Wasn't it all about NOT bowing to foreign potentates?

Creator: Capt. Morgan

WTFO - November 24, 2009, 11:22 pm,
Well put.
Derek - November 24, 2009, 11:22 pm,
Nope, it was about grabbing power.
agdaniele - November 24, 2009, 11:35 pm,
Walking around with our chests out doesn't make us popular, nor tough. I always bowed low to asian customers. Lowering your head and not making eye contact displays your respect and trust in them, not weakness. Must everything be spun to a negative?
BoneCD - November 24, 2009, 11:38 pm,
Hell I bow low to my wife...but she still says "I have a Headache".*Note to self; get rid of gardener*
MrRandom - November 24, 2009, 11:39 pm,
Pool boy to for good measure.
BoneCD - November 24, 2009, 11:41 pm,
I thought the pool boy would go when I covered the pool. But he just stands there looking into our picture window....
WTFO - November 24, 2009, 11:46 pm,
A normal bow of the head is absolutely fine in Asian cultures with no weakness shown. A 90 degree bow displays one member is of a lower status than the other and is not appropriate. I think Obama's protocol officers failed him. BHO is just inexperienced.
agdaniele - November 24, 2009, 11:47 pm,
Very. But still needs cooperation from both sides... not a sh1tstorm of critics with no offers of legitimate solutions.
agdaniele - November 24, 2009, 11:48 pm,
Aggy, done.
WTFO - November 24, 2009, 11:51 pm,
I've seen multiple offers of legitimate solutions from the right but they keep getting ignored by Congress, media and POTUS. There was an alternative health bill drafted by Reps. Many also say stop spending, send the troops your Gen asked for, etc.
WTFO - November 24, 2009, 11:53 pm,
Lastly, and I'll get off my soapbox (for now). In order for the POTUS to get cooperation he has to be willing to cooperate. He hasn't shown any effort in the direction of reaching out to the right for input. Later, Aggy.
agdaniele - November 24, 2009, 11:53 pm,
You've seen verbal solutions lobbed around. There is still not a comprehensive counter-proposal in front of congress. You know that.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - November 24, 2009, 11:53 pm,
agdaniele - November 24, 2009, 11:54 pm,
Only one republican senator has a rough-draft of a proposal,.. more of a declaration of intent, and not detailed means to a solution.
agdaniele - November 24, 2009, 11:55 pm,
*pop* Sorry.... I was done. Unlike moooo's pie, this is fruitless.
TheTrashHeap - November 24, 2009, 11:56 pm,
hey quick he's getting off the soapbox, somebody tie the rope to the rafter.
WTFO - November 24, 2009, 11:56 pm,***ternative3962_9.pdf - Here's Boehner's plan. It is a draft because the Dem leadership won't let it come to the floor. They also offered amendments to block funding for abortions and use by illegals
Overlord Douchebag - November 24, 2009, 11:56 pm,
TTH, WTFO. You're both done. Again, take whatever little fight you're having to PMs, leave it out of the Comments.
WTFO - November 24, 2009, 11:56 pm,
which were sh** down by Dems. Then the Reps were closed out of meetings regarding the bills.
WTFO - November 24, 2009, 11:58 pm,
Already disengaged with TTH. No need for PMs or further jabs back and forth. - November 25, 2009, 6:16 am,
No it was about taxation without representation. it was about demanding equal respect. you want respect you show respect. the japanese guy handshakes we bow.
LogicDude - November 25, 2009, 11:01 am,
I was stationed in the Orient in partner units with Asian military members. In almost every culture over there equals bow to each other to an equal degree. If you bow lower it signifies your lower standing or subservience in the relationship.
Zed - November 25, 2009, 11:33 am,
Well, either his handler gave him wrong info, or the other guy snubbed him by not bowing deeper. BTW, was that Emp. Akahito, or P.M. Hatoyama?
WTFO - November 25, 2009, 11:54 pm,
We agree about the handler, Zed. BTW, I like the new avatar.