It'll Be The Death Of Us Yet

Creator: Retrochcop

common sense - July 6, 2009, 12:33 pm,
I don't doubt your intentions but you do realize the HMO's are the ones screwing us over right now, I was just billed $810 by an ER room for cleaning and putting a band-aid on a minor glass cut, no stiches, no glue, just your normal band-aid, now what
common sense - July 6, 2009, 12:37 pm,
about that is normal? Of course once I give my insurance they drop it down to a $100 co-pay but the point remains. wasteful spending and an over medicated population deluded into think big corporations hold them above their shareholders. go back to rushbo
Jmac0585 - July 6, 2009, 12:37 pm,
Common Sense - No, it's the jackholes that use the ER as their primary care option, as well as the other folks that refuse to even attempt to pay their bill. You make people pay, the costs will go down.
common sense - July 6, 2009, 12:40 pm,
Jmac- I was told by three separate EMT's to go to the ER to get it checked out, I think you're missing the point, it's not that I used the ER for a 2" gash that left a scar, it's that they charged $800 for less than 1 hour of time and a cheap band-aid, I
common sense - July 6, 2009, 12:41 pm,
might have only paid $100 but they are still billing the rest of that $800 to someone, and for what some gossipy nurses who have nothing better to do?
jmac0585 - July 6, 2009, 3:14 pm,
My wife is an ER Nurse. You sir, are woefully ignorant of what happens in the ER. The reason it cost you $800 for your 2" gash, was that Jose went to the ER because he was coughing, and heard on the news that Swine Flu was coming. He wanted to be sure he
jmac0585 - July 6, 2009, 3:15 pm,
didn't have it. He didn't have it. He was just scared he *MIGHT* get it. He got the bill and laughed. It costs so much because Conrad took his kid in and refused to pay it, called his lawyer and argued the bill.
jmac0585 - July 6, 2009, 3:16 pm,
Imagine what a Big Mac would cost, if only those that chose to pay for it, paid for them AND the gov't said that McD's COULDN'T Close and couldn't not serve anyone that asked.
jmac0585 - July 6, 2009, 3:18 pm,
$800 Big Macs... The EMT's are also worried about being sued. They tell you it's fine, then you hemorrhage, they are in trouble. If they tell you to go, and you refuse, it's on you. In So Cal, Hospitals are closing, because so many go and won't/can't pay.
jmac0585 - July 6, 2009, 3:20 pm,
So SOMEONE has to pay for those that don't. That is you, me and everyone else with a conscience or a sense of honor or responsibility.