So how's that Democrat/UAW thing working for you Michigan?

Creator: North Star

todd snyder - June 22, 2009, 7:32 pm,
Well said. Wait til Obama makes national unemployment 30%.
Haarakkon - June 22, 2009, 7:41 pm,
Wait, wait, wait. I find it quite interesting everyone is ready to point the finger at UAW, but hold blameless the manufacturers who were building the junk.
Haarakkon - June 22, 2009, 7:47 pm,
I'll be waiting right here for that 30%.
BoneCD - June 22, 2009, 11:42 pm,
While I agree with the "Junk" clause Haar, I'm just not sure that I agree with the Unions anymore. They had their place in the "Great Industrial Revolution". Now, unfortunately, they bread nothing but contempt and complacency in their members...I was
BoneCD - June 22, 2009, 11:46 pm,
a member of a local as well as an owner of a medium sized Union Shop. Loved my regular guys...but when we pulled members out of the hall because we had more work than the base could handle, 9/10 were trouble. My base guys hated their local!
Haarakkon - June 23, 2009, 12:26 am,
You're spot on on that, Bone. I am a card-carrying Teamster member as we speak, but I'm no fan of the organization. (Can I even SAY that?) Absolutely the time has passed. My current fury has much less to do with the UAW than with the delusion that we're
Haarakkon - June 23, 2009, 12:29 am,
not responsible for this mess. The Republicans quite creatively deny accountability and point to a Democrat-controlled Congress, the Democrats (with only slightly less creativity) point to the War in Iraq, and no one single outfit will "man up".
Haarakkon - June 23, 2009, 12:33 am,
It couldn't conceivably have anything to do with me or mine, after all. Couldn't be a combination of things. Couldn't be nobody buying cars. Couldn't be we can't afford $4 per gallon gasoline. Couldn't be there are few producers supporting dozens of
Haarakkon - June 23, 2009, 12:35 am,
number crunchers. For every blue-collar worker, how many white-collar middle managers are they supporting? A whole hell of a lot more than they were 30 years ago, that's for sure. Anyway, it's always the other guys fault. A nation of pansy-asses we are.
BoneCD - June 23, 2009, 12:36 am,
Unfortunately I do not agree that the "Government" (red or blue) had anything to do with this other then to bring it to a quicker conclusion than Management/Labor anticipated. For years unions asked for pie and got it every time. So much so that 63% of
BoneCD - June 23, 2009, 12:39 am,
the GM white collar work force was managing their union employees pension and benefit funds (I need to revisit that stat I think that it was as high as 73.5% just before the hearings). Management never learned from the Jap Auto makers, and the Japs now
BoneCD - June 23, 2009, 12:43 am,
build full size trucks (US Car Makers bread and b***er most profitable items) at, on average, $3,000.00 less than we can. So, it's like the old saying; "If you are Union you should buy Union"...then go broke in the process! Hell, lets face it, I see
BoneCD - June 23, 2009, 12:44 am,
more Union peps in WalMart then my one time Union Brothers will admit!
BoneCD - June 23, 2009, 12:46 am,
But the Gov, through the Banking Industry (credit crunch), brought this to a head quickly! It's sales that make the world go round, and no credit - no sales!
Haarakkon - June 23, 2009, 12:48 am,
Well, as is usual, I blew this particular thing out of proportion and used it as an a***ogy for the current economic woes (primarily in the NE and in CA). I switched to Toyota a decade ago when I found out they were good for 300,000 miles before needing
Haarakkon - June 23, 2009, 12:50 am,
any kind of major work done, as opposed to the 2 full size Chevy 4x4s in my yard with only 80,000 miles. The '71 runs, but it gets 5 MPG. My experience may not apply to everyone, but it b***resses your previous a**ertion about the Japanese, Bone.
BoneCD - June 23, 2009, 12:51 am,
Actually Haar that was a very good discussion! Thank you for that.
agdaniele - June 23, 2009, 12:52 am,
And it didn't happen amidst a picture of Obama!!! Kudos!!!
agdaniele - June 23, 2009, 12:54 am,
Albeit, I find it a sad statement that North Star couldn't find a larger picture of Michigan that wouldn't pixellate. That can only be called (and I'm coining a phrase) Minnesota Lazy.
Haarakkon - June 23, 2009, 12:55 am,
Yeah. I think I hurt myself, though. NOW I'm going to bed and see if I can sleep it off. Cya, guys.
boeweizer - February 23, 2010, 4:53 am,
the mit and the deformed D*ick