It's the new stupid.

Creator: todd snyder

Derek - August 31, 2009, 6:17 pm,
Sadly not plentiful. Without breeder reactors, we've got ~30 years worth of nuclear power left.
WTFO - September 1, 2009, 1:01 am,
I'll take 30 years that reduce our dependency of foriegn fuel until other technologies mature or we get some more breeder reactors going.
Sean - September 1, 2009, 1:05 am,
I am so pro-nuclear it's not funny -- much like this comment. Of course I'm partial to the Canadian technology, the so called CANDU reactors (I think). Use the heavy water as your coolant. All but melt down proof as no coolant, no continued reaction.
WTFO - September 1, 2009, 1:25 am,
Looks like we've found some common ground. I'd like to learn more about these CANDU reactors. Maybe we can use that as a model for this country if we can get a govt willing to consider the benefits of nuclear technology and how it can help the US.
Sean - September 1, 2009, 1:34 am,
Oh yeah? Well it's gonna cost ya. And I am basing my "knowledge" on what little I remember from a field trip to one a few decades ago. And my zipper broke earlier that day so I may have been didstracted somewhat by embarassment.
Sean - September 1, 2009, 1:47 am,
I've often said that you's guys should become more like the French. *snickers*
Zed - September 1, 2009, 2:20 am,
Unfortunately, we have too many screaming ninnies who don't realize that Three Mile Island and Chernobyl were utter aberrations, and that there has been no major incidents with any nuclear reactor built after 1968. As much as I'd like better nuclear power
Jianju - September 8, 2013, 12:26 am,
Well, Zed, has Japan's disaster altered your feelings on the subject?
Zed - September 1, 2009, 2:21 am,
it unfortunately has too much of a negative perception in the USA.
th3flyboy - September 7, 2009, 1:07 am,
the issue isn't the emissions, it's where you put the waste... unless you're volunteering your yard?
Sean - September 7, 2009, 1:13 am,
True, that is an issue, but hardly one that dwarfs the benefits given global warming.
Zed - September 7, 2009, 8:50 pm,
How about Antarctica? It's actually bigger than Africa (the largest inhabited continent on the planet) and no-one lives in Antarctica.
Bah - October 6, 2009, 12:43 pm,
Seeing as how the radiation leakage of the sealed waste is less than that of unrefined uranium, I'd be happy to have it stored in my back yard, yes. But keeping it out of one's state is a political ballgame that no one wants to lose.
Regression&Division - December 13, 2009, 9:23 am,
green (adj): 1. immature in age or judgment; untrained; inexperienced: a green worker. 2. simple; unsophisticated; gullible; easily fooled.
fred - March 12, 2010, 6:59 pm,
James Lovelock: "only nuclear power can now halt global warming"