man is least himself when he talks in his own person. give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. Oscar Wilde

Creator: Sound

agdaniele - February 15, 2010, 7:41 pm,
Great quote... but not for that picture.
Derek - February 15, 2010, 7:54 pm,
You don't think so? :})
Sound - February 15, 2010, 7:59 pm,
then what would have been more suiting?... no pun intended
agdaniele - February 15, 2010, 8:22 pm,
Derek: I've made my opinion clear about the depicted movement... parts of it are very admirable, but the long-term goal, or any level of anarchy or reduced government, is counter-productive to all economic structures... as anarchy or a society without a
Derek - February 15, 2010, 8:25 pm,
@Sound - It's perfect; possibly the best poster on the site in weeks... but then, I would say that.
agdaniele - February 15, 2010, 8:25 pm,
governing body does not remain as such... but rather, falls victim to organized crime. And organized crime, if you know history, would be the governing body, and does not tolerate anti-govt sentiment... choosing to punish it with death. Therefore, the
agdaniele - February 15, 2010, 8:26 pm,
very control (government that they try to deconstruct only leads to a worse one in it's place. And if you want to choose between our current govt structure and organized crime... trust me, stick with the lesser of two evils.
agdaniele - February 15, 2010, 8:27 pm,
Again... I am not 100% opposed to many anon views... but the ultimate goal is not well thought-out. (with all due respect to you)
Derek - February 15, 2010, 8:28 pm,
@Aggy - the "movement" (if you could call it that) is anti-corruption and anti-totalitarian. That is all.
agdaniele - February 15, 2010, 8:29 pm,
Sound... the quote, being from oscar wilde, is as in jest as it is profound. I'm a fan of his quotes and quips, but was merely commenting that the picture lends a twist to the meaning that wasn't intended. No offense meant.
agdaniele - February 15, 2010, 8:29 pm,
Now, I'll let this subject rest before OD cold-****s me with the ban hammer... and deservedly so.
agdaniele - February 15, 2010, 8:33 pm,
I know a few of you well... and we go around about it regularly. It's why I made the statements I did and why I say "with all due respect" - I merely point out that the current body is less coruupt and less totalitarian than the option that'd take over.
Sound - February 15, 2010, 8:40 pm,
A theological debate on my first post and i haven't even been a member for a full day. i intend that twist. what V did was needed. Anarchy is just a means of reformatting the government.I was hoping someone would catch that.
agdaniele - February 15, 2010, 8:44 pm,
Read below... anarchy gives way to criminal rule and law... a governing body that, unlike this one, will kill you where you protest, sleep or work. You don't know enough about organized crime to know that once in motion, only a govt like the current one
agdaniele - February 15, 2010, 8:45 pm,
could stop it. Yours is an idyllic theory, but reality, and history, would argue differently.
Sound - February 15, 2010, 8:53 pm,
it wasn't a reference to any existing country, it was intended to be a pun. that when we are lying(wearing a mask) it is easier to tell someone the truth. sorry for misleading you there, V seemed like a good match b/c he was showing ppl the truth.
MrBlack - February 15, 2010, 9:22 pm,
Give hims a Guy Fawkes mask and he will tell you the truth while blowin **** up
DonnieBluesky - January 24, 2013, 10:23 am,
Being drunk is also a sort of mask. I once heard something so painfully, agonizingly honest from someone when they were drunk, that I never trusted them again. How could I tell it was the truth? That person was...well, used to be, my mother.