Creator: Haarakkon

Sean - June 12, 2009, 9:28 pm,
But they won't burn you at the stake for declaring your dissent, nor ... (I deleted the rest as I started to get way too preachy and made no effort to end on funny)
Haarakkon - June 13, 2009, 9:16 am,
Fritjof Capra's "Tao of Physics" turns 34 this year. I'm not too keen at burning at the stake for the sake of either science or religion, mind you. If you accept the argument as valid, though, then how many people could you say science has sacrificed?
Haarakkon - June 13, 2009, 9:21 am,
We could start with Oppenheimer, Nagasaki and Hiroshima and move on to Western medical practices. Beyond my limited scope, though. I only maintain that there's a certain degree of mysticism in all those camps of thought.
BoneCD - June 13, 2009, 10:09 am,
There is no mysticism. We prove things can happen mathematically first, then we engineer and build around that calculation. It's really kinda simple in that respect. Math, physics and a desire to explain how nature (insert God if you wish) works...
BoneCD - June 13, 2009, 10:14 am,
lead us to rules and theory. We then try to use these to make life easier (let nature to the work) for us...or is some sad but necessary cases, defend ourselves from our enemies (and I use that term loosely).
BoneCD - June 13, 2009, 10:20 am,
Does this destroy my belief that there is a God...No! But then I have no use for organized religion either, or it's abuser that can create or define an enemy out of another's belief. I'm done, nuff said, bye.
Haarakkon - June 13, 2009, 10:36 am,
Higgs boson and the Standard Model of sub-atomic physics, or the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit? Guess we'll see what the Large Hadron Collider at CERN has to say on the matter. I would expect that with the amount expended on the project, the
Haarakkon - June 13, 2009, 10:41 am,
Eh, fuggedaboudit. For what it's worth, Bone, I'm not big on Organized Religion, either. Or Science. I am a big fan of the sub-sect of Science - Technology, though.
BoneCD - June 13, 2009, 11:32 am,
Sometimes Haar...well lets just leave it at that. Hey, but then again where would we be without it (science that is). Sometimes I rant, usually about once every 6 months, to hear myself.
Haarakkon - June 13, 2009, 11:51 am,
It's all good. I think there are parallels that are unexamined (that I'm aware of, anyway). I also think this point of view is pretty much bound to piss off just about everyone. I'm not saying it's "right" or "wrong" - it just is what it is.
Bah - September 9, 2009, 12:06 am,
Three cheers for experimental confirmation! Death to purely observational conclusions!