I know you lost your legs in service to your country; but I need you to give up an arm and a leg in taxes as well. Oh, and my new care plan doesn't cover war wounds.

Creator: Paul Kondor Poduszlo

Sean - July 27, 2009, 6:52 pm,
Wow, if she really is a vet, then you have used her suffering and her sacrifice for your country just to make a cheap political point. Way to respect your troops, dude.
agdaniele - July 27, 2009, 7:48 pm,
Finally showing your true colors, PKP.
Paul Kondor Poduszlo - July 28, 2009, 3:17 am,
Actually, I showed this to a few vets and they thought it was hilarious. And it IS because I care about the troops, especially our wounded ones, that I made this poster. The fact remains that the Obama administration actually considered not covering troop
Paul Kondor Poduszlo - July 28, 2009, 3:18 am,
wounds in one his his plans. But instead of being pissed off at that; you're pissed at the one who brings news of it. And I love how you call this concern "cheap". But if it happens to offend a vet I of course apologize.
agdaniele - July 28, 2009, 8:41 am,
Ok, not those type of vets moron... we're talking about war "veterans"
LogicDude - July 28, 2009, 10:08 am,
That's Tammy Duckworth...helluva pilot!
Sean - July 28, 2009, 11:22 am,
So now yer saying you know a "few vets" that share your lame sense of "humor"? What a terrible thing to say about brave men and women who who honorably served your country. Sad.
Paul Kondor Poduszlo - July 29, 2009, 2:59 am,
Nice Sean; you just dissed the vets more than I ever did.
Woodywood03a - August 9, 2009, 11:18 pm,
Thats wrong in all levels.... dead wrong man.
WTFO - August 9, 2009, 11:27 pm,
From an active duty war veteran, PKP is correct that the Obama administration considered cutting funding to wounded vets about 3 or 4 months ago as a cost cutting measure. I've been to Walter Reed and met some of the injured. Also several vets (retired
WTFO - August 9, 2009, 11:28 pm,
active duty are extremely concerned about what this Congress and POTUS are going to do to our ability to fight and be treated if wounded. I think a few of the civilians are missing the valid point raised by this poster. This man is tearing down several of
WTFO - August 9, 2009, 11:29 pm,
the freedoms we in uniform risk our lives to protect. I say 5 lions to PKP for telling an ugly truth.
agdaniele - August 10, 2009, 12:08 am,
And you're saying health care for vets flourished under GW? WTFO, you can honestly say that vets were even 'properly' cared for?
Haarakkon - August 10, 2009, 12:24 am,
Conveniently forgotten, the cost-cutting measures under GW, eh? And the Walter Reed debacle, I suppose was Clinton's fault. Or maybe Carter.
agdaniele - August 10, 2009, 12:28 am,
I'll admit that I liked Clinton... that takes balls. And, he made cutbacks that I don't agree with. De-regulated wall street, too. But knowing it existed, GW perpetuated more of the same... turning a blind eye to Desert Storm vet concerns...
agdaniele - August 10, 2009, 12:30 am,
(and I know several who were exposed to chemical - and refused medical a**istance for chemical exposure because it "never happened"). And, GW kept wall street de-regulated for both terms. Clinton dug the hole, GW provided the coffin.
agdaniele - August 10, 2009, 12:31 am,
Political rant done. No more until at least December.
Haarakkon - August 10, 2009, 12:35 am,
Hah! 'Til Decmeber? Phew! At any rate - there really is no absolute black and white, despite what the respective party mouthpieces would have us believe. I find it truly ironic that you posted what I was thinking, though. Beat me to it.
agdaniele - August 10, 2009, 12:39 am,
Like I said, I was huge for Clinton. Just like the way he did business. But, he de-regulated wall street to counter the economic slump that would've been created by his raise in taxes. Counter-balance that should've been capped sooner.
LogicDude - August 10, 2009, 8:39 am,
Want to see what Gov't run healthcare will be like? Just ask those of us who get "care" from the VA or through "Tri-toget-Care"'d be much more inclined to fight this new bill if you knew what was coming!
Haarakkon - August 10, 2009, 8:45 am,
LD, while I'm in no way dissing the Armed Services, there's some fundamental differences between the VA outfits and civilian hospitals. That's akin to comparing McDonald's to a mess hall.
LogicDude - August 10, 2009, 8:56 am,
Why is it that after 20 years of Army service and the promise of "FREE healthcare for life" - do I find myself paying for TriCare, waiting weeks on end for appointments, and still being asked if I have private insurance? It's worse than Civie hospitals!
LogicDude - August 10, 2009, 8:57 am,
That's what's coming down the pike for everyone else - a "free" system where you still pay for nonexistent care.
Haarakkon - August 10, 2009, 9:02 am,
I wasn't allowed the privilege of serving, although I hit MEPS twice. I'm working current;y with a group that's primarily vets, and they've had some trouble at the VA. From what I've heard, though, the various plans aren't changing anything. At all.
WTFO - August 15, 2009, 2:30 am,
Vets have never recieved adequate care regardless of who controls the White House or Congress. That is because it is a political mess. I injured my back severly last Aug. Because of policies that make military docs ration care, I didn't get an MRI until
WTFO - August 15, 2009, 2:32 am,
May when my condition had worsened 10 fold. I finally just got my operation mid July. I was lucky to find a good civilian doc that accepted Tricare. Most good docs don't accept Tricare and here's why, the doc and hospital charged $24.6K for my back op,
WTFO - August 15, 2009, 2:34 am,
Tri-to-get-care only paid $5.4K or about 20%. This is the kind of insurance the govt provides. It also has so many hoops for the docs to jump thru that it takes months for them to collect. Still want national health care? If Obama has his way, the
WTFO - August 15, 2009, 2:35 am,
horrible care and conditions that were found at Walter Reed will become systemic among hospitals across the nation. Get a clue. The POTUS himself defended his health care against the claim that it would wipe out private insurance by comparing his health
WTFO - August 15, 2009, 2:37 am,
care plan to the US Post Office. Does anyone here feel that the Post Office is doing a bang-up job? Do we want a health care system with the same level of efficiency as the Post Office. How is there any support left for this BS, $1T plan (CBO numbers)?
faulty switch - September 15, 2009, 2:57 pm,
face palm. im doing it rite now.
RoarsaidJesus - January 18, 2013, 10:58 pm,
wow... thats a lot of hate... im a fully disabled army veteran at the age of 26 with full benefits and medicare for life... ive been "retired" for about 9 months now and i know that most vets dont have the patience to go through and wait for the system to
RoarsaidJesus - January 18, 2013, 11:01 pm,
kick in... everyone wants to complain about how this and that is bad and not working in THEIR favor... there is no way EVERYONE will get what they want... if you dont like something, change it YOURSELF, stop blaming others... all i did was follow the
RoarsaidJesus - January 18, 2013, 11:02 pm,
directions that were given to me when i was chaptered out for PTSD and other various issues and i had no problem other than the waiting period since they have to decide who gets what based off of what they were told through people who made evealuations
RoarsaidJesus - January 18, 2013, 11:05 pm,
some veterans are too proud to just sit back and not do anything and let their halth decline because thats just how some of us are... but whining about something that you didnt actively try and do is like trying to build a house on a cliff near the
RoarsaidJesus - January 18, 2013, 11:09 pm,
ocean... you dont have a stable foundation for your claim... everyone i know that has done it the way they were told has had satisfactory results and no problems even with Obama in office.. including me... it doesnt matter who is in, im responsible for ME