Serious stuff

Creator: Airman

rerun - February 5, 2010, 8:01 pm,
DSATHeDRiZZLe - February 5, 2010, 8:16 pm,
woww...I knew all of this except for the enver being able to swear or drink again that is dedication right there...
ICEMAN - February 5, 2010, 9:35 pm,
Once again Airman... Well done. 5L
Untamedfifty - February 5, 2010, 9:38 pm,
True Story Semper Fi Soldiers
Motifake Wit Liberation F - February 6, 2010, 1:04 am,
Anyone who's visited Arlington to see these guys on duty know they are seriously hardcore. Any potential enemy of my country would do well to visit to get the **** scared out of them. These guys are awesome; you wouldn't want to fight them, ever.
erock - February 6, 2010, 2:02 am,
awesome , 5L
Hasbunmb - February 7, 2010, 2:31 pm,
The swearing/ drinking thing is a myth... sorry guys.
Hasbunmb - February 7, 2010, 2:33 pm,
Oh, so is the stuff about the first six months... its just another special duty guys, like recruiter or DS... I admire the guys, I think its a great duty, very admirable, but its not the cult you guys are making it out to be..
phydeaux - February 8, 2010, 3:57 am,
True or not is irrelevant. TGhe seriousness and somber duty they hold is well understood by them, and all who have witnessed. I myself found it to be one of the most powerful things I have seen. Quite moving.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - February 8, 2010, 4:00 am,
Sure, But can you poke them in the eye and wave your dong at them like those Limey palace guards?
Aurielius - September 27, 2015, 10:29 am,
Actually you can get arrested for interfering with the Honor Guard as one young punk found out to his dismay.
MrBlack - February 8, 2010, 6:35 am,
I'm sure someone's about te get really pissed at me but, what's the point in havin such a strict card on a tomb of unidentified corpses?
rerun - February 8, 2010, 7:37 am,
Since you are asking a legit question, no offense. My best guess, it is about respect. These men & women have made the ultimate sacrifice and they are unknown. The least a soldier who is selected to honor them can do is make a life long sacrafice as well
rerun - February 8, 2010, 7:37 am,
this not only honors the memory of the unknowns, it is a testemant to the strength ann honor of the solder who is guarding them.
Airman - February 8, 2010, 10:46 am,
The idea of a tomb for unknowns came from the British in 1916. Our weapons keep getting more and more powerful, but we are still made of flesh and blood. There are a lot of casualties where the soldier is unidentifiable, or there's nothing left so having
Airman - February 8, 2010, 10:48 am,
that honors those who have perished also keeps in mind the families of soldiers where there are no remains. With DNA testing now, this doesn't occur as often. They disinterred the Vietnam grave and made an id. These soldiers do consider this a high honor
Airman - February 8, 2010, 10:50 am,
I should have snoped the whole thing. The hurricane part is true, as is most of the rest. What the soldiers do on their own time is not controlled. There are now 514 of these ribbons, and only the Astronaut ribbon is given out less often.
Mooooooooooooooooooo - February 8, 2010, 11:07 am,
That's deep Airman.....But, What aboot the dong waving?
Airman - February 8, 2010, 11:31 am,
sorry moooooo, yes, you can continue to do that as often as you can get away with it
Mooooooooooooooooooo - February 8, 2010, 11:39 am,
Yayyyy!!!!..........Oh, Sorry about your eye.....