No One Is Assigned To Protect Them We'll Have To Protect Ourselves

Creator: Retrochcop

Sean - July 24, 2009, 12:49 am,
Yer pretty annoying Retrochop, so even if your "wife" is invisible, do you really want her to be armed? Think on that a bit, k?
Lex - July 24, 2009, 1:21 pm,
I want my wife to have arms. That way she can make me a d*** sammich!
Derek - September 3, 2009, 6:06 pm,
Perhaps we could have a people (a bit like soldiers) whose job it is to arrest baddies?
Zed - September 3, 2009, 6:43 pm,
Derek, those are called the police, and they usually arrive thirty minutes after the bodies are already cold. I'd rather it be the bad guys bodies than me and my family.
Haarakkon - September 3, 2009, 6:57 pm,
Thanks for pissing on all the servicemen serving Stateside with this poster. And all the law enforcement as well, Retrochop, you ingrate.
Haarakkon - September 3, 2009, 7:00 pm,
And while we're at it, maybe we ought to whine some more about the taxes, some of which go to pay those who *are not* protecting you.
Zed - September 3, 2009, 7:04 pm,
Haarkkon, my best friend is a State Highway patrolman, and my brother-in-law is a city policeman,but even they admit that unless a police officer stumbles across an incident through sheer luck, much of their job consists of cleaning up the unfortunate aft
Zed - September 3, 2009, 7:05 pm,
much of their job consists of cleaning up the unfortunate aftermath.
Haarakkon - September 3, 2009, 7:29 pm,
Zed, by nature, Emergency Services (Fire, Law, EMS) are reactive, rather than proactive. Part of that is due to the left zealously defending our "civil liberties". A suspicious person can only rarely be detained without due cause. I'd not argue that.
Haarakkon - September 3, 2009, 7:33 pm,
What I have a problem with is the folks complaining about being taxed, but forgetting who it is that foots the bill. In addition, this poster seems to suggest that the POTUS should require no more protection than the average American family.
Haarakkon - September 3, 2009, 7:36 pm,
I'd guarantee I've had more personal death threats in the last month than Retro, and I've not been threatened on the internet, unlike the POTUS.
Zed - September 3, 2009, 7:42 pm,
Haarakkon, I'm not arguing that, I'm just saying that the poster had a point (even if it isn't the one Retro tried to make), there's no-one to *actively* protect us except US.
Zed - September 3, 2009, 7:45 pm,
Sure the Prez has the Secret Service, but so does every ex-Prez and ex-veep. Even ***k Cheney, who owns stock in his own private army, Blackwater. (Which makes me ask why HE needs Secret Service protection in the first place...)
Haarakkon - September 3, 2009, 7:46 pm,
"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."
Haarakkon - September 3, 2009, 7:46 pm,
Guess there isn't anything in there about the citizenry.
Haarakkon - September 3, 2009, 7:50 pm,
I'm going to stop before I say something I'll regret. I understand your point, Zed, and it's valid. It's not quite what I think the poster is trying to say, though, and the point of the poster, in my opinion, is not.
Zed - September 3, 2009, 7:52 pm,
hate to say it, but sometimes it does feel more about the flag than the Constitution or the People, I admit, but I know enough active servicemen to realize that's just perception.
Zed - September 3, 2009, 7:54 pm,
Try not to take Retro so seriously, she (he?) probably didn't realize she was dissing the troops with the quote. I hope. (Who needs an a**ault rifle for that, anyway? A revolver, nine-milli, or rifle does fine on it's own, I've found.)
Jaubrey - October 31, 2009, 12:33 pm,