problem with any religious group. It's hard to tell the Radicals from the rest of them at a glance. Christianity included.
Canuck - May 6, 2009, 3:00 pm,
How can you call the US a christian country? A country can't be christian thats an individuals choice.
MO - May 6, 2009, 3:02 pm,
MOOOOOOO are you really gonna tell me that there isn't a SERIOUS anti-american contingent here on motifake? If I seem a little defensive please forgive me. I may be coming down with Farve-itis. Whaddya think? Is he coming back for one more round?? (:
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:02 pm,
That is disturbing. But remember that is one man making a terrible statement. You can't judge a religion based on the actions of one man. Except Jesus or Muhammad maybe. Of course if you believe in either of them you might as well pray to Santa Claus
Mark - May 6, 2009, 3:04 pm,
It's just that Radical Christians generally don't strap explosives to their bodies and then go for a stroll in a crowded market place.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:04 pm,
On Motifake? maybe around the world? possibly (no offense intended) In this poster or the comments that it generated? Absolutely not.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:06 pm,
I have to give you that one Mark.
Canuck - May 6, 2009, 3:07 pm,
Only a few hundred years ago radical christians burned men and women at the stake for their beliefs. progress takes time. If we paint all muslims with the same brush all of these misconceptions will just be passed on to the next generation.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:08 pm,
But remember something called the Crusades. I guess there were no bombs available but they still got a lot done.
Mark - May 6, 2009, 3:09 pm,
Canuck - The USA's founding fathers were Christians and Christianity is the predominant type of religion in the US. Our constitution guarantees religious freedom.
Mark - May 6, 2009, 3:11 pm,
I knew the issue of the Crusades would come up in this conversation. All I can say is that it take two to Tango and that was ancient history.
Canuck - May 6, 2009, 3:12 pm,
what about the separation of church and state? Your country may have been founded by christians but things have changed a whole lot!
Haarakkon - May 6, 2009, 3:15 pm,
Time out. The Founding Fathers, for the most part, were Deists, not Christians. That's why they put the clauses they did in the Constitution.
Mark - May 6, 2009, 3:15 pm,
Yes, we have the separation of church and state. The state does not meddle in the affairs of the church but the church frequently meddles in the affairs of state. What's your point? The US is still predominantly a Christian country.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:16 pm,
I like cake
Mark - May 6, 2009, 3:17 pm,
Don't make me look it up. What's a "Deist?" Is that someone who worships God?
Canuck - May 6, 2009, 3:18 pm,
thank you Haarakkon. Predominately! theres a good word that would have helped your point greatly.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:18 pm,
is it a kind to cake.
Mark - May 6, 2009, 3:18 pm,
Moooooo - Me too!
Mark - May 6, 2009, 3:20 pm,
I used the word "predominant" earlier in this string of comments. Maybe you just missed it. See the 12:09 pm comment.
Haarakkon - May 6, 2009, 3:21 pm,
Um, more or less, yeah. They weren't really Holy Rollers, those Founding Fathers. In their time, though, they were only a century or so removed from the secular Holy Wars that wracked Europe, Spanish Inquisition, etc.
MO - May 6, 2009, 3:22 pm,
I like cake....pancakes!!!
Mark - May 6, 2009, 3:24 pm,
They believed in God and a persons right to worship (or not) anyway they wish. I don't think we have any real holy rollers in politics in the US now. They all seem to be godless wh***s. (My apologies to any prostitutes on the site.)
Mark - May 6, 2009, 3:25 pm,
MO - With lots of b***er and Maple syrup? Make mine a double order!
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:26 pm,
Pancakes in and of themselves are dull. Mow with maple syrup or blueberries, that's a different story
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:27 pm,
Mark don't apologize to timmy's mom. She will never learn that way.
MO - May 6, 2009, 3:28 pm,
MOOOOOOO that was a unexpected cake comment. Them boys start talking religion and they get all antsy in the pantsy......Who wants a mustache ride??? (That was for any of the wh***s who may be reading)
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:29 pm,
Maple syrup. Canada's best contribution to the world. Except for the bacon of course.......Sorry for Alex Trebek.
MO - May 6, 2009, 3:30 pm,
Mark, MOOOOOO you can have your cake and eat it too!!! With anyting you wan!!!
Mark - May 6, 2009, 3:31 pm,
I think this is the first MotiFake religious discussion I've participated in. I've been successful in avoiding them until now. I'm done...who has the cake?
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:31 pm,
This is my first poster. I didn't want it turning into a Best God in shoe parade
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:32 pm,
should have read. "best god in show"
Haarakkon - May 6, 2009, 3:33 pm,
Yeah. They were also a lot closer time-wise to the horrors inflicted from one sect of Christians on another sect of Christians. We're nowhere near that level nowadays. It's almost a wonder Christianity didn't destroy European culture. It came close.
Mark - May 6, 2009, 3:33 pm,
I like Alex Trebek...he's so smart. He knows all of the answers, uh questions, er a answers... on Jeopardy.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:36 pm,
It's easy to know all the answers/questions when properly teleprompted.
Mark - May 6, 2009, 3:36 pm,
Moooooo - It's not a bad first poster. Those of us with a military background are able to laugh at ourselves and especially some aspects of the military. I'm not sure how we got spun up on religion anyway.
Mark - May 6, 2009, 3:37 pm,
Ahhh....the teleprompter! Don't get me started.
Haarakkon - May 6, 2009, 3:38 pm,
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:40 pm,
Mo. I happen to know that Canuck lives in a part of this great country where religious bull**** is rammed down his throat everyday. If he's a bit jaded he has earned it.and i should defend him. remember the old song lyric "he ain't heavy, he's my brother"
Mark - May 6, 2009, 3:41 pm,
Haarakkon - Don't worry. I don't have time. I have to go. It was nice to chat with all of you again. I'll try to get back as often as possible but summer time is busy. God Bless you all. (Sorry...I couldn't resist it.)
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:43 pm,
I knew that would get you going (the teleprompter thing). Every American that I have ever known who was in the armed forces agreed that decisions made by the military did not always make sense. so I knew most servicemen would laugh at my poster.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:43 pm,
WTFO did. and I stole his avatar to make it.
MO - May 6, 2009, 3:45 pm,
I wasn't mad at Canuck (he just happened to mention the race card and I went off on my tangent; towards no one in particular. So all's Peace Love and.....pancake grease!!!
dfdfffdfdfdfdfdf - May 6, 2009, 3:50 pm,
Fair enough Mo. what's up with that avatar. At the risk of sounding stupid, could someone really water ski like that?
MO - May 6, 2009, 3:53 pm,
The avatar I just pulled off of some site. Looked cool. I really wanted a few others that fit me better. But I couldn't figure out how to make them.....
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:57 pm,
God d*** copy and paste. why oh why didn't I pick an easier name to spell. Don't feel bad about that one MO, My GF had to make my avatar for me. She even painted the original.
moooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 3:57 pm,
moooo - May 6, 2009, 3:58 pm,
K, I'm an idiot.
MO - May 6, 2009, 4:00 pm,
My MO is my intls. But I do get a kick outta seeing the MOOOOOOOO pop up. It's like you got mad cow....
Mooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 4:04 pm,
intls? forgive my ignorance. Where have yo been I AM NOT A COW!!! hah I don't know why but I thought once I registered I would have to make my mooooo the same length every time. I now realize that I am just retarded.
MO - May 6, 2009, 4:07 pm,
Alright MOOOOOOOO im off to work. I'm a rookie at this MOtikfake stuff to, so I'll be looking out for your mOOOOOtivational posts in the future!!
MLO - May 6, 2009, 4:11 pm, first and last initials. If we're on at the same time I'll throw the L in the middle as well. MLO....
moooooooooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 4:15 pm,
Oh initials I really am a retard. You don't need to alter your name moooooooooooo is always at least 6 o's long. have fun at work.
Mr. Shiny - May 6, 2009, 7:29 pm,
peacekeeper....does that mean we get to keep the pieces that are left of the enemy when this baby goes off?
mooooooooooooooo - May 6, 2009, 7:55 pm,
OK Mr shiny I'll bite. What exactly do you intend on doing with the pieces?
LogicDude - May 7, 2009, 12:56 pm,
I love this poster...I was in Military Intelligence for over 16 years. Maybe that explains why I am. Or maybe it just mucks up the whole thing. Anyway...5 poodles.
mooooooooooooooooo - May 7, 2009, 2:25 pm,
Thanks Logicdude. My first attempt at a poster seems to have generated some really interesting comments from you military types.
Jmac0585 - May 7, 2009, 3:15 pm,
It's not an oxymoron. Mutually a**ured destruction. So technically, they are keeping the peace.
LogicDude - May 7, 2009, 3:15 pm,
I'm retired now, finished my 20 years in 2002 - but still suckle at the milky (milk is red, right?) teat of the great military machine that is the Department of Defense as a civil servant.
mooooooooooooooooo - May 7, 2009, 3:49 pm,
Jmac0585, put down your crayons and pick up a dictionary.
Jmac0585 - May 7, 2009, 4:57 pm,
Ok. What word do you want me to look up, mooooooooooooooooo?
Jmac0585 - May 7, 2009, 5:03 pm,
Overly-sensitive: (n) excessively affected by external agencies or influences. See: mooooooooooooooooo on Motifake when someone doesn't give him 5/5, or doesn't agree 100% with his poster's a**ertions.
Jmac0585 - May 7, 2009, 5:04 pm,
You may go through and give all my posters 1/5 if it will make you feel better. If you took my comment as snarky, sorry. I did give it 5/5 though.
mooooooooooooooooo - May 7, 2009, 5:34 pm,
Who's over sensitive. thanks for the five . But George Carlin coined Military intelligence as an oxymoron. It isn't a perfect example, but it is one used very frequently. For comedy's sake.
mooooooooooooooo - May 7, 2009, 5:40 pm,
And I would nrver bash someones poster based on a negative comment against mine. I would only vote them down if they weren't funny. I find plenty of yours to be quite funny.
Jmac0585 - May 7, 2009, 5:44 pm,
I appreciate it.
Jmac0585 - May 7, 2009, 5:47 pm,
#9 on the comment list!
moooooooooooooo - May 7, 2009, 5:55 pm,
I realize now that your comment was about the "peacekeeper missile" oxymoron not the other one....made myself sound kinda stupid there. Sorry. And I would be proud of my first posters place on the comment list if so many of the comments weren't my own.
Canuck - June 9, 2009, 2:05 am,
a month old and still on the comment list top 10. when's the next 1 coming mooooooooooooo?
mooooooooooooooooooooo - June 9, 2009, 2:12 am,
As soon as I get a pic of your sister that Sean hasn't used. Where ya been f***er?
Canuck - June 9, 2009, 2:25 am,
I have recently moved to a much less church infested part of our great nation. My net was out for too long but im rocking the boat while stirring the **** once again. Cake seems to solve problems i have noticed, you should have a slice ready!
moooooooooooooooooo - June 9, 2009, 2:26 am,
You have been gone too long. I have moved on to pie.....It's more versatile.
mooooooooooooooooooooo - June 9, 2009, 2:27 am,
You don't make cake from the stirred **** do you?
Canuck - June 9, 2009, 2:39 am,
I like a different kinda "****" in my cake.
mooooooooooooooooo - June 9, 2009, 2:44 am,
better luck with that? since leaving Jesusland?
Canuck - June 9, 2009, 2:50 am,
nah christains smoke a lot of weed to forget the vanilla *** they will be having with the same person for the rest of their lives.
mooooooooooooooooooooo - June 9, 2009, 2:53 am,
You mean same cousin....right?
Canuck - June 9, 2009, 2:59 am,
i saw very young married couples there who looked too much alike not to be related by blood. Can you imagine *** only for pro-creation? maybe the inc*** is their way of spicing things up.
mooooooooooooo - June 9, 2009, 3:11 am,
So? were you the icing in their Oreo? The marshmallow in their smore? the banana in their split?.....wait WTF?
TheTrashHeap - July 10, 2009, 5:33 pm,
TheTrashHeap - July 10, 2009, 5:33 pm,
I mean...Test!
DJA - October 18, 2009, 2:51 pm,
I know you think this is clever, but deterrent missiles gave to full scale nuclear war has actually worked. The peacekeeper missiles have never had to be used BECAUSE HAVING THEM KEPT THE PEACE! Don't they teach you this stuff in your elementary school?
TheTrashHeap - August 28, 2010, 11:26 am,
It is clever, didn't they teach you that this is a HUMOR SITE? (In your special ED class)
agdaniele - August 28, 2010, 11:30 am,
TheTrashHeap - August 28, 2010, 11:35 am,
Aggy is there any way to find out when I first signed on as "Canuck"?. This poster made me all nostalgic.
agdaniele - August 28, 2010, 11:42 am,
May 15, 2009.... remember? My mom's birthday?
Mooooooooooooooooooo - August 28, 2010, 12:04 pm,
Jesus....who dragged this old relic out?
agdaniele - August 28, 2010, 12:07 pm,
My mom, or the poster?
TheTrashHeap - August 28, 2010, 12:15 pm,
Can't be may 15. I was on before this poster was made.
agdaniele - August 28, 2010, 12:19 pm,
How about May 5th? That's your official registration date.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - August 28, 2010, 12:47 pm,
Trash has what I like to call"marijuana memory".....we both joined May 5th after Sean invited us to register...remember?....we were talking about Punk Rock....We had been trolling for quite a while beforehand.
thatonechick - August 28, 2010, 12:48 pm,
Who remembers this ****? This is nearish when I joined.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - August 28, 2010, 12:49 pm,
That's because you share trash's memory problem...
thatonechick - August 28, 2010, 12:52 pm,
Lately I've been more of a vodka/valium latte kinda person. :P
agdaniele - August 28, 2010, 12:55 pm,
Wooohooo! My kinda girl!
Mooooooooooooooooooo - August 28, 2010, 12:55 pm,
Giggety!.......when are you gonna invite me over?.......have you ever tried a roofie-colada?